Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I played a 400 point game against an Eldar player not to long ago and was wondering how cheese it was if it was. It was along the lines of:

6 Swooping Hawks
+ Exarch with Web of Skulls (?)

3 Vipers with Starcannon each

1 Wