Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Secure and Control

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules - Escalation,
Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Strike Force Partheion
Dark Angels Space Marines

HQ - 342
Epistolary Partheion
+Force weapon
+Terminator Armour
+Psychic hood
+stubborn
+Storm Bolter
+Frag grenades
+Might of Heros
+Fear of the Darkness

4 Deathwing Terminator Command Squad
+2x Assault Cannons + Powerfist
+1x Storm Bolter + Powerfist
+Sergeant
++Powersword
++Storm bolter

TROOPS - 405

7x tactical squad marines
+5x bolters
+plasma cannon
+plasma gun

+5x bolters
+plasma cannon
+plasma gun

+5x bolters
+plasma cannon
+plasma gun

FAST ATTACK - 612

5x Ravenwing bikers
+2x Meltaguns
+Veteran sergeant
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Attack bike
++heavy bolter

5x Ravenwing bikers
+2x Meltaguns
+Veteran sergeant
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Attack bike
++heavy bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT - 400

8 Devastator Marines
+4x Bolters
+4x Missile launchers

8 Devastator Marines
+4x Bolters
+4x Missile launchers

Whirlwind
+Castellan missiles

REMINDERS:
I want people to remember Ravenwing bikes have 6+ jink saves and skilled rider and that you can charge into combat after firing bolters as they are bike mounted. Also that LSTs have 6+ jink save as well. Might of heros can be used any PLAYER Turn. Remember that dark angels are intractable and never fall back from shooting

TACTICS:
The Librarians squad lands in its drop pod near cover. Usually they fire and use fear of the darkness on a nearby squad. The Ravenwing bikes like to stay on the same side and attack the weaker flank. They fire all their weapons and finish they enemy off with an assault. They fire at tanks if they need too. The 3 tactical squads stay in a triangle formation. 2 on one side of the board and 1 on the other (the one on the same side as the bikes). The mostly wait for the enemy to come to them but they move forward sometimes so they can fire on objectives and enemy units later that won't be charging towards them. The 2 squads of devastators set up at the very back of the board each in one corner of the deployment zone and always in cover, unless either one of these things would prevent them from a long line of sight . They fire at tanks and armour of the enemy and also at dangerous assault units and units that try to get close. The whirlwind likes is to scare all those horde players as the indirect Ap4 pie will be killing and possibly pinning their troops, it wouldn't hesitate to fire at a weaker tank if it had too

----------------------

Roborks Uber Boyz*
Orks

HQ - 247

Robork Squigmuncha
+Mega Armour
+Kombi Skorcha
+More Dakka
+Shootier
+3 X Attack Squig
+Iron Gob
+Cybork Body
+Mega Boosta

Big Mek Karkaz
+Mega Armour
+Kustom ForceField
+More Dakka
+Shootier

Troops - 1605

Wenkerz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Jenkz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Faguz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Fuzkor Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Krayzor Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Tactics:
Raaawr! Get Dem Oomies!!
(Charge for the win!)

Any squads over 12 essentially unbreakable. (Ork Mob Rule)
Every Squad has anti-tank capabilities and a Hidden power fist (29 meat shields)
Everything under kustom forcefield receives 5+ cover save. (6� of Big Mek)
150 Boyz – that’s a lot of meat

·
Registered
830 Posts
Alright so escalation means the dark angels start without the bikes and whirlwind. It looks tough for them they have a lot of orks to kill. however the dark angels will have their bikes and whirlwig arrive on turn 2 and since the whirlwind doesn't have to move and teh bikes move fast its not too big of a deal. The dark angels have 19 template weapons and ordanence template. with 36 inches in between (I assume the dark angels deploy at the back of their zone as they won't fall back from shooting and in assault their dead anyways) the orks will reach the dark angel lines on turn turn 5. The template weapons will always be in range. I think its safe to say that the 2 devastators squads will kill 1 ork mob per turn (sixteen templates on one mob? even 30 orks won't stand that) and that the whirlwind will also blow a sufficient hole in the orks each turn. The smart player wouldn't shoot at units to close to the KKFF but 5+ invulnerable still is going to see a lot of orks dieing. The plasma cannons will probably finish the mob that the whirlwind shoots. Also the closer the orks get the more shots the will have to take from bolters. Also if the 2 bike squads work together like it they will fire out 20 bolter shots, 4 meltagun shots, 6 heavy bolter shots and 1 bolt pistol. After that they could safely charge the same mob and win combat with a further 20 attacks. Also i think that the dark angel player would drop pod the termies near a counter or near a squad where they can shoot them and then use fear of the darkness (I think this still works on Orks, they aren't fearless) so that the orks run away with leadership 5.

