Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[VW14] WINNER - Lord Borak's The Praetorian PDF "Dads Guard"
---

Welcome to the newest iteration of 40k votewar on LO, Votewar 2014! I’m excited at the opportunity to organize this event, having been one of the original players on the forums when votewar first cropped up. I'm hoping to fill up all 16 slots, but will not wait forever, so spread the word! If we must, we will continue with only 8 slots filled. If you have any questions, please ask them here or via PM and they will be added to the FAQ.

The rules have been tweaked slightly from other recent votewars, so read closely!

Rules
To sign up, please PM your list to the organizer (Lost Nemesis) only after reading the rules completely.

There will be either eight (8) slots or sixteen (16) slots in Votewar 2014. Slots will be on a first come, first served basis, meaning if we fill up all 8 slots and we do NOT reach 16 slots, anyone after the original 8 will have to sit this one out.

If the votewar has 8 filled slots, it will operate on a Two Game Elimination Style, meaning that for each round (barring the final) each list will be in two battles, and the lists that have the lowest number of votes over those two games will be eliminated. If the votewar has 16 filled slots, it will operate on a Double Elimination Style. For more information: click

Each round will run for a total of one week, beginning Sundays at 9:00pm GMT-5 and wrapping up Sundays at 12:00pm GMT-5, at which point each battle will have its votes tallied and the winners will be announced. The next round’s battles will be posted later that day.

All votes must be made in BOLD font or it will not be counted towards the tally.
Reasons for a vote are encouraged, but not enforced.
Players may not comment on their own battles, and if they do will incur a -5 penalty to their vote count.
The player named first will deploy first and have the first turn.
Traits, powers, etc. will be rolled for at the same time and posted with each battle.
All battles in a round will use the same mission, rolled for before the matchups are selected.

Army Lists
Army lists should be 1850 points or less, verified by the organizer prior to the votewar beginning.
Armies must have a single Combined Arms Detachment, following the standard Force Organisation chart, i.e.: 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops, 0-3 Elites, 0-3 Fast Attack, 0-3 Heavy Support
Armies may have a single Allied Detachment, following the ally rules and restrictions as laid out in the rulebook.
Special characters are allowed.
The army must be chosen entirely from a current codex.
No Forge World list or unit entries are allowed.
Fortifications and Allies are allowed.
Lists must include what specific psychic discipline any psykers have.
Lists must include what model is the army’s Warlord, and what Warlord Trait table will be rolled on.
Players are encouraged to include a brief (400 word) general-strategy post with their list, but are not required to do so.

All armies must be named, as must all characters.
All armies must be laid out in the following manner:

Army Name

HQ

Troops

Elites

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Total Points
FAQ
Q: Are Unbound armies allowed?
A: For this votewar, Unbound armies are not allowed.

Q: Are multiple CADs (Combined Arms Detachments) allowed?
A: No, only a single CAD is allowed and is required.

Rounds
Number/army reference: click

Round 1 Bracket
Round 1 Summary

Round 2 Bracket (W) (L1)
Round 2 Bracket (L2)
Round 2 Summary

Round 3 Bracket (W) (L1)
Round 3 Bracket (L2)
Round 3 Summary

Round 4 Bracket (W) (L1)
Round 4 Bracket (L2)
Round 4 Summary

Final Round

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
251 Posts
Very interested, thanks for the thread :D

Just out of interest, would the avatar of khaine count as a special character?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I'm definitely interested as well, sign me up; it's probably as close as I'll come to actually playing a match with most of the people on this forum, haha. I've never done/watched one before though, so I have some beginner questions:

What are the rules regarding Unbound armies, are they allowed, and if so do they have to be all from the same codex; ie, can we take 3 Riptides, 3 Wraithknights, and a unit of TH/SS Terminators in one army?

I'm also assuming that it's one army list for the entire war, not one for each battle but from the same codex?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For those new to votewar, I suggest reading Caluin's great thread stickied here in this subforum, then looking through past votewars to get a feel for how they go. It's all in good fun, so ideally we won't see only min/maxed lists, but you never know in a votewar!

