Librarium Online Forums banner

41 - 60 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
There must be one or two lists in there that were toned down so that they didn't lose votes due to being uber-competitive, haha.
I trust my tactics more than I trust some so-called "uber-competitive" net list. I mean what good does a copy-paste net list do for you if you can't explain to people why they should vote for you? ;)

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I trust my tactics more than I trust some so-called "uber-competitive" net list. I mean what good does a copy-paste net list do for you if you can't explain to people why they should vote for you? ;)
I was wondering how that works. Afterall, we all know what builds should be good, but that's a whole different kettle of fish than how they actually play on the tabletop.

Basically, how does "general-ship" pan out in this Votewar thing?

·
Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
1,508 Posts
It sort of depends on the individual voter... but in the past, people generally tend to vote for the list that is backed up with the best plan.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
It sort of depends on the individual voter... but in the past, people generally tend to vote for the list that is backed up with the best plan.
Yup. Thats what I took home from last Votewars. I did pretty good in both and the fights I lost were because I either failed to properly explain the idea behind the list or because I chose plain wrong tactics to go. Well, the only exception might be the WHFB Votewar final where my beasts run against a hard-counter type of list. And even that could have gone other way had I chosen a deny-the-points tactics to go with.

Klajorne, I think it pays to go back on last vote war and read out a couple of matches to see how it goes. ;)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I would assume both players be of equal skill. Deployment would be dependent on the owners and then general battle plans, but after that, I look at it as though I were playing two armies by myself and see who the victor would be.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
I do hope to see an Ork/Nid list or two. Those armies dropped off the radar when their latest revisions happened. I miss them... everybody min-maxes the low AP stuff when horde armies don't show.

Polaria said:
I trust my tactics more than I trust some so-called "uber-competitive" net list. I mean what good does a copy-paste net list do for you if you can't explain to people why they should vote for you?
You mean nobody wants to post a netlist and explain their tactics with "Yeah, so, just vote for me already"? This could be fun. :soldier:

Reactions: Psyan

·
1,508 Posts
Does bringing three Wraithknights and a Riptide count for generalship? :p

·
1,508 Posts
For the record, I don't use Wraithknights or Riptides. :p

Oh... and a question regarding one of the rules on the first page:

"Players may comment on their own battle a single time to discuss their strategy for the specific matchup, but may not reply to individual voters or respond to their opponents."

Unless memory is failing me, players in past votewars were forbidden from commenting on their own specific battles (to prevent arguments) and tactics for specific matchups were sent via PM to the organizer and posted with the lists. I'd advise going with this method again.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

"Players may comment on their own battle a single time to discuss their strategy for the specific matchup, but may not reply to individual voters or respond to their opponents."

Unless memory is failing me, players in past votewars were forbidden from commenting on their own specific battles (to prevent arguments) and tactics for specific matchups were sent via PM to the organizer and posted with the lists. I'd advise going with this method again.
Also remembering the last time I think PM:ing individual voters should be banned. 'cause I don't want to see the last years "you vote wrong, could you change your vote?" PM:s again.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

This rule was changed for a couple reasons:

1) Due to my work/life schedule, having to handle a smattering of PMs every round would make my life as an organizer a bit more difficult.

2) I also trust you guys not to get into heartfelt back-and-forth discussions and instead just do what I ask: post your strategies for the matchup then back out of the thread. If someone posts something wrong or dumb or contradictory, it's your job as a mature (hopefully!) person to ignore it. I have no way to police the PM thing, so it's up to you guys to be stand up here.

Back when I participated in votewars, no specific matchup strategies were allowed at all, hence the general strategy. I'm exploring different methods in this votewar to simplify the process from what it evolved into, making the threads pop more and giving the organizer an easier job. This will encourage future organizers (myself included) to pick up the mantle again and plan new votewars, hopefully without an entire year or more going by!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
So, here be the question:

When we start a round do I write a PM to organizer (Lost Nemesis) for general tactics and wait for him to put them up on the thread (like last time) and then, after both tactics are up on the thread, I have one (1) chance to comment and/or change things? Or how does this go?

·
1,508 Posts
Pol, I think what he is saying is that he doesn't want prematch PMs at all. :-/

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Pol, I think what he is saying is that he doesn't want prematch PMs at all. :-/
What prevents me (or anyone else) from waiting until my opponent has posted his/her tactics and then writing my "perfect counter-tactic"? Furthermore, if everyone starts to wait for opponent to reveal his/her cards first it will never end... :p

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
The other option is to just send your general tactics with your list, and leave out specifics. Most people voting in a votewar are smart enough to know or figure out or help others figure out what's good vs. what. The last votewars I participated in, that's how it was done and it was never an issue.

Due to my work schedule, pre-round PMs from 16/8/4 etc. people would be difficult to keep track of. If we are worried about folks tailoring strategies we can leave them out and keep general all-comers tactics only.

Remember, votewars are about the lists, not so much a specific player's strategy with the list. Goes back to the last conversation we had about how we vote - list, general strategy, then as if both players are equal/same player is using them, which is stronger?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

41 - 60 of 181 Posts