Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to warhammer and I have fallen in love with the Lizardmen. A group of my friends have been playing this game for years now and I have a game vs the dwarfs coming up this weekend. Since I am new he is allowing me any terrain I want.

So what I am looking for is some help:

What would you spend your points on(2500)?

What Terran would you use, and how would you use it?

Was planning on going (Metal) with my slann but if you have a better option let me know.

Also any deployment tips/tricks would be awesome..

Thanks for all your help guys, I plan on only playing Lizardmen so you will see me around.

·
4,361 Posts
For terrain, put some forests on the flanks to give your peripheral units some protection from thunderers and quarrelers. Maybe a building to hide something behind. Other than that, no hills, and get across the board as soon as possible.

I think metal is a bad choice vs. dwarves. You are worried about his warmachines, not his combat troops. I would suggest either shadow, death, light, or even heavens. Of course, this begs the question, do you even want a slann. With the number of dispel dice that a dwarf army can generate, I would consider just running an oldblood.

Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
415 Posts
And get yourself a nice river :p since skinks are water feature strider they are even better when there is a river on the table ;)

I wouldnt take a slann, dwarfs have a neck for dispelling eveything you cast at them. An oldblood is the better way to go, more damage when you get across! Take some strong blocks of infantry, some skink skirmishers to take out nasty lone characters, mosters or war machines. Maybe deploy some chameleons, with those you can shoot up a war machine on turn 1! And march across the table.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts