Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone seems okay with me taking over in the absence of Sareld (with some heartwarming comments, I might add), I think it'd be best if we took a new approach to this.

The round will be 1850 points, just as before. You're free to edit the lists however you like or keep them the same. You may also submit a completely new list, if you feel like your current list has been compromised somehow. I'd like everyone to PM me their lists in the same format as you used previously. If you don't have a copy of the list handy, point me to the current Votewar thread with your army and tell me which one it is, and I can handle it from there.

Everyone who has a list currently submitted is promised a spot in the new Votewar round. Once I get the information from Sareld I can compare who is promised spots, or you can just point me to the list you have running now. The problem I see is that there are only 10 MkII battle threads, meaning there are only 20 lists. With the two that I know of that are missing, that means we have only 22 lists? Anyone able to shed some info on this?

Here are the ground rules I'm thinking -

*Opponents will be generated randomly using random.org. I will assign each list a number and use random.org to pair up the opponents. If random.org gives me a false pairing (such as making list #3 play against itself) then I will "re-roll."

*Missions will be randomly chosen. I will use random.org to generate a number between one and three to decide if the game is Alpha, Gamma, or Omega level, and then generate a random number between one and five to determine the mission played. Strategy Ratings will not be used.

*Scoring will be based on two things - The army most likely to earn the most Victory Points, and the fluffiest army. However, this deserves a bit of explaining.

The first priority for scoring each list is accomplishing the mission. The mission means everything, so he who can score the most Victory Points will usually the victor. When you vote, vote for the list that is most likely to accomplish the mission assigned to them.

Next, you'll vote on how fluffy the army is. However, when it comes time to score, only the "Victory Points" votes will be tallied and used to determine the winner. Should there be a tie, then we tally who has the fluffiest list, and they'll be declared the winner. This allows people to make a fluffy list in case there might be a tie, but it doesn't hinder some of the more creative lists that we see. This also takes a lot of the pressure off of the less common armies that are hard to judge on fluff, such as Dark Eldar or Necrons.

*The Tournament will be single elimination. While I would like to do double elimination, that would only get complicated extremely fast, and I think it'd drag out each VoteWar for too long.

*While my list will be hidden somewhere in the tournament, I will not vote for it, nor will I vote in any other thread. I am making this as random as possible as to not give myself an unfair advantage. After all - what's the fun in playing a game if you cheat at it?

I think I covered it all. I'll add more as I think of them.

I start collecting lists as of right now. I am aiming for 24, but if we don't get that many, some people are going to get byes. I'd like to get all the lists collected and posted by Wednesday the 11th. If I have atleast the majority, I'll start it then. I have some ideas for getting filler lists if we might need them.

Any questions?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Caluin said:
Everyone who has a list currently submitted is promised a spot in the new Votewar round.
There you go, Librarian.

Sounds good, Caluin - though, please, take my list out of the Votewar for this round.

edit: Oh, and would you be able to maybe persuade Blackhat or another admin to add two new subforums to the Votewar forum? One for 40k, and one for WHFB, so that we can keep all these threads separate?

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as I get the information from Sareld I can see who submitted lists previously, and those people are promised a spot in the VoteWar if they want it. The problem is ofcourse, finding out who has already submitted a list.

Lost Nemesis said:
Sounds good, Caluin - though, please, take my list out of the Votewar for this round.
Fair enough. Sorry to have you go, but look forward to seeing you participate in round III. Cheers mate.

Lost Nemesis said:
edit: Oh, and would you be able to maybe persuade Blackhat or another admin to add two new subforums to the Votewar forum? One for 40k, and one for WHFB, so that we can keep all these threads separate?
The thought has already crossed my mind, but thanks for the reminder.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
14,775 Posts
Well, problem is, I tend to make extremely fluffy lists that depend on tactics... I'm no good at making decent "cheese" armies (though I don't believe in cheese, so to speak). I don't like arguing for a list that I know is going to end up not making it all that far. ;)

I may still participate, discussing tactics and the likes for other lists, but until I can get the rest of my life sorted out (proving to be extremely difficult, sadly) then I'm going to be pretty inactive in the thinking department.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I'd say aim for 32 lists as it makes single elimination easiest and it makes it so that no one from the original gets excluded. I know my list never got posted. I'm PMing you a copy.

Also, there was a rule that Sareld had, that I'd like to keep that you didn't mention: if you don't post 1 or 2 sentences, your vote doesn't count. Can we keep that?

