Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Mission Level - Alpha

Special Rules -
Victory Points

Space Marines

Chapter Traits:
Advantages -
See but Don't Be Seen
Honour your Wargear

Disadvantages -
We stand alone
Flesh over Steel

HQ - 363
Librarian Codicier - 133 points
+Fear of the darkness
+Force Sword
+Terminator armour
+Storm Bolter

Terminator Command Squad - 230 points
4X Terminators
+Terminator Sergeant
+2 Assault cannons
+Drop pod

ELITES 504
6X Devastator Squad - 168 points
+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

TROOPS - 399
6X Tactical Squad - 133 points
+Plasma Gun
+Lascannon
+4 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+Plasma Gun
+Lascannon
+4 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+Plasma Gun
+Lascannon
+4 Bolters
+Infiltrate

HEAVY SUPPORT - 504

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

Fast Attack - 80

Land Speeder Tornado 80 points
+Assault Cannon
+Heavy Bolter

----------------------

Kabal of the Crying Soul
Dark Eldar

HQ - 167
Archon (Khiraq Ah’hira, the Flayer)
+jetbike
+power weapon
+combat drugs
+T-helmet
+shadow field
+Plasma grenades

Troops - 627pts
10x dark eldar warriors - 100pts
+2 Dark Lances

10x dark eldar warriors - 100pts
+2 Dark Lances

6x Dark Eldar Warriors - 143pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
++Agoniser & Splinter Pistol
+Raider
++dark lance
++horrofex

7x Dark Eldar Warriors - 151pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

6x Dark Eldar Warriors - 141pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

Fast - 362pts
4x Reaver Jetbikes - 181pts
+Succubus on Jetbike
++Agoniser
++Tormentor Helm
+2 blasters

4x Reaver Jetbikes - 181pts
+Succubus on Jetbike
++Agoniser
++Tormentor Helm
+2 blasters

Elites - 338pts
7x Wyches - 200
+Succubbus
++Agoniser
+wych weapons
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

Warp beast pack – 63
+4x beasts
+Beastmaster

5x mandrakes - 75

Heavy Support - 345pts
Ravager - 120
+3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 120
+3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 105
+3 Dark Lances

·
Registered
925 Posts
This is a good one.
The dark eldar will have a hard time, because in one turn there whole armys transports can be blown up.,

I see the Space Marine player deploying as much as he can back, so a 1-2 inches away from the board edge. because of the high range weapons, they dont need to worry about it. The dark eldar will have a very tough time. The sheer volume of firepower, ie krak/frags will destroy the dark eldar.The drop podding terminators can still deepstrike (drop pods deep strike regardless, like terminators can). i vote for the Space Marines

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Assuming that DE uses cover, they make a blitz on turn one, and get that turn to fire weapons. So, how would that work out? (sorry, I'm resulting to stats since I really have no idea).

7 dark lances
14/3 hits (on devs, obviously)
70/18 wounds
That's very close to 3.5 kills from the DL

6 Disintigrators (sustained shot)
18 shots
12 hits
6 kills

So with other minor fire, they can probably take out 2 dev squads.

The Devs fire back:
12 shots
8 hits
40/6 glancing hits
20/6 destroyed raiders
3 of them die

That leaves 1 raider alive, and I think that with that, and the ravagers, and the warriors and the bikes (which turbo-boosted turn one), they'd win.

I Vote Dark Eldar

Also, the SM list has way too many missile launchers and is really unfluffy, so I vote DE for fluff

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
At first glance the SM army does look quite intimidating but when you look again it isnt.
Let me explain here...
there are alot of firepower but there is one fact that will give Dark Eldar a clear advantage here and that is the SM is 100% static, if they move they dont fire. It wont be hard for the DE Bikes to zoom 24 the first turn and get into close then go straight for hand to hand(of where there are no competition whatsoever, the blasters will have a fairly nice time as well).
or infact any of those units.
He does however have alot of units but it will the Dark Eldar player who chooses between who and when a firefight will happend... more or less.
Basicly he wont have LoS with all of those squads.
Even if deploying that far back the SM player only can push in so many squads without having them block each others view thus making it easier to get out of LoS using terrain.

I dont see the warp beasts reaching the mainlines but then again why not? we have an extremely cheap unit and will give anyone a fair beating and if they are shot they have served their purpose anyways... and he has to shoot it or recieve a charge on turn 2(7-12 move the first turn, a 19-24 charge the next, 26-36 charge). decoys or basass charge.

