Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules - Escalation,
Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Space Marines

Chapter Traits:
Advantages -
See but Don't Be Seen
Honour your Wargear

Disadvantages -
We stand alone
Flesh over Steel

HQ - 363
Librarian Codicier - 133 points
+Fear of the darkness
+Force Sword
+Terminator armour
+Storm Bolter

Terminator Command Squad - 230 points
4X Terminators
+Terminator Sergeant
+2 Assault cannons
+Drop pod

ELITES 504
6X Devastator Squad - 168 points
+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

TROOPS - 399
6X Tactical Squad - 133 points
+Plasma Gun
+Lascannon
+4 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+Plasma Gun
+Lascannon
+4 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+Plasma Gun
+Lascannon
+4 Bolters
+Infiltrate

HEAVY SUPPORT - 504

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

+3 Missile Launchers
+3 Bolters
+Infiltrate

Fast Attack - 80

Land Speeder Tornado 80 points
+Assault Cannon
+Heavy Bolter

--------------------------

93rd Memphis Heavy Infantry
Imperial Guard

Doctrines:
Iron Discipline
Stormtroopers

HQ - 96
Command Platoon
+Command Squad
++Colonel Gotro
+++Bolter
+++Iron Discipline
++Autocannon Team
++2 Plasma Gunners

Elites – 75
Stormtrooper Squad Himmler
+Seargeant Himmler
++Hellpistol, CCW
+4 Troopers
++2 Melta Gunners
+Deep Strike

TROOPS - 994
Infantry Platoon "Alpha"
+Command Squad
++Lieutenant Rogger
+++Iron Discipline
+++Bolter
++2 Grenade Launchers
++Heavy Bolter Team

+Infatry Squad
++Sergernt Higgins
+++Lasgun
++Plasma Gun
++Autocannon Team

+Infatry Squad
++Sergeant Jenkins
+++Lasgun
++Plasma Gun
++Autocannon Team

+Infatry Squad
++Sergeant Pinkerton
+++Lasgun
++Plasma Gun
++Autocannon Team

+Infatry Squad
++Sergeant Lucas
+++Lasgun
++Plasma Gun
++Autocannon Team

+Infatry Squad
++Sergeant Griffiths
+++Lasgun
++Plasma Gun
++Autocannon Team

Infantry Platoon "foxtrot"
+Command Squad
++Lieutenant Law
+++Bolter
+++Iron Discipline
++2 Grenade Launchers
++Heavy Bolter Team

+Infantry Squad
++Sergeant Gagnon
+++Lasgun
+Plasma Gun
++Missile Launcher

+Infantry Squad
++Sergeant Pavlovik
+++Lasgun
+Plasma Gun
++Missile Launcher

+Infantry Squad
++Sergeant McDonald
+++Lasgun
+Plasma Gun
++Missile Launcher

+Infantry Squad
++Sergeant Gillespe
+++Lasgun
+Plasma Gun
++Missile Launcher

+Infantry Squad
++Sergeant Brock
+++Lasgun
+Plasma Gun
++Missile Launcher

Fast Attack - 230
Hellhound "Infernus"

Hellhound "Cerebrus"

Heavy Support - 455
Leman Russ Battle Tank "Mortis Ordinatus"
+Hull Lascannon
+Sponson Heavy Bolters

Leman Russ Battle Tank "Malleus Imperius"
+Hull Lascannon
+Sponson Heavy Bolters

Basilisk "Invigulus"
+Indirect Fire

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Probably the hardest for me to decide on so far this round but my vote goes to...

Space Marines

This list CAN amazingly put a dent in IG firepower by shooting. Although it will be difficult to kill those Russes with mainly S8 (even in that amount), they don't have to. They just fire enough with the lascannons first to they are stunned, and then move onto something that is actually a thread. After the first turn, I don't see those IG firing much at all. The SM also get to deploy second, and choose their deployment positions relative to the guard. Basically the shooting will come down to lot's of SM frag templates versus lots of guard autocannon.

That Drop Pod unit is perfect for taking out IG lines. It's fast, deploys in their position and has Fear of the Darkness. With so many models, I don't see the IG player having any choice but to castle. And without any squad LD upgrades and being so tightly packed, if the SM player gets FOTD off only twice, it will decide the match.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Neither is a mobile army, but the gaurd have the basilisk and the 2 russes. Also every single squad has a plasma gun and a lascannon. What landspeeder? What terminators? The the rest of the marines are toast as if the gaurd spread out 2 inches the blasts won't be enough to win it. The ordenance will rip through those static marines.

Imperial Gaurd

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Wow. I was wondering if these 2 armies would get into it. If it was any other mission I'd vote for IG, they have better fire-power (in the form of ordinance). But since this is a CLEANSE mission, the infiltrate and drop pod units will spell doom for the IG. Because of the mission the marines have the advantage.