Vote Dark Angels

Is the whirlwind artillery? it says nothing about it in the codex. It would mean 1 extra pie plate and a lot more dead orks.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So many orks... but... so many... templates, multi-shot weapons, plasma, heavy weapons... equals... not enough orks to win...:shifty:

Check out Librarian Augustine's post. :yes:

I vote for Dark Angels.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Orks Win.

Orcs will rip apart those termintors, and the dark angles simply cant get enough shots off to dent there numbers. Fear of the darkness wont effect the orcs, and chuppas are like powerweapons to terminator armour.

There are simply to many orcks, if hes smart and spreads out, then his save from MLS and plasma cannons. Hes just go a huge number of orks, MLS will do well against bikes, if the bikes wish to rapid fire, they get assaulted, so they can keep the bikes to only taking a few orcs out a turn.

The whirlwind mines wont do that much. Since the orcs can simply go around them. If the mines actually land on the orcs, its still not has devistating as a normal hit because each orc is only hit on a 4, and still must be wounded. But more impotantly, the orcs can just go around, after they take limited lossess.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Orks

The template weapons are good, but they won't do nearly enough damage as they need to do in order to win. Especially if the Ork player spreads out even slightly. Even then the rokkits returning could put some serious hurt on the Dark Angels.

Also, it's a Secure and Control, which means in all likeleyhood the Dark Angels have to move towards the Orks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
All that firepower sounds scary but then you remember that there are 150 Orks coming at the DA with 5+ cover saves.

Plus FotD wont work on any Ork mobs over 12 men left. So its fairly pointless.

If the Bikes do shoot/assault a squad, either they will be in the open and rokkitable or in range for annother 30 Orks to charge and do 120 attacks on them. Thier paltry 20 in c.c seems less formidable now?

The Bike shoot/assault shouldnt wipe an ork mob out either, in which case the Nobz powerclaws are going to wreak havoc.

16 templates, 10 hit. 1.5 each template=15 hits, 7.5 wounds, 5 dead after KFF. Orks under KFF are hard.

So 5 dead from all those ML.

ORKS

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That amount of firepower is nice, but it isn't nearly enough to take out those orks. They'll swamp and kill

I vote for Orkses

·
Tomb King
671 Posts
vote Orks

fluff vote Dark Angels

If you've never seen a real horde before you can't fully appreciate what 150 Orks looks like when deployed and then crossing the table, it's plain mind boggling. I regularly play a horde of just over 100 and they are damn hard to cleanse (my list has 4 ML, 8 HB and 4 AC). But they can be beat on objective missions by taking the mobs down to 1/2 strength so that they can't claim, protecting my mobile units and never moving my foot troops, even if they might get assaulted (always rapid fire).

I don't believe that 150 orks can be spread out enough to completely minimize the effectiveness of the templates to only 1.5 models per hit, there will always be a clump of orks on which to inflict maximum losses (at least 3 models and a partial), espacially after movement and terrain. Likewise 150 orks don't fit within 6" of the KFF and if they tried then there's your nice clump of tightly packed orks.

All that being said. I think each army will kill roughly equal point values but the Orks will claim more ojectives.

Edit changed vote after realizing I had confused Secure and Control with Take and Hold (I think the Angels could win a Take and Hold as the attackers)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Orks

If the Dark Angel player had just taken his fast attack allocation with Landspeeder Tornados, they would have gotten my vote. As it is, too many static elements that would get swamped against that Green tide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ForgedintheFurnace, I like it how you can spell orks three differant ways in one paragraph ;) .