Additionally, lists are now being accepted. Don't count yourself "in" until you have sent me your list and I have verified your position in the list, i.e. "you're #1, you're #2," and so on.

Now to answer some questions...

What are the rules regarding Unbound armies, are they allowed, and if so do they have to be all from the same codex; ie, can we take 3 Riptides, 3 Wraithknights, and a unit of TH/SS Terminators in one army?
Mostly because I'm stuck in my old rigid ways, I'm going to disallow Unbound armies in favor of the standard FOC chart: 1-2 HQ, 2-6 Troops, 0-3 Elites, 0-3 Fast Attack, 0-3 Heavy Support. Other reasoning could include balancing issues and the fact that I'm not as familiar with the Unbound system as I'd like. Either way, a future votewar may allow these (and I may even be the one to organize it!) but for now, nah.

I'm also assuming that it's one army list for the entire war, not one for each battle but from the same codex?
One list for the whole war. Though, you've given me an idea for a future votewar...

Is there a particular reason not to include Forge World?
A couple of quick reasons: they aren't as balanced a ruleset as the core books, not all players have access to them as they would the core books, and I am unfamiliar with most Forge World rules, as I don't actually own any of the books. Therefore, it'd be hard to guarantee a level playing field and equally difficult to verify the armies for accuracy, etc.

Any other questions, comments, suggestions, feel free to post them! Please share that this is going on, I'd love to have this be a 16-player votewar.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
Please count me in. I've sent a PM, but still need to send a list; I'm currently at work and won't be off (and have access to Codices, Army Builder, ect) for another 18 hours or so.

I've no issue with the exclusion of FW and unbound lists, but I am curious as to the reasoning behind the exclusion of Special Characters from the Codices. A great many currently widely accepted lists are built around those SCs and a lot of lists will lose their style without them.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
1,508 Posts
Well, I'm obviously for Special Characters, but I'll happily and without complaint go along with the consensus of the other VW participants.

What does everyone think? Codex SCs, allowed, or not allowed?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can understand why no SCs. I am to agree with lost nemesis on this one.

On a side note, army list sent.

·
410 Posts
I'm curious as to the reason why special characters are banned. Not saying I don't support it, or that I do. Just curious about the reasoning. Maybe I'll agree with it. Is that the cause of all the "death stars" that I've heard so much about?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have no preference as the organizer. Votewar has just typically disallowed them in the past. I'm sure someone could come up with a better reasoning involving balance or what have you, but personally I don't care. If you guys vote to allow them I'll change the rules - let's say final count by Friday, and I'll give folks who already submitted lists time to submit new ones if SCs are allowed.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I disagree on the Forge World balance, but okay.
Since you're doing Allies, I imagine CAD's are allowed?
I'll allow it and see how it goes, so long as all of your units are from the same codex.

Since this is my first time organizing a votewar, and since the rules have been altered as time has gone on, plus we have a new edition on our hands, I'm treating this as an experiment to get things moving, build a base of players, and I'll likely run a more polished votewar when this one is over.

See this post or the first post for edited rulings: http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-votewar/287186-votewar-2014-a-3.html#post2609209]click

·
1,508 Posts
When you say "CAD" do you mean "double CAD"? As in six Riptides in a single 1850 point list? I just want to be sure, because if that's the case, I'm going to go with an 18 War Walker list, rather than the much more fun to play and pleasant list that I've already compiled.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
When you say "CAD" do you mean "double CAD"? As in six Riptides in a single 1850 point list? I just want to be sure, because if that's the case, I'm going to go with an 18 War Walker list, rather than the much more fun to play and pleasant list that I've already compiled.
Precisely what I meant.

·
1,508 Posts
*sigh* That's was I thought. Lost, you might want to review that call.
Most TO's don't like to have double CAD tournaments because you see a lot of x6 Heldrake, or x6 Riptide or similar lists. There's little reason to run an allied detachment when you can pay just a tiny bit more in Troop tax to double the amount of HS, FA or Elite slots. It's particularly bad medicine when you're playing under 2k points. This will have a much bigger effect on the types of lists we see in here than allowing Special Characters would.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts