Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules -
Escalation, Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Pride of Evisu
(Alaitoc Craftworld Eldar)

HQ - 340
Farseer
+Jetbike
+Mind War
+Singing Spear

Farseer
+Jetbike
+Fortune
+Runes of Witnessing
+2 Warlock
++Jetbikes
++Destructor, Destructor
++Witchblade+SP, Witchblade+SP

Troops - 224
4 Rangers

4 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

Elite - 720
9 Striking Scorpions
+1 Scorpion Exarch
++Scorpion Claw
+Wave Serpent
++Linked Bright Lances

9 Striking Scorpions
+1 Scorpion Exarch
++Scorpion Claw
+Wave Serpent
++Linked Bright Lances

3 Alaitoc Path-Finders

Heavy Support - 540
Falcon
+Shuriken Cannon
+Starcannon
+Holofield
+Spirit Stone

Falcon
+Shuriken Cannon
+Starcannon
+Holofield
+Spirit Stone

Wraithlord
+Flamer, Flamer
+Bright Lance

Tactics:
Fairly easy-to-use list, with a balance between anti-MEQ firepower and anti-horde weaponry. Heavy investment in surgical strike unit of Farseer w/ 2 Warlocks; versatile use of anti-armour or anti-infantry. Lone farseer performs hit-and-run duties, using combination of singing spear to attack armour and mind war to attack heavy weapons or power claws.

--------------------------

12th Au’lagian Assault Group.
Imperial Guard

HQ - 357
Brevet Captain (JO) Marinov
+Honorifica Imperialis
+Power Sword
+Bolt pistol
+Iron Discipline
+Master Vox
+Veteran with Company Standard

Anti-Tank Support Squad
+6x Guardsmen.
+3x Lascannon’
+6x Cameleoline

Anti-Tank Support Squad
+6x Guardsmen.
+3x Lascannon’
+6x Cameleoline

Elites - 501
8x Storm Troopers 140
+5x Hellguns
+2x Plasma Guns
+1x Hellgun and Vox
+Veteran Sergeant
++Plasma Pistol
++Power Sword
++Infiltrate Skill

8x Storm Troopers - 221
+5x Hellguns
+2x Melta Guns
+1x Hellgun and Vox
+Veteran Sergeant
++Plasma Pistol
++Power Sword
++Infiltrate Skill
+Chimaera Transport
++Hull mounted heavy bolter
++Multilaser
++Extra Armour

8x Storm Troopers 140
+5x Hellguns
+2x Plasma Guns
+1x Hellgun and Vox
+Veteran Sergeant
++Storm Bolter
++Power Sword
++Infiltrate

Troops - 262
8x Storm Troopers
+5 Hellguns
+2 Plasma Guns
+1 Hellgun and Vox
1 Veteran Sergeant
+Storm Bolter
+Power Sword

8x Storm Troopers
+5x Hellguns
+2x Grenade Launchers
+1x Hellgun and Vox
+Veteran Sergeant
++Storm Bolter
++Power Sword

Fast Attack - 240
Hellhound
+Extra Armour

Hellhound
+Extra Armour

Heavy Support - 465
Basilisk
+Indirect Fire

Leman Russ Main Battle Tank
+Hull Lascannon
+Sponson Heavy Bolters
+Extra Armour

Leman Russ Main Battle Tank
+Hull Lascannon
+Sponson Heavy Bolters
+Extra Armour

Fluff:
The 12th Au’Lagian are currently stationed aboard the Overlord Class Battle Cruiser Enduring Grace. Part of a Task force combating splinter fleets of Hive Fleet Leviathan and the chaos they cause. In surrounding areas troops have been stripped from worlds to halt the ‘Nid invasion leaving traitors, Orks and even Eldar to take advantage of the Imperium’s weakness. The Au’Lagian are highly trained and equipped to fight in any environment, be it putting down a mutie uprising or combating the super-fast Eldar. Their equipment is superior due to a continuing Munitorium oversight in sending 3 Regiments worth of equipment to a single one (2 other regiments in the task force met Tyranid forces and were destroyed).