The templates wont hurt the orks that much: having a plasma cannon kill one ork a shot is not very economical, and the DA will be crushed when the orks close in. Rockets will take a toll on the DA, and, Augustine, it is unlikely that all of the Dark Angels vehicles will turn up second turn. My Vote goes to... (suprisingly) Orks

·
Registered
830 Posts
okay ever heard of partial hits? the template is going to hit at least 2 orks the templats could probably get 5-6 each on the first turn as the ork player has to squeeze 150 orks into around 12 inches. Also only a few orks are going to be within 6 inches of the KKF not all of them. HOw are bikes static elements? Medic you know this is the mission where you have to take 5 objectives right? Also the castellan missiles could be put on the objectives. Did you read Chaosbrynn's article on them? you can stack them up too. Everytime you step on the objective you get hit with mines that wouldn't effect the dark angels. Also those ork missiles are going to kill about 4 marines in a turn assuming that those marines aren't in cover. Also the 2 bike squads with shooting and assault shoot out 52 attacks with shooting plus assault. thats enough to kill 30 orks when 32 disallow armour saves and obviously the general isn't going to shoot orks in the KKF which would be 1 squad at the most. 20 further attacks will finish them. Maybe look at the vote again or read the article on castellan missiles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What I see : (as an IG Player) :ninja:

150 Orks (+2 Big 'Uber Orks')

vs

2 (x4) Assault Cannons
3 (x2) Stormbolters
23 (x2) Bolters
3 (x2) Plasma Guns
3 (x1) Plasma Cannons
4 (x1) Melta Guns
2 (x3) Heavy Bolters
10 (x2) Twin Linked Bolters
8 (x1) 'Rocket' Launchers
1 (x1) Whirlwind

(x Shots)

Total: 116 Shots (if I added Right)
-3x AP 2 Blasts
-8x AP 4 Blasts
-1x AP 4 Ordinance

All at BS 4! Those Orks are gone in at least 2 shooting phases (1 if lucky blasts)! Most of these orks won't even get armour saves! If it is played right (stay at range, don't get to close!), the DA could easily win!

My Vote Goes to the Dark Angels

Ghost

EDIT: As an Imperial Guard Commander, I only see the shooting. CC matters not!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The Dark Angels are built to killing Sm, but not for massacring 150 orks. They have a lot of speed and firepower, but it's no use when it only knocks out 30 or so orks in different places that don't matter to the ork leader.

The Ork player doesn't need to hit the SM player with much low AP - the choppas will do more than enough damage. The Dark Angels' player loses the Intractable bonus, fear of the darkness, and stubborn will lonly hurt them in this battle.

Orks will win.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Orks
I'm sorry, but 21 marines at the start against 150 Orks. Not gonna be good.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hey AGhost, you have the marine army rapid-firing and firing 12" weapons for several rounds on end. The round that they get to rapid fire is the round that they get charged.

And that's 96, not 116.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My mission vote goes the Roborks Uber Boyz.

In a mission that involves moving to take multiple objectives, the Dark Angels's static firepower will hurt them severely. In order to even put up a good match in the Victory Point department, he'll have to actually move and sacrifice all that wonderful firepower. Only eight missile launchers and three plasma cannons would be firing from turn one, and that is not even close to the amount needed to take down 150+ Orks on foot.

The Orks have stayed away from static firepower units and gone all choppy, which works to their advantage in a scenario that involves taking objectives. Fear of the Darkness is useless unless some major thinning out is done, and that's not doable with everything else arriving piecemeal. Once the Orks have closed for melee, the Dark Angels will be making tons of 4+ armor saves. Stubborn only hurts the Deathwing here.

The Whirlwind could do some damage once it arrives, but it won't fire on the same turn it's brought on the board. Remember the missile battery on that thing is ordnance barrage, meaning if it moves it cannot shoot. And da boyz can amass enough firepower with those rokkitz to put some hurt on it an at least get rid of the missile battery.