I vote SM.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree with Addoran here. The onyl way the IG would win is to dig in a shoot the mairnes to death. But with all those pods and stuff, the Sm will own the quarters. Plus if those termies get into cc, not much cans top em'.

1 vote for SM.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This battle is heavy with firepower. Both sides are dangerous, but the IG have far superior numbers and several ordanance.

I vote for IG

Also, the SM list is incredibly unfluffy, having that many devastators and so few troops (min-maxing anyone?) so I vote for IG for fluff

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Fear of the darkness, and a landspeeder, and that much firepower if you dont mind me saying, rapes IG.

Heres the run down, fear of the darkness effects everysquad withen a 12 Radios, 1/4 of the oponents deployment zone. Generally IG infantry is placed withen 12" of there commander, so as to make sure they stay on the board, at 7LD this is important. Iron disaplin will help, but not enough.

Drop pods cannot be destoryed by the enemy, or in another other way, other then running off the board. The libararian needs only pod withen the most troop heavy area of the map, and with 24 inches of the command section, extreamily easy to do.

If the 3 infiltrating plasma cannons teams shot the IG command squad, plus the termintors, plus the land speeder tornaods, this is WAY more firepower then would actually be need to elimitate that squad. But dont feel like doing the math.

Anyway, without the command IG are LD 7, when fear of the darkness is popped off, they are leader ship 5, The vast magoriety will fail this, and match close 2, or off the board, with a good dice scatter roll, the termintors (or the landspeeder, although i didnt deep strike) could stay withen 6" and force the IG back for yet another turn. That basically takes care of the infantry. And yes i have done this many times, and it has never failed. After that, the termintors and that many rockets wont have any trouble destorying the tanks of the IG.

Victorious slaughter to space marines.

As for space marine fluff, the only fluff for marines is to be the best of the best of the best. The more powergamish your army, the truer to fluff you are. For that is the fluff of marines.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Imperial Guard

The simple fact is that there are so many missile launchers and plasma guns in that army that they're going to be killing 10 marines a turn JUST from them. The tanks will take their toll, and it appears to me that there is a high chance of the marines missile launchers bouncing off the Armour 14 of the Russes. The Terminators are a waste of time as they will get chewed up by plasma, and everything else won't be able to kill guard efficiently enough to make any real dent.

This vote seems pretty close, so I vote Guard for fluff, too.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I vote for Space marines
The Sheer amount of frag launchers that will decimate infantry, the russ and bassies can get destroyed by infiltrate. why? because if the squads can get within 36", they can ignore the indirect fire. and if they can then force the bassies out if they want to shoot. they can then destroy them easily.

·
1,350 Posts
if the squads can get within 36", they can ignore the indirect fire
Except the Bassie can fire directly if you come within 36", and the Russes don't fire that anyway. Also, if you DO infiltrate, that just takes you closer to the plasma guns.

And frag rockets are actually pretty crap at killing guardsmen. wounding on 3s and they still get a 5+ save. only if he's stupid enough to take close order drill will anything bad happen.

·
1,350 Posts
True.

But the fact still remains that the missile launchers have to take out a bassie, 2 russes, and 10 squads of infantry.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Lascannons are also good at destroying russes
this list has 3. they can take care of them whilst the squads of mls fire frags at infantry. remember, that in tournaments, 25% of the board has terrain, so it will be hard for the russes to draw los to each small infiltrating marine squad.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
IG

Of course I am presuming that the 1 LST will not destroy the entire IG army as Forged predicts. I may be wrong about that 4 IG a turn killing machine though.

Lascannon are OK at killing Russ, 3 of them means 2 hits and a glance/penetrate 2/3 of the time. Thats not brilliant. They may get some stunned but the mobile Russ' are returning fire with squad killing firepower.

That is alot of Plasma toting IG. If the command squad isnt dead then FoTD isnt going to be that effective and in any case it will be a while before the pod arrives. If any IG squads survive or fall back near them then theyre going to be eating plasma.

Frag missiles are awful against even IG infantry and Kraking Tanks doesnt work so well.

Plus I love the backgroud for the SM, whatever force is least likely to be found in the 40th millenium. Ig for fluff, though I doubt it makes a hash of differance.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Space Marines

Why? Well, there's fear of the darkness, that's an easy 300-500 pts of IG gone there, 3 lascannons and 18 Missile launchers are more than enough for tanks, and after the tanks are taken care of, the IG army has to get within 12" to be really effective with their plasmaguns, otherwise the frag missiles will still do better at killing the IG than the IG lascannons and MLs will at killing SM.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Wings of Doom said:
IG

Of course I am presuming that the 1 LST will not destroy the entire IG army as Forged predicts. I may be wrong about that 4 IG a turn killing machine though.