Tactics:
Tactically they rely on massed firepower capable of dealing with a multitude of adversaries from gigantic Hive Beasts to swarms of Orks. The Squads spread out, some infiltrating from pre assault drop ship deployment to meet the enemy and close the range.
Though close combat is not the desired outcome.
Small squads are deployed from the Enduring Grace in the later stages of an engagement to attack the rear armour of troublesome units or add firepower to where it’s needed.

Any combated unit is swiftly isolated and its assailants dealt with by application of mass firepower.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Normally I'd say that the eldar would shred the guardin cc... But all that plasma, meltas, and ordinance weapons, will take out the serpents and then the scorpions. They have no stones so they'll be out fairly quick. Once the scorpions are grounded they'll be shredded.This is a Recon mission. So, even though the eldar have superior mobility, the firepower of the guard can take out rangers, scorpions, or whatever. By the final few turns, the IG will have more units in the eldar deployment zone because the eldar can't really stop them once the scorpions are taken out.

I vote for IG.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Actually none of the storm troopers have deepstrike. I can't see the gaurd taking out both falcons however I think that the leman russes may be able to take out the falcons. However It will be hard to get enough gaurdsmen will get to the eldar zone. It comes down to the wire, but I vote gaurd

Imperial gaurd

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Imperial guard

The amount of heavy weapons will bring down the Falcons no problem, and the plasma is more than a match for the wraithlord, purely because there's so much of it. The Russes will tear apart the striking scorpions, although if they DO get into combat, things might look bleak for the IG. even though thats not likely to happen.

Also, the rangers are toast at the hands of 2 hellhounds.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Imperial Guard

All thier guns have a target which they can be lethal on, hellhounds on rangers, Russ' on Scorpions etc.

Once the Wave Serpents die, (not hard with that firepower) there is 1 WL with BL to kill 2 Russ'.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what's going to ground the scorpions... those lascannons come in late, so they have to move on, probably not into cover. Then, you've got a few S8 BS3 weapons hitting those serpents. Not particularly effective. Falcons are impervious (essentially) to fire, and the storm troopers likely start out pinned. Generally, the eldar will control this game very easily. Also, those chimeras will die as soon as they hit the table, this list has a powerful amount of firepower

I vote Eldar

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Imperial Guard

They have the right mix of anti-tank shooting to take down those Falcons, and sufficient plasma to hurt anything in the Eldar list. I can also see those Hellhounds doing a real number.

·
480 Posts
Wings of Doom said:
Imperial Guard

All thier guns have a target which they can be lethal on, hellhounds on rangers, Russ' on Scorpions etc.

Once the Wave Serpents die, (not hard with that firepower) there is 1 WL with BL to kill 2 Russ'.
Did you not see the two quite large HQ units at the top of the page?

Seems to me that a S9 throwing attack that hits on 2s (with AP n/a, not AP-), and seperate of retinue of S9 attacks with warlocks (9 attacks on the charge) is gonna do a number on tanks, especially able to turbo-boost 24" will put them in prime striking distance at an early time. Statistically, the extremely insufficient amount of lascannons can't deal with the Falcons, needing 9 shots, on average, to stop one. That's ONE.

Sure, there are lethal targets for IG. But the 224 points that went into rangers in this min-maxed Alaitoc list isn't going to contribute much besides give disruption rolls at the beginning of the battle, so it's not a big loss (tactically) to lose them to the Hellhounds.

Amusing how some people decided to ignore the Eldar's 340 point HQ unit.

I vote for Eldar.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
At the same time, Falcons are not particularly good against any element of this IG list and will turn up later like the Russ'.

If the Farseer can predict exactly where the Russ' are going to come on then he obviously deserves his name and even then 1 Lascannon isnt too much of a worry to a big strong Russ.

Plasma can do the damage required on WS to at least stunn them off the IG battleline.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
those lascannons come in late
Negatory, good sar. They're attached to the HQ as anti-tank support squads, so they'll start on the board in escalation, unless my understanding of escalation is incorrect. You start with HQ and troops, yeah?

·
480 Posts
Wings of Doom said:
At the same time, Falcons are not particularly good against any element of this IG list and will turn up later like the Russ'.

