Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Level - Gamma

Special Rules -
Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Roborks Uber Boyz
Orks

HQ - 247

Robork Squigmuncha
+Mega Armour
+Kombi Skorcha
+More Dakka
+Shootier
+3 X Attack Squig
+Iron Gob
+Cybork Body
+Mega Boosta

Big Mek Karkaz
+Mega Armour
+Kustom ForceField
+More Dakka
+Shootier

Troops - 1605

Wenkerz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Jenkz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Faguz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Fuzkor Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Krayzor Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Tactics:
Raaawr! Get Dem Oomies!!
(Charge for the win!)

Any squads over 12 essentially unbreakable. (Ork Mob Rule)
Every Squad has anti-tank capabilities and a Hidden power fist (29 meat shields)
Everything under kustom forcefield receives 5+ cover save. (6� of Big Mek)
150 Boyz – that’s a lot of meat

---------------------

Vorrack Cadre
Tau

HQ - 83
Shas’el (Helios Config) - 83
+Plasma rifle
+Fusion Blaster
+Multitracker

Elites - 243
Crisis Suit (Helios Config) - 63
+Plasma Rifle
+Fusion Blaster
Multitracker

3x Stealth suits - 90

3x Stealth suits - 90

Troops - 1119
12x Fire warriors - 215
+Shas'ui
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

12x Kroot Carnivores - 84

Heavy Support - 165
hammerhead gunship
+rail gun
+2X burst cannon
+decoy launchers
+Multi tracker

hammerhead gunship - 145
+ion cannon
+2X burst cannon
+decoy launchers
+Multi tracker

Broadside battle suit - 90
+Shield generator

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Well, the big question: how much damage can 15 launchas do vs tanks?

The big answer?
15 shots
5 hits
5/2 glancing hits
5/9 destroyed= not enough IMO

And the Tau have those nice submunition shots. Still, I have to say, this is the stupidest matchup I've ever seen, since the armies can barely damage each other.

I vote Tau
, but only barely, since even those submunitions won't take out that many

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Mech tau tactics:

2 devilfishes let out there gun drones.

The devilfishes then move up together, over 6.1 inches, they form a V in the direction of the enemy.

The tanks leave a 2" gap between them, (you may not move withen 1" of an enemy model, you must also assault the closest side of a tank, if you assault a tank.) Hence you cant assault or move though this gap.

The gun drones, 4 in total, each move to the outer edges of the tanks.

The lead gun drop deploys slighty less than 1" from the tank, while the other one stays just in coherancy which basically adds 5" to the width of EACH tank. Those tanks are at least 4 inches wide, thats 9" of lateral movement in a single direction that any squad would need to make, in order to assault the tau behind it. So long as the tau deploy at least 6" from the orcs, the orcs Cannot assault them.

And just in case some of you are crafty, you may not consolidate, under or through a tau skimmer vehicel. More importnatly, if the drops are at the correct spot, it is impossible to do so, even with a full 6inch movement.

The tau can basically just deny assault across the board, while the kroot and braod side, dont really matter, as railguns dont hurt orcs much, and kroot dont hurt anything much. But, thats not enough victory points earned.

The tau has 5 skimmer vehicels, it takes a pair to pull this move off, although 3 could also make the formation, but it wouldnt look as cool :ninja:

2 rapid firing 12 man fire warrior squads can kill 16 orcs a turn. (orcs are 4T right?)

The stleath suits can move up 6", fire with there guns, thats 15 shots each squad, with I THINK bs4. Thats, 7 orcs dead a turn, this unit can assault backwards every turn, therefor it is impossible for the orcs to assault them.

The tau can kill more orcs, while the orcs basically cant hurt the tau. And the tau are faster with more squads. 11 things likly to score, against honestly, nothing thats likely to score, remove 16 or so orcs from each squad and they are under 50%, after that, forget them, they cant score, simply run away from them.

Tau win.

Please correct any mistakes about tau BS, or S of guns. Piece.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
As mister Wamp said, the orks simply does not have the power to bring all those vehicles down.

Add a constant hail of mobile fire will make the orks run for their money(literally).

so in the end i think the Tau will wear down the orks enough to win :yes:

I VOTE TAU

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
The problem with the Tau army is that all the squads will get out, rapid fire then be assaulted by any surviving Orks and get kicked in. Even if they destroy one squad of 30 boyz, there's still the thing about the other 4 squads. In the mean time, any rokkits getting shots at the vehicles will at least do enough to stop it moving/shooting.

I think when it comes down to it, the Tau have to move towards the Orks to gain the other side. It's a Recon mission, which isn't very helpful to the Tau.

Therefore, I vote Orks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Robizzle said:
The problem with the Tau army is that all the squads will get out, rapid fire then be assaulted by any surviving Orks and get kicked in. Even if they destroy one squad of 30 boyz, there's still the thing about the other 4 squads. In the mean time, any rokkits getting shots at the vehicles will at least do enough to stop it moving/shooting.

I think when it comes down to it, the Tau have to move towards the Orks to gain the other side. It's a Recon mission, which isn't very helpful to the Tau.

Therefore, I vote Orks
Why don't they just stay in their tanks and fly right through the orks?

·
1,350 Posts
What good would that do? they need to kill the Orks, not tank shock them and get shot down. Remember, if there's above 12 of them, they're basically fearless.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Robizzle said:
What good would that do? they need to kill the Orks, not tank shock them and get shot down. Remember, if there's above 12 of them, they're basically fearless.
Nope, they just need to reduce as many squads as possible beneath the scoring limit, without getting hurt themselves. If they sit in their tanks, they're fairly safe, and they can pie plate and use those silly guns on the devilfishes, and the firewarriors can get out and fire if it's safe. No reason to finish off any squads at all, as this is Recon.