Lascannon are OK at killing Russ, 3 of them means 2 hits and a glance/penetrate 2/3 of the time. Thats not brilliant. They may get some stunned but the mobile Russ' are returning fire with squad killing firepower.

That is alot of Plasma toting IG. If the command squad isnt dead then FoTD isnt going to be that effective and in any case it will be a while before the pod arrives. If any IG squads survive or fall back near them then theyre going to be eating plasma.

Frag missiles are awful against even IG infantry and Kraking Tanks doesnt work so well.

Plus I love the backgroud for the SM, whatever force is least likely to be found in the 40th millenium. Ig for fluff, though I doubt it makes a hash of differance.
The LST isnt the ig destroyer. its the FOTD drop pod with librarian and termie command squad. Every thing within 12" of that librarian when he arrives (note the drop pod allows him to get right into there lines without harm) will be taking a Morale check at -2. if they fail they fall back. And knowing ig, they will be very close to the table edge, and once a squad touches the table edge, just a member, that squad leaves the battle, as it says on Page 49 of the BGB, under the heading Leaving the Battle
Thats alot of guardsman that iwll be couting as casulties.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Fear of the darkness does the damage, the 3 assault cannons from the terminators/landspeeder merly instant death the surviving HQ if there is one. Honestly, if you actually read my post, and understand that rolling moral on 5+ is horrible odds, then you should come to the logical conclution that, that many MLS can and lascannons are more then a match for 3 big tanks.

7 of 12 IG gaurd squads are destoryed the turn Fear of the darkness is popped off, summing the commander of the IG army places his squads as 97% of IG commanders do, at 12" away from his command section. And another if you include the command section.

Generally the pod will arrive by turn 2, by this time, the command section has taken heavy fire, i guess i need to spell it out for some of you:

IG 5+ save, every weapon in this space marine army has the capablity to peice that armour.
however, lets be honest, IG player isnt stupid, the command section will be in cover: 5+ saves:
2 tactical squad fires at the IG command section: 8 bolters score 6 hits, 4 wounds, plsmsa cannon scores a 1 hits, causing 1+ wounds, call it one, plasma gun gets 1 hit, Now thats 6 wounds, on 5+ save, 4 dead.

LST: 3 hits, 3 wounds, 2 dead, with assault cannon, 1 more from heavy bolter. So, 7 dead of a possible 10.

A termintator squad, gets 8 assault cannon shots + 4 strom bolter shots on the IG command section:
8 assault cannons hit score 6 hits, and 5 wounds. 4 strom bolters score 2 hits, and 2 wounds. (i rounded down for hits, up for wounds) Lets be honest, IG player isnt stupid, the command section will be in cover: 5+ saves: 5 dead.
However, the strom bolter is only confusing, lets predent its not fired at all:
5 wounds, rolled on 5+ scores 3 wounds, 2 on infantry, 1 on HQ, 6S to 3T good bye HQ.

Hello fear of the darkness, and good bye 7 of 12 imperial gaurd infantry squads. Even if those pod takes an extra turn to arrive, 7 infantry squads in a single turn and its over for IG. And the turn after that, basically the rest will also fall back.

IG have no chance.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hmm tricky. . . All things considered without fear of the dark, I would have to give a solid victory to the guard. While the marnies have plenty of fire power to handle the tanks, while doing so, the guard will have the firepower to cut into the marine numbers. And I give the infantry stand and shoot fight that later turns would consist of to the guard army.

BUT fear of the dark throws a monkey wrench into things. . .And it's being used quite effectivly in this list. With this I see the space marine player rolling a big die here, how much of a gamble depending on how greedy he is on the spook attempt. A few bad rolls, and he looses 1/4 of his points in one bad turn of luck, with little to no compensation. A few good rolls could win the game for him in one turn.

Average payoff, however gives the Space Marine player the WIN.

On the other hand this list is what some might call cheese, I give the Imperial Guard for the FLUFF due to questionable sportsmanship on the part of the marine player.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Joramagi, i'll point out that There in a drop pod. ergo you cant drop on impassable terrain/enemy units and be destroyed, nor scatter off the board.
Ergo the SM player can get nice and deep into the guard lines, utilising it to the Maximum
effect.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
JORMAGI said:
On the other hand this list is what some might call cheese, I give the Imperial Guard for the FLUFF due to questionable sportsmanship on the part of the marine player.
Sportsmanship? What on earth are you talking about?

I have a list very much alike the SM one, and about sportsmanship, this is a votewar, which is purely a competition to put up the most effective list.

Anyway, just my two cents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.