If the Farseer can predict exactly where the Russ' are going to come on then he obviously deserves his name and even then 1 Lascannon isnt too much of a worry to a big strong Russ.

Plasma can do the damage required on WS to at least stunn them off the IG battleline.
List of Eldar Heavy Anti-Tank in List
- Singing Spear (S9+D6)
- x3 Witchblades (S9+D6)
- x2 Twin-Linked Bright Lances
- x2 Pulse Lasers
- x1 Bright Lance

List of Eldar Heavy Anti-Tank You Were Able to Find Judging from "Once the Wave Serpents die, (not hard with that firepower) there is 1 WL with BL to kill 2 Russ'"
- x2 Twin-Linked Bright Lances
- x1 Bright Lance

Robizzle said:
Negatory, good sar. They're attached to the HQ as anti-tank support squads, so they'll start on the board in escalation, unless my understanding of escalation is incorrect. You start with HQ and troops, yeah?
Escalation = basic infantry deployed at the start of the game.

Mod Edit -
Watch the sarcasm and keep the acid tone in your voice out of this. It's okay to debate, but not the way you approached it.

~Cal

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The IG will decimate the Eldar in every aspect except close combat - which isn't going to happen enough for the Eldar to pull ahead.

Imperial Guard

·
480 Posts
Caluin said:
Mod Edit -
Watch the sarcasm and keep the acid tone in your voice out of this. It's okay to debate, but not the way you approached it.
I havn't been so much debating as contemplating whether to run my head against a brick wall (or was that, whether I've been running my head against a brick wall?) but yes, I'll keep that in mind.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
The eldar start with 14 rangers, and MAYBE 3 path finders are these infantry?

2 strom troops squads can infiltrate up close to the rangers, (or pathfinders) These storm troops are more then a match for the rangers and the pathfinders (even if they pathfinders are good, they will get hit with 3 lascannons as well.)

Rangers are a pretty weak unit, although they will go in cover, making them annoying to kill, the storm troops will force saves on them, in greater number, and many many more shots.
20 hell gun shots, plus 10 plasma gun shots. Thats enough fire power to wipe out 2 squads of the rangers in the first turn, with probably marginal damage done in return.

The strom troops will lose 3 dudes, if the eldar get the first turn, Unless they deployed out of line of sight. Next turn, 1 wave serpent, 1 HQ, 1 falcon, and possibly the wraithlord should come. What ever it is, the strom troopers wont go down all that easily to it, 1 falcon can put a lot of shots down, but its the only thing, everything else pretty much gets 1 shot. Id guess another 6 troopers would go down, but return fire would result in a dead something. What ever happens with them, 6 lascannons will fire at the wave sperent, which are s9. Not s8. Thats 3 hits, and 2 glancing hits. Easily kill a wave sperent.
Plus its moved over 6 inches so all the troops inside are wounded on rerollable 4s. So thats 2 dead socpains, And the IG should have gotten 1 lemon russ, 1 hellhound, and either the chimera or the balasisk in. The lemon russ has a pretty good chance of taking out another 3-4 sorpains, since they will be so tightly packed.(or the whole squad if the tanks really lucky) So they are basically pinned and under 50 Percent. The falcon posses little threat to a lemun russ, and isnt a high prorety target, no reason to waste shots on it yet.

Basically next turn, is the same story, while the hell hounds, and other strom troopers are in range or close to it. And the Eldars wave seperent gets blown up, and there guys hammer, by 3 ordance blasts this time.

Once the wave seperents are gone, the only threat is the wraithlord, who wont last long agaisnt the entire might of an IG army. And i guess pot shots can go agaisnt falcons. Since after the main CC treat is borken, the IG can just shoot mass shots at them, like 8 lascannons, and an ordance shot every turn. Falcones arent invisable, ive never been that impressed with them.

If this wasnt escelation, the eldar would kill this gaurd list, which has no right to be here against that chaos list.

IG win.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ig won't start with several of their (6) infantry squads, due to disruption. Several others will be pinned at the beginning, so really, the ig don't have much of an advantage here

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.