Add a little shooting here and there and the SM will suffer greatly.

I dont see this as clear victory though, it will be bloody but given the complete lack of any fighting power other than a very very small termie unit i think the DE will pull off the win.

I VOTE DARK ELDAR

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Remind me what a dark lance is...

7 dark lances
14/3 hits (on devs, obviously)
70/18 wounds
That's very close to 3.5 kills from the DL
lemme see if i get this: 7 dark lances fire? they score 14/3 hits? or 4.6 hits?
Which causes 70/18 wounds..? or 3.8 wounds?

Assuming its AP3 or better is 4 dead marines?

6 Disintigrators (sustained shot)
18 shots
12 hits
6 kills
So DE are Bs 4 then? I thought they where like eldar and BS 3. Also do either of these weapons have enough range? I assume dark lances are 36, seems like they could hit. But sustained fire sounds like deminished range in generall warhammer terms.

For the moment, i wont vote. But, bikes are a great counter to MLs, however, that assumes they are 3 AV, instead of 4 or 5. If anyone knows that would be great.

Im pretty sure raiders are AV10, they should fall to just about anything that shoots at them.

The landspeeder will have a good day, since its a low priorety target combared to all those MLS.

Fear of the darkness could help through off some of that eldar firebase.

While the termintors hopefully arrive before the bikes are in CC. If they do, i think this edlar list could be stopped, but i need more info on the AV of eldar and BS.

Anyway peice

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Dark eldar BS = 4
Sustained fire has a range of 24
and yes raiders are av10 and arent really expected to live long(only a delusional DE player would expect them to).

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
What about the bikes? Thats all, sorry to ask so much, simply need to know the AV on the bikes, and i should be pretty caught up.
Those aren't vehicles, those are jetbikes. 4+ inv. saves when they turboboost.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
I vote Space Marines

The missile launchers will crack the hell out of all the vehicles, then the plasma will wipe up the rest. this leaves the Dark Eldar army slowly traipsing across the board. It seems unlikely that they will survive at all to do anything useful.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Alright, well, assuming the Dark eldar have first strike capability, ill buy that, as they are skimmers, will as wamp pointed out, kill roughy 2 dev squads in the first turn.

Now the space marines return fire.

LST 4 AC shots + 3 HB shots, is 3 glancing hits, 1 raider down.

Vehicel moved over 6 inches, so rerolls is, 1.49 survive, so 1 or 2 (most likely one)

Its easier for averages if i group stuff together, 3 lascannons and 3 plasma guns at the remaning 2 raiders: 2 hits lascannons, auto glances. 2 hits with plasma guns, 1 more glance.
8 bolters fire, and score a glancing hit.

4 glancing hits, so another downed raider. Again, 1 or 2 survive the crash.

12 rockets shoot at the bigger skimmers, 8 hit, 5 glancing hits.

Results 1 dead ravenger, plus damage to the other 2 ravengers, they at least cant shoot.

So this leaves the bikes to charge. Basically the eldar can take a few pot shots, but not muster any real firepower on this turn. However, you still have the 4 brightlances by the infantry. Theyd probably soften up ML squad.

Theyd kill 2 or 3.

The bikes charge - The basic problem for this eldar army, is that space marines, are just that, space marines. And high I and reasonable S and T, dont make up for a 3+ save.

The beasts can easily be denied charges via infiltrate, the average of 2 turns of movement with fleet is 7+ inches. If they start up the board 12" the space marine needs only start 33 inches away from them. infiltrate allows him to see where the unit is and make sure hes out of the way.

The archron gets 4 attacks, hes hit with 3, but and kill 2 marines. Now the rest of the bikes go.. The important question is, do the eldar attack one squad or two? Given there 4+ armour save, id say they consolidate on one squad. Any one say otherwise?

Well, anyway, this means they get 16 attacks, score 8 hits, and 4 wounds. The space marine losses but one model form this.

Now the marines might as well strike the HQ. Hey hit and wound him on the same dice, and he gets the same save. So, 3 attacks on him, score 2 hits, and 1 wound, he probably makes his save. Meh. Space marines fall back, and DE hold them.

