Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules -
Escalation, Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Warboss Mozzerz Flyboyz

Orks

HQ - 328

Warboss
+Slugga
+Choppa
+‘Eavy Armour
+Attack Squig
+5 Nobs
++5x Slugga
++5x Choppa
++5x ‘Eavy Armour
+Mekboy
++Kustom Forcefield
++Choppa
++‘Eavy Armour
+Trukk
++Red Paint Job
++Big Shoota

Elites - 1027

Boss Zagstrukk - 355
+20 Vulchas

20x Stormboyz - 336
+Nob
++Powerclaw
++Slugga

20x Stormboyz - 336
+Nob
++Powerclaw
++Slugga

Troops- 300

10 Tankbustas - 150
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Rokkit Launcha

10 Tankbustas - 150
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support- 195

Looted Leman Russ Demolisher
+Plasma Cannon
+Lascannon
+Extra Armour

Fluff:
Dis is da legendery Flyboyz krew.

Zagstruk wanted more boyz, now ‘is Vulcha’s are followed by more krazy flyboyz. Pluz Da local warboss and his drinking buddies. Zagstruk aint stupid though, he hired some Tankbusta’s and their looted tank to draw some fire off him and his ‘ard combat ladz. No sense getting blowed apart before youse gets there.

Special rules:
Mob size-all orky units of over 12 men are fearless.
The squad with Zagstruk can move and charge 12� and gets +1 Strength on the charge.
Tankbusta’s do what the name implies (equiz to S9). The Trukk is super fast.
Kustom Force Field of the Big Mek gives all units within range a cover save even in the open.

Tactics wise the 60 Stormboyz launch an almost unstoppable second turn charge. 60 of them on the charge have 240 choppa attacks. Plus the Nobz each have 19 meat shields and a tank or MC blatting power claw.

The Tankbusta’s roll up field taking pot shots at enemy tanks and harder units. The Demolisher is primarily a tank hunter and serves to draw fire off the rest of the army.

The Warboss and Nobz are a response unit, their Trukk lets them get anywhere fast, a second turn charge is easy. Sometimes even a first turn one. The Big Meks Kustom force field keeps the unit safer and gives the nearby Stormboyz a 5+ cover save.

-------------------

Vorrack Cadre
Tau

HQ - 83
Shas’el (Helios Config) - 83
+Plasma rifle
+Fusion Blaster
+Multitracker

Elites - 243
Crisis Suit (Helios Config) - 63
+Plasma Rifle
+Fusion Blaster
Multitracker

3x Stealth suits - 90

3x Stealth suits - 90

Troops - 1119
12x Fire warriors - 215
+Shas'ui
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

Troops - 205
12x Fire warriors
+Devilfish
++Decoy launchers

12x Kroot Carnivores - 84

Heavy Support - 165
hammerhead gunship
+rail gun
+2X burst cannon
+decoy launchers
+Multi tracker

hammerhead gunship - 145
+ion cannon
+2X burst cannon
+decoy launchers
+Multi tracker

Broadside battle suit - 90
+Shield generator

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm afraid I have to abstain here. I don't really know enough about tau to place an accurate vote. But from what I do understand it is all very close. It comes down to whether the tau can kill enough orks and enough orks can get into cc. I don't know enough about statistics and tau weaponry.

I abstain.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Tau

yes its a weak list however this mission plays right into their hand as the Tau have to get to thier deployment zone and charge towards to orks. I think that the orks however don't have enough to destroy the devilfishes and that will be their downfall

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Orks, first turn charge on the sleath or battle suits, once in CC, its over.

They are fast enough to get back into combat fast, and deadly enough to take out this army extreamily quickly.

Tau for fluff.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tau
Those tankbustas should be wiped off the board before they can get to the devilfishes. That opens targets aplenty for them to deal with one at a time as they come in. The Orks just aren't suited to deal with four tanks rapidly enough to stop them.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Orks

The stormboyz can hop from cover to cover, and when 60 Orks hits the Tau line it really is over.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
There isnt anything that can take down the Tankbusta's very easily. That means they and the Demolisher can hit the Transports and Russ'.

