Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Mission Level - Gamma

Special Rules - Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

The Shadows of the Autarch
Aliatoc Eldar

HQ - 119 Points

Farseer
+Shuriken Pistol
+Close Combat Weapon
+Mindwar

Farseer
+Shuriken Pistol
+Close Combat Weapon
+Mindwar
+Ghost Helm

Elite - 447 Points

9 Striking Scorpions
+Exarch
++Stealth
++Scorpion's Claw

5 Pathfinders

5 Pathfinders

Troops - 532 Points

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

4 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

3 Rangers

Fast Attack - 390 Points

2 Vypers
+Starcannons

2 Vypers
+Starcannons

2 Vypers
+Starcannons

Heavy Support - 360 Points

Wraithlord
+2x Flamers
+Bright lance

Wraithlord
+2x Flamers
+Bright lance

Wraithlord
+2x Flamers
+Bright lance

Tactics:
Ranger disruption rolls debilitate a huge portion of the non-mechanized part of the enemy army. After that, vypers and rangers and pathfinders blast the bits that haven't been put into reserves, while Wraithlord and Scorpions give them something to think about in close combat. Wraithlords deal with tanks on their way to cc, and possibly charge if it's needed. Against mechanized lists, the vypers instead annihilate the weaker enemy tanks. Infiltrate allows ideal placement for most units.

Fluff:
Oh yeah, fluff-wise, loosely the wraithlords contain the spirit stones of ancient Autarches. They've been in battle many times and along with their shadowy compatriots have become known as the shadows of the autarch.

----------------------

Kabal of the Crying Soul
Dark Eldar

HQ - 167
Archon (Khiraq Ah’hira, the Flayer)
+jetbike
+power weapon
+combat drugs
+T-helmet
+shadow field
+Plasma grenades

Troops - 627pts
10x dark eldar warriors - 100pts
+2 Dark Lances

10x dark eldar warriors - 100pts
+2 Dark Lances

6x Dark Eldar Warriors - 143pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
++Agoniser & Splinter Pistol
+Raider
++dark lance
++horrofex

7x Dark Eldar Warriors - 151pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

6x Dark Eldar Warriors - 141pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

Fast - 362pts
4x Reaver Jetbikes - 181pts
+Succubus on Jetbike
++Agoniser
++Tormentor Helm
+2 blasters

4x Reaver Jetbikes - 181pts
+Succubus on Jetbike
++Agoniser
++Tormentor Helm
+2 blasters

Elites - 338pts
7x Wyches - 200
+Succubbus
++Agoniser
+wych weapons
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

Warp beast pack – 63
+4x beasts
+Beastmaster

5x mandrakes - 75

Heavy Support - 345pts
Ravager - 120
+3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 120
+3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 105
+3 Dark Lances

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Dark Eldar

So much anti-tank shooting, those Wraithlords will crumble easily, and the De player will have a field day with all his Agonisers. Those Mandrakes are also *shock horror* useful for once, tying up Ranger squads from shooting. The Wyches will hold off the Scorpions for some time. The only thing I see holding out is the Vypers. Disruption rolls won't help greatly, just mean the DE arrive piecemeal, but I still see them winning this by a mile.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had much experience with using rangers and have had little sucess. Single shots will not have much use against 39 Warriors, 8 Reavers, 7 Wyches, 4 Beasts, 5 Mandrakes, HQ + 3 Ravagers.

DE also have 10 Darklances & 6 Disintegrators vs. 6 Vehicles + 3 Wraithlords.
DE also have the CC advantages with the Wyches (1st vs Scorpians).

Being a vertran Eldar player I hate to say it but:

Vote Dark Eldar

·
Registered
830 Posts
Despite the fact they will arrive in Peicemeal. The DE will still win. the could kill all the wraithlords in one turn. The dissies will blitzkreig the scorpians and rangers are no match for warp beasts, reavers or wyches

Vote Dark Eldar

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Teh scorpions are just not enough to save the eldar from the assault prowess of the DE. The DE are also more mobile, they can take big chunks out of the eldar and then zoom forward onto the objective during the last few turns.

I vote for DE.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cool. Eldar vs. Eldar.

The dark lances will kill the wraithlords, the transports then the scorpions will be shot up, and the rest will die to the cc of the DE. Most of the army will be neutralized. Plus, the warriors can dig in on the objective after its been cleared of scorpion. Not much can get them out after the scorps are dead.

1 vote for DE.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hmm... everything but the raiders and ravagers start disabled, essentially. The ravagers are down in turn 1, but that may not be enough. The raiders are right on the doorstep of the aliatoc on their first turn.

Aliatoc can finish off the foot warriors in they're next turn, but given that the vypers and wraithlords are busy with the ravagers, they aren't getting much help.

Archon would die to mind war and starting disabled. Then, the warriors and wyches arrive in cc vs. the battered (though I doubt dead) wraithlords, scorpions and the rangers.

In my oppinion, Aliatoc have a bit of an upper hand here, due to the numbers, and the fact that when anything is stuck out in the open, it'll get nailed by fire, and the agonizers will get mind warred away.

All in all, I vote for Aliatoc, though I could be swayed.

However, I'd like to point out one thing. The firepower in the raiders can't be utilized, since speed is essential and the foot warriors are pinned.

3 dark lances
2 hits
1 wound

6 disintigrators
4 hits
4/3 wounds

So really statistically, those wraithlords are pretty safe, it's the agonizers that'll be their problem.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Eldar

The Eldar player has enough starcannons/heavy stuff to bring down those Ravagers pretty early, and stop the raiders getting close. As soon as that happens, it seems unlikely that the Dark Eldar will get into combat. Even if the raiders get one turn of movement, they will probably get shot down turn 2 and then all the peeps inside will be pinned.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The Vypers are the only Eldar units that stand a chance of surviving to do dammage.

Bike and other agonizers as well as a number of Dark Lances will trounce the WL. If the Vypers do target Riaders/Ravagers with thier weapon, well they arent that effective.

The mandrakes will be pretty unstopable going through the rangers and even if Scorpions have the upper hand Wyches ought to at least be able to tie them up.

The DE list is mechanized and fast, 2 things Alaitoc wont like.

Dark Eldar

·
Tomb King
671 Posts
I vote Dark Eldar
Every single DE unit can charge 19+" (the lord can charge 24"). That combined with the Mandrakes (who can infiltrate and move 18" in 3 turns before revealing) I don't see the Farseers lasting past turn 3. So that's only 6 possible mindwars (provided they are in range). The Raider Gun boats can even move 12" and still shoot everything 24-36".

Even the loss of any 6 models to the DE won't impact them too greatly, the list has too many redundancies.

I would really like to see this match up played out irl, it looks intruiging plus has some great fast moving models (raiders, bikes and vypers). A Min/Max'd Eldar 3x Wraithlord Cheese list vs an only slightly less Min/Maxed 3x Ravager DE Cheese list! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.