Next turn, 9 rockets score 6 hits on ravengers and 4 glancing hits. Through in 2 more lascannons/plasma gun shots, and thats the last to ravenegers. (6 glancings hits) 1/3 chance of being killed, ect)

Oh btw termintators arrive. They land just on the far side of the surviving raider, with diembarcked troops. The termintators hide behind the drop pod, which can hide 5 terminator models. (hiding them from the dark lances on the otherside of the table.)

They open fire on the infantry thats left from the 2 raiders. 8 assault cannons + 4 strom bolter shots, on the Wynches. 6 AC hits, 2 SB hits, 6-7 wounds scored no saves.

4 bolter shots kill 2 beasts, lascanon kills 1, plasma miss.
3Beasts dead.

LST, kills 5 warriors from the last full warriors squad.

Fear of the darkness

Wynches bellow half Strength, -3 total, from 8, 5. 59% chance they will fall back.
2 warrior squads, also 59% they will fall back althought they might have broke from the turn when they needed to take all on your own tests.

Anyway, thats 5 squads, so 3 fall back. And basically cant effect the game after that.

The archone and the bikes arent strong enough to take down the termintors in CC, nore that many marines. on there own, and the rest of the DE army is so shattered that they wont really be doing anything except taking pot shots at the devs.

Basically this game comes down to fluff, The dark eldar prey on the fear of there oponent, Space marine know no fear :p

Space marines win.

HOWEVER i could be persauded otherwise, with more factual knowledge about DE. Like if combat drugs doulbe the number of attacks that archon has for example ect ect. Btw i found DE quick refernance sheet + all over armies quick referance sheets at the UK GW web sight, which was very helpful.

Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar
What about the bikes? Thats all, sorry to ask so much, simply need to know the AV on the bikes, and i should be pretty caught up.
Those aren't vehicles, those are jetbikes. 4+ inv. saves when they turboboost.
You and I speak very differently, perhaps this is why we dont see eye to eye very often. Im fully aware that a jetbike is not a tank. I want to know the AV armour value, of the troops, or the save, as one could say, but i assume that wouldnt be confusing.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Space Marines

As said, raiders go down to infiltrating missile launchers, then the DE are pretty much stranded and will probably be split up and massacred with no real assault plan possible to kill all the sm.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
Space Marines

As said, raiders go down to infiltrating missile launchers, then the DE are pretty much stranded and will probably be split up and massacred with no real assault plan possible to kill all the sm.
Not contesting your points, I'm just pointing out that the missile launchers can't infiltrate, as this is an alpha mission. They're losing everything infiltraty.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
It doesn't make much difference anyway. The missile launchers would infiltrate away from the DE anway, so there's not much it gives them.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Yes, you are right. The missle launchers can take down about 3 raiders statistically. The DE eldar player would have to start out behind cover. Because of this I don't think he will get the 1st turn charge (plus the marines wil set up as far as possiblde away). Even if he does get 1 squad into combat the marine player still has enough to punch huge holes in the enemy army.

I vote Space Marines.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Well, I still think eldar will get some squads into combat in the 1st turn. If they hug cover on the approach they should get more by turn 2. Threre is other deadly stuff in the army besides the raider squads... Plus all those dark lances will take a toll. It's close but:

1 vote for DE.

·
Registered
830 Posts
hmmm no one has mentioned the mission.

Considering its a fully static marine army there is no way the will take and hold the objective. However it would appear that they have enough missile launchers, plasma, and....oh wait thats it...to take down the raiders. Although the Dark Eldar have enough anti-marine they rely heavily upon their vehicles which won't last that long. However the I can't see the marines lasting in cc.

see later post for vote

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Without infiltrate and needing to go places this SM list is at a disadvantage, while it can lay down the damage on the DE DE return fire is as someone demonstrated nasty, once the bikers/mandrakes/at least one surviving DE C.C squad get in there its most likely game over for the SM.

Therefore I vote for Dark Pointy Ears

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Space Marines

The reasons have large been said, suppressive fire is enough to take down the raiders, the marines just destroying the raider will kill half a squad, and then they need kill hardly any to deny them objective holding ability.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hmm... we've got an interesting 5-5 tie right now.

One thing that I find slightly interesting. If the marines win, they play Tau and probably win (my guess at LO's sentiment). If they lose, they probably lose to the orks as well, so for them, this battle is the difference between 1st and 4th, assuming my predictions are right.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.