Stormboyz, esp the 24" charge ones can easily cover to cover to charge the Crisis/stealth suits.

Orks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The tankbustas are utterly worthless vs Tau vehicles and can be taken down by submunition shots fairly easily. The Tau can easily avoid combat simply by sitting in their vehicles with impervity. This shows the lacking of this ork army fairly strongly.

EDIT: Yeah, thanks Addoran. I vote for Tau

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hey The Wamp, did you mean to vote for Tau then, or were you abstaining?

Myself, I say Orks here.

As Orks go, that's a seriously fast Ork list. I think in a 'normal' tournament game setting the Tau player would be caught off guard by the Ork list, and would be rueing some horrible surprises. I see the Tau's Hammerheads and Devilfish being largely impervious to much Ork fire, but the Tau player being forced to button up his infantry in his Devilfish or lose them. The Ork player playing to the scenario could win this.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
voting for
tau for killing power
Tau for fluff (an ork army made up of almost thing but elites aint too fluffy)
Tau for objective

well I think every one needs to note something’s about the tau and ork lists.

Tau. almost the ENTIRE list is mounted in transports and if the ork player is relying on getting into combat with fire warriors turn two i think he might be disappointed with a wall of AV12 skimmers (only hitting on 6's in combat remember so i doubt powerclaws will do much).
assuming that the orks do reach the tau lines only a fool would jump the fire warriors out and waste the fantastic advantage he has in his transports (which are equipped with burst cannons)
the tau list also has a ion head at its disposal which is a pretty big edge with its 9 S7/5 shots per turn against infantry hurting light or heavy armoured troops evenly.

the kroot are not a unit to count out remember with a highish I, WS and S they could potentially bog down an ork unit if they are hidden well enough in cover (cheep as hell too)

two rail guns (one on the hammerhead the other on the broadside) will make quick work of the demolisher thanks to greater range and statistical accuracy ( 2 hits. 1 glanching/penitrating hit per turn assuming the demolisher does not sit hidden squandering its guns)

every one who has mentioned them so far seems to have assumed that the stealth suits will sit as close as possible to the orks which im sure any tau player will tell you is nuts. It is much more probable that they will hide nearer the centre of the board and act as a distracter unit drawing some of those storm boys off for a turn and pull a few down from burst cannon fire in the process

Orks.
there are one or two flaws id like to point out here. first is the 100% reliance on the storm boys getting into combat with infantry turn two (or engaging infiltrates *probably hidden thanks to stealth suits here and I wouldn’t put the suits right in the orks face if i were the tau*) the anti tank of the force is tied up in the very short ranged demolisher (which is terribly vulnerable to the two rail guns in the tau list) or the FOOT SLOGGING tank bustas who I wouldn’t expect to do much more than shoot the odd rocket for most of the game.

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
My vote goes to Tau. Hands down, utter annihilation on the Ork side, no survivors. The Tau will win it easily.

If they're lucky enough to get a first turn charge, the orks will drive up in their trukk. Their expensive HQ squad will jump out. They will, maybe, just maybe blow up a devilfish - they only have choppas, so they'll find it very hard. The devilfish explodes, and as it's combat with a vehicle, the expensive Ork HQ can't move. They are then sitting ducks for the (not included the entangled squad) remaining pulse rifles, burst cannons, ion cannon, a submunitions shot that will ignore their saves, and a plethora of other weapons which, quite frankly, will **** them up. Bear in mind that the devilfishes and stealth suits could easily deal with the nobs on their own, leaving 48 - 60 pulse rifles(at full tau strength) to blast the living crap out of the stormboyz - and believe me, they will easily wipe out a stormboyz squad in one turn, maybe even two, and with the kroot's efforts to delay them, the tau will ultimately win out. The stormboyz will take at least two turns to get to combat, in which time they will have taken a fair few submunitions shots at least as well as the firepower of the fire warriors. The tankbustas, footslogging their way up the battlefield, will get shot to bits and will never get close enough to fire their rokkits, and the leman russ will simply be blown to smithereens by the hammerhead as it brings its main gun into range.