Though clearly, they'll wait a turn or so as the orks march forward, so that they can kill more orkses as the orks try in vain to reach them in cc.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Robizzle said:

Has nothing to do with tank shocking - remember the mission. Recon. That means both players attempt to get units into the enemy deployment zone. That's the point TheWamp is trying to make.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Heh. Well the orks could just spread out over their entire deployment zone and just sit there, forcing a tie... But that's just not right. The tau are much more mobile. They can drop their troops, shoot em all, and pick em' up again b4 the orks get into cc. It's kinda cheap but it will work. The overwheming fire and mobility of the tau will win the day.

I vote for tau.

·
1,350 Posts
Has nothing to do with tank shocking - remember the mission. Recon. That means both players attempt to get units into the enemy deployment zone. That's the point TheWamp is trying to make.
I know. Hence my first post, but I don't think it's a very useful idea to go towards the Orks...

Nonetheless, even if you only need to get the units below half strength, thats still 75-80 Orks. doing that with just a single Railhead and a few devilfish isn't going to be easy. Especially when 15 rokkits are heading back your way.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
The stleath suits can move up 6", fire with there guns, thats 15 shots each squad, with I THINK bs4.

Nope that's BS3.

Not that I think it will make much difference, the Tau will find it hard to make a dent in the green tide, but the Orks will find it impossible to do damage to those Tau. They will never be able to catch those Tau simply because of speed, and even those numbers of Tankbusters will find it impossible to knock down the Tau skimmers.

Tau

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
TheWamp said:
Nope, they just need to reduce as many squads as possible beneath the scoring limit, without getting hurt themselves. If they sit in their tanks, they're fairly safe, and they can pie plate and use those silly guns on the devilfishes, and the firewarriors can get out and fire if it's safe. No reason to finish off any squads at all, as this is Recon.

Though clearly, they'll wait a turn or so as the orks march forward, so that they can kill more orkses as the orks try in vain to reach them in cc.
Spot on, its just a pity the Tau player doesn't have 3 Hammerheads with subs, the Ork list would be toast, but as it stands the Tau player only has to fly round the flanks taking shots at each unit and reducing them steadily and then just fly any undamaged units into the enemy deployment zone, simple really and a bit of a mismatch.

So I vote TAU

·
Tomb King
671 Posts
I vote Tau
I think the Fish of Fury tactic will force the Orc mob to spend too many turns in lateral movement, and if they are threatened with assault the Tau can hop into any remaining transports, cross into the orc deployments zone and redeploy the fish of fury.
The tau goal is to reduce more mobs to under scoring strength than the orks can reduce of the tau. And I think they can do it. Mechanized mobility (with something better than a DE open topped, AV10 Raider) is the key here.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I vote Tau, but I do so for a different reason than anyone else and think that this match would be pretty close. Everyone else is assuming that the Tau will jump in their devilfish right away and either stay there, or run up to rapid fire ect.

While the mission is to get into the enemies deployment zone, nothing says that all the Tau have to try to do so. If I was playing the Tau, I'd have my firewarriors out and firing right away with their 30" rifles to start cutting down Ork numbers, and only mount up in the Devilfishes once the Orks got close and then racing over to the enemy deployment zone.

Thats 60 firewarriors firing for around 3 turns, and 12 Kroot firing for 2 without getting shot at because the Orks will be firing their rokkit launchers at juicer targets. So That's I think 180 shots from the firewarriors and 24 from the Kroot, getting 90 hits and 60 wounds from the firewarriors, and 12 hits and 6 wounds from the kroot. So 66 Dead Orks assuming that the Tau are shooting on units not under the kff or in cover, which they can't all be. Thats two of the Orks scoring units down to less than half.

The Hammerheads I'd take up to take the enemy deployment zone. Moving 6" a turn and firing as they went, they should make it, while still putting a dent in the Orks, but only one has the railgun, so that's the one that the Orks will be killing with their rokkits IMO. I'd assume that it would get 1, maybe 2 shots off before going down. So maybe killing another 9 Orks. The one with the Ion cannon and burst cannons would be probably killing 3-4 Orks a turn, depending on cover saves. It too would be a primary target by the Orks, and if it wanted to get the use of its burst cannons, would have to be get close so I'd say that it would kill around 12 Orks in this game.

The Broadside fires for 4 turns before getting assaulted, getting 3 hits and 1-2 dead orks depending upon cover saves and then it dies.

The crisis suits don't do much, and if the Tau player is smart they just try to stay out of charge range all game, killing perhaps 3-5 Orks max. If they get close enough to rapid fire or use the fusion gun, they'll get assaulted. So, I'm guessing they'll be jumping up one of the flanks and survive the game unless the Ork decides to dedicate any rokkits to them.

The Stealth suits are tricker and could/should be used to whittle Ork numbers, hopefully staying out of HtH until turn 5 or even later if they get lucky. So, I'd give them a killing factor of around 29-30 Orks in the game unless the Ork decides to redirect the rokkits from killing the Tanks.

I don't hold out much threat from the Devilfish and their drones, but lets say that they shoot twice in the game, getting 11-15 dead orks. So. Adding it all up, I think we have 133 dead orks on average droping all of their squads below half and thus not scoring.

On the Tau side I expect that the Broadside, the Kroot, half of the tanks and either the stealth or crisis suits to be dead, leaving half of the tanks and their squads to score.

Not an overwhleming victory, but a victory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.