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TheWamp said:
I'd say aim for 32 lists as it makes single elimination easiest and it makes it so that no one from the original gets excluded. I know my list never got posted. I'm PMing you a copy.
Yeah, I've already recieved quite a few entries, which is great. It looks like quite a few people were excluded, so I'm shooting for 32. I'd rather not go with 24, as that'll eventually lead to someone getting a bye (Free win, basically).

TheWamp said:
Also, there was a rule that Sareld had, that I'd like to keep that you didn't mention: if you don't post 1 or 2 sentences, your vote doesn't count. Can we keep that?
Absolutely. The whole point of VoteWar is to see how your list will do against random opponents and recieve feedback from a wide variety of players rather than just the people who lurk in that particular army's subforum. I fully expect some form of reasoning as to your Objectives vote. Stating "I agree" will not suffice either - I want atleast some form of explanation. Even if you end up repeating someone's original statement, sometimes it is helpful to hear criticism from multiple points of view.

I had a question about the fluff voting, so I thought I'd clarify a bit. Voting on fluff will not be mandatory, and as it's only meant for tie breakers it's not critical you give reasoning behind the vote either. It would be nice, however.

Ezekiel had the idea of naming this VoteWar 2.5. I'm all for it, so I have thus dubbed this round as VoteWar 2.5.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Just so you know, I will be swapping my list for another, more well thought out list. But before I do, i have a quick question. Can we use forgeworld models? I suppose the answer will prob. be no, since this rule could be abused. Perhaps we can use forgeworld models in regulation? Like a points limit or something? What do you think?

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
numberofthebeastxxx said:
Just so you know, I will be swapping my list for another, more well thought out list. But before I do, i have a quick question. Can we use forgeworld models? I suppose the answer will prob. be no, since this rule could be abused. Perhaps we can use forgeworld models in regulation? Like a points limit or something? What do you think?
For this round I'm inclined to say "no." I've already recieved a fair number of lists and I'd rather not have to change the rules on them mid-way through and have them consider resubmitting a list to either include or combat a Forge World rules model.

Though perhaps if the majority of people are interested next round, we can do it for MkIII.

Edit -
Cryo was kind enough to extend my mod powers to the VoteWar forum, so now we have another dedicated moderator to watch over the forum. I've locked all the MkII threads, as they're not serving a purpose anymore, especially a certain Space Marines vs. Space Marines thread.

·
Registered
617 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
Well since everyone keeps saying there lists have been sent, ill do the same, ahem: My list has been sent.
I'll refrain from stating the obvious here. Suffice to say, I am a lot prouder of the list I sent than my other one in Votewar. It's incredibly fluffy. What is it, you ask? I'll give you a hint... It's not Orks. Anywho, I'd suggest putting padding on your chins. Don't want you getting hurt from jaw-dropping. :tongue:

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
numberofthebeastxxx said:
How many more lists do you need Caluin? Have you got the old lists from Serald yet? Just looking for an update. 8)
Right now I have 21. I recieved quite a few lists from Sareld, but it looks like I'm still missing quite a few.

So it looks like there will be plenty of open slots if you didn't submit a list earlier.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Incoming from me.

Just out of interest if we have 24 lists wont we have:

12 winners

6 winners

3 winners

1.5 winners? or will the final 3 all play each other round robin style?

Wings.

p.s do we have a provisional start date? you wanted the lists in by tomorrow if I recall. When are we launching?

·
Now with STFU flames!
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wings of Doom said:
Just out of interest if we have 24 lists wont we have:
or will the final 3 all play each other round robin style?

p.s do we have a provisional start date? you wanted the lists in by tomorrow if I recall. When are we launching?
If I was forced to start with only 24 lists then the last three players would have two matches apiece at the same time. For instance, say we have lists A, B, and C in the finals. Three threads would be created; A vs. B, A vs. C, and B vs. C. If one list won both of his threads, then he'd be declared the winner. Otherwise, it'd come down to which list accrued the most votes between all three threads.

Hopefully we'll have 32 before I start this. I originally said "Wednesday" but I realize that might have been a bit quick on the trigger for many people. Friday afternoon at 1 o'clock Pacific Time will be the cut off for list entries. I'll try to have match ups posted later that night. Waiting any longer will only be unfair to people who have been patiently waiting for this round to get started, so I'm not inclined to wait until the end.

For reference, the time of this post is 7:30pm Pacific.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.