Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Mission Level - Alpha

Special Rules - Victory Points

The Shadows of the Autarch
Aliatoc Eldar

HQ - 119 Points

Farseer
+Shuriken Pistol
+Close Combat Weapon
+Mindwar

Farseer
+Shuriken Pistol
+Close Combat Weapon
+Mindwar
+Ghost Helm

Elite - 447 Points

9 Striking Scorpions
+Exarch
++Stealth
++Scorpion's Claw

5 Pathfinders

5 Pathfinders

Troops - 532 Points

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

Fast Attack - 390 Points

2 Vypers
+Starcannons

2 Vypers
+Starcannons

2 Vypers
+Starcannons

Heavy Support - 360 Points

Wraithlord
+2x Flamers
+Bright lance

Wraithlord
+2x Flamers
+Bright lance

Wraithlord
+2x Flamers
+Bright lance

Tactics:
Ranger disruption rolls debilitate a huge portion of the non-mechanized part of the enemy army. After that, vypers and rangers and pathfinders blast the bits that haven't been put into reserves, while Wraithlord and Scorpions give them something to think about in close combat. Wraithlords deal with tanks on their way to cc, and possibly charge if it's needed. Against mechanized lists, the vypers instead annihilate the weaker enemy tanks. Infiltrate allows ideal placement for most units.

Fluff:
Oh yeah, fluff-wise, loosely the wraithlords contain the spirit stones of ancient Autarches. They've been in battle many times and along with their shadowy compatriots have become known as the shadows of the autarch.

--------------------------

The Outcasts
Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marines

HQ - 137 points.
Chaos Lord
+Mark of Chaos Undivided
+Dark Blade & Bolt Pistol
+Daemonic Speed
+Daemonic Aura
+Spiky Bits
+Infiltration
+Frag Grenades

ELITES - 210 points
3x Obliterator Cult

TROOPS - 748 points
7x Chaos Space Marines
+5x Bolt Pistol + CCW
+7x Mark of Chaos Undivided
+7x Infiltration
+2x Melta Gun + CCW
+Aspiring Champion
++Powerfist + Bolt Pistol
++Daemonic Mutation
++Teleport Homer
++Infiltration
++Mark of Chaos Undivided

7x Chaos Space Marines
+5x Bolt Pistol + CCW
+7x Infiltration
+2x Melta Gun + CCW
+Aspiring Champion
++Daemonic Mutation
++Teleport Homer
++Infiltration

7x Chaos Space Marines
+5x Bolt Pistol + CCW
+7x Infiltration
+2x Melta Gun + CCW
+Aspiring Champion
++Daemonic Mutation
++Teleport Homer
++Infiltration

5x Chaos Space Marines
+5x Infiltration
+5x Mark of Chaos Undivided
+1x Lascannon

5x Chaos Space Marines
+5x Infiltration
+5x Mark of Chaos Undivided
+1x Lascannon

HEAVY SUPPORT - 721 points
7x Chaos Space Marines Havocs
+3x Bolter + CCW
+7x Infiltration
+7x Tank Hunters
+4x Autocannon + CCW
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon + Bolt Pistol
++Teleport Homer
++Infiltration
++Tank Hunters

+3x Bolter + CCW
+7x Infiltration
+7x Tank Hunters
+4x Autocannon + CCW
+Aspiring Champion
++Teleport Homer
++Infiltration
++Tank Hunters

+3x Bolter + CCW
+7x Infiltration
+4x Plasma Gun + CCW
+Aspiring Champion
++Teleport Homer
++Infiltration

Tactics:
The list is pretty straightforward. It's balanced to take on anyone. 11 autocannons can deal with hordes and light/medium armour assests, 7 plasma + 6 melta guns deal with Heavy infantry, and 5 Lascannons help take down very high AV vehicles.

If the opponent is a more CC orientated list, then all troops will deploy back and Heavy Weapons fire will soften them up before finishing them off in CC. Obliterators will deploy normally in this situation.

If the opponent is more shooty orientated, then the army will infiltrate as far forward as possible with the Obliterators Deep Striking where possible.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The alpha legion have the cc numbers to kill the rangers and they have the high strength weapons needed to kill the wraithlords and vypers. The scorps will be fried by plasma.

Alpha Legion

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Half the Alpha Legion will start out in reserves and the other half will be pinned. Wraithlords will close in and vypers will tear them to pieces while the scorpions assist in the slaughter

The Alpha Legion is also hampered by the lack of infiltrate, meaning that they're stuck hoofing it the whole way across

I vote Eldar

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Eldar

No infiltrate + disruption roles = no Alpha Legion win. They will have severe problems advancing across the board, and then facing off against three Wraithlords.

On fluff though Alpha Legion.

Lets face it though, that Eldar list is frankly awful, that's a zero for composition if I ever saw one. Maxed out Disruption rolls, and 3 Wraithlords. Wraithlords are supposed to be incredibly rare weapons forged from mighty heroes of ages past. Yes, every Eldar craftword just has hangars full to the brim of Wraithlords, Wraithlords as far as the eye can see... (well there's Iyanden I suppose, but that's another story)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Eldar

Hmm I have to come up with reasons not mentioned by the others?

The CSM arent even going to turn up to have a battle. Those that do accept the invitation (where it isn't "lost in the post") will be shot to teeny weeny peices.

I couldnt agree more with Addorans points on the plethora of WL that all Eldar craftworlds have ready to support forces of less than 50 warriors.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I withhold my vote.
However, fluffwise, it goes the the CSMs. I mean, a force that snipes with three wraithlords? WTF?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
The Chaos lord will come on the board, and hammer those wraithlords like they where nothing, 6 attacks on the charge, which strike frist, hit on 3s, wound on 4+ and and allow no save.
Er what? The Chaos Lord will strike first and try and wound the Wraithlord on a 6. Then the Wraithlord will strike back having lost 1/2 wounds at most and the Chaos Lord will go splat. He doesn't even have a Daemonic Rune, just a +5 invulnerable. No way that Chaos Lord will take down 3 Wraithlords.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Ugh that eldar list is quiet stupid. Disruption rolls take no skill to use. For all you eldar players out there, you better prey you never get a new dex, cause currently half the stuff you field is way under point value, like 60 point vypers with star cannons.

Beyond that, 3 wraithlords arent that big of a treat, Once everything gets on the table, it wont be long for the eldar list to be crushed. Since Snipers will do nothing to chaos undivided, rerollable 10 leadership. They marines will take horribly losses from the skimmers, but they will down them with that many auto cannons. The melta squads can handle the warithlords, with a bit of shooty help from the obliterators. The chaos lord can run up pretty fast as well, hes the most mobile unit on the board, and it wont take long for him to get into assault, the wraithlords will be to slow to catch him, and hell reap havic with the scorpains. I abstain for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.