EDIT @ AGhost: The whirlwind is armed with Castellan Missiles, which lay down a S6, AP - minefield. The Orks will get their save (not that it matters).

It matters not, but my fluff vote also goes to Robork's Uber Boyz.

This is an Orky horde made manifest, and the Warboss has all sorts of good Orky bitz 'n pieces. The Dark Angels player is basically using his recon/rapid strike element (Ravenwing Bikers) as a blocker to stall and support the static battle line, something I believe goes against the main job of this wonderfully mobile unit.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
The DA angle player starts down units, while the orks deploy with everything i think, and the orks have so many models, that they might as well spread them all out 2"s apart from eachother. If the DA player deploys on his board edge, hes loses for sure, this is because the orcs can simply take all the objectives, while the DA can shoot at the orc... Not likley that he will make much of a dent, speically without landspeeders..

I only count 11 blast weapons + 1 mine field weapon. Those are also the only weapons which can hit the orc in the first turn, minus the mine field.

5 MLs hit, and 2 plasma cannons hit, If the ork is smart hes spread out, therefor krak missiles are used: 4 dead orks from MLs, 2 more dead orcs from plasma cannons. Thats 6 dead the first turn, 144 to go.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
ML arent as good as opinion dictates.

Even covering 2 apeice, unlikely if the Orks spread or get first turn (50:50).

They will only do the following.

8 shots, 5.333' hit. Cover 10.666 orks. Wound on a 4+, 5.333' wounds. 5+ KFF=3.55 Dead.

A hot 4 Orks, ML are overrated. Firing Krak does no better.

3 Plasma Cannon, 2 hit, 4 covered. 2.22' after KFF.

So 5 dead from all those scary templates.

The Whirlwind misses 2/3 of the time. Even if it does hit we can assume that being able to mostly go arround the Ork player will move say, 10 Boyz across it. 1/3 of a Squad. Thats only 4 dead.

Grand total rounding up of all the blast weapons then is 10 Boyz a turn thats not alot out of 150.

·
Tomb King
671 Posts
Librarian Augustine said:
Medic you know this is the mission where you have to take 5 objectives right?
Yes, that's why I changed my vote. I initially confused it with the single objective: Take and Hold mission. The DA are not as well equiped to secure multiple objecties as the Orks are. If the DA move to secure an objective they sacrifice much needed fire power. If you ever play a big, big horde you'll see why.

Also the castellan missiles could be put on the objectives. Did you read Chaosbrynn's article on them? .
Indeed I have read the tactica, but the tank will only get 4 shots at best. Some of which will scatter and there will be too many objectives for it to saturate. Again if it was take and hold that would have been a major part of the DA strategy, carpet mine the single objective.

Also the 2 bike squads with shooting and assault shoot out 52 attacks with shooting plus assault. thats enough to kill 30 orks when 32 disallow armour saves.
If the entire ork mob of 30 is kept within 12" of the bike then maybe, but being that close almost garuntees a counter assault from the next mob. The only way to avoid a counter assault from his other mobs would be to get the leading 2-3" of a mob and whittle them down. And the bikes just aren't on the table long enough to make that work in the end.

Maybe look at the vote again or read the article on castellan missiles.
I don't need to rethink my vote, it took into account having played a horde army and the considered opinions of the other voters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
librariun augustine said:
okay ever heard of partial hits? the template is going to hit at least 2 orks the templats could probably get 5-6 each on the first turn as the ork player has to squeeze 150 orks into around 12 inches.
I assume the board is the generally approved 4 by 6 foot. Thats a 6 foot (50 inches) buy 12 inch board- 600 square inches. Ever heard of 2" coherancey? The blast templates are 1.5" radius so aslong as the ork player deploys his boyz spread out, as I suspect he would, he will be pretty fine, as the blast templates can only spread 1.5" away from the boy its on. With nothing else in his way, his 150 boys with their roughly 1.5 square inch bases will have no problems fitting in the deployment zone.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.