Lack of anti-armour, decisive close combat strength, or ability to stick to one theme in the ork list will lead to it's ultimate destruction, by any army list with a degree of armour - they simply do not have enough anti-tank ability to deal with this mechanised army, and are far too spread across ranged and close combat, leading to an incredibly weak ork list with not nearly enough ability to conquer an unorthodox eventuality.

Notes on the mission - Escalation will work very much in the tau's favour. With the majority of the speedy Ork units off the board at the start, the tau are free to pick apart the tankbustas with their infantry that is around. As soon as the devilfish begin to pile on, the tau instantly have the range and firepower advantage. Seeing as they don't need to move and will basically act as a firebase, the range that they'll be from the orks will be incredibly beneficient to the Tau. The Orks will need to traverse the length of the table under constant bombardment until they reach the tau, harried all the while by speedy kroot and stealth suits.

The greater good, as such, is furthered this day.

LoC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Arklite said:
voting for

tau for fluff (an ork army made up of almost thing but elites aint too fluffy)
An ork army made of almost nothing but elites is cheesy, not unfluffy. An army of crazed green combat hooligans strapped to kamakazie rockets is, to me, a very appealing and 'orky' idea.
An army of tau all in vehicles or jump packed suits would be quite cool, excpet for the addition of the foot slogging kroot who are just going to be left behind, and the slow ol' broadside.

I agree basically with Wings- the tankbusta's will be able to take down most of the devilfish, and the stormboys will swoop in to mop up the firewarriors. Remember, the demolisher does also have a lascannon, even if only at BS3 or so. The devilfish may be skimmers, but if two or more squad's nobs get into combat with them, they'll krumple under the mass of powerfist attacks. The trukk wont turn up 'til atleast turn two, so the railhead will sit around with nothing to see on turn one. Also, as the orks aren't as reliant on shooting, if dawn is rolled then the first turn will be truly wasted for the tau.

Oh, and before I forget: my vote goes to ORKS

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
tartarus said:
The trukk wont turn up 'til atleast turn two, so the railhead will sit around with nothing to see on turn one.
No targets for the railhead? I haven't seen an ork unit yet that can stand up to a submunitions shot, what with the fantastic range, AP and power they're practically designed to knock out Orks.

LoC

·
Registered
830 Posts
tartarus said:
The devilfish may be skimmers, but if two or more squad's nobs get into combat with them, they'll krumple under the mass of powerfist attacks.
you realize that they hit on six only. thats like 3 hits out of 12 and getting shot up the whole time

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Librarian Augustine said:
you realize that they hit on six only. thats like 3 hits out of 12 and getting shot up the whole time
2 hits out of 12. And arklite, you should read the info thread. Votes are tallied differently this votewar. No more, killing power and mission. Just who'd win the mission.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lordofchange said:
No targets for the railhead? I haven't seen an ork unit yet that can stand up to a submunitions shot, what with the fantastic range, AP and power they're practically designed to knock out Orks.

LoC
'tis a little thing known as... 'cover'. The orks can easily hop around out of the railheads LOS whilst still quickly closing on the tau lines. And, ofcourse, its no gaurantee that the railhead will turn up first turn (as with the other tau vehicles), basically giving the orks a turn to get into position behind aforementioned cover and such.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
hmm this is escalation, i hadent realised. However i think this favors the Orc player, hes strom boys get a turn or 2 or free movement, since only the crisis battle suit will start on the board. Everything else starts in reaserves. While the orc only has 3 things that wont start the game, the tau has at 9 things waiting to come in. I think this sharpy reduces the taus ability to keep the orks under control.

THe orcs only need 3 turns of moment to be inside the taus deployment zone. With so many units off the board, the orcs might just have enough shooty power to effect what ever is there. Most importantly though, is that the orcs as so close, this will prevent the tau from running circile around them.

Id just like to remind everyone that, that in recon the deployment zone is 15"

The orcs might be able to "hide" in CC with the kroot.

9 things in reasvers, 4 come the first turn, 3 things the second, 2 things the 4th, might be 2 late at that point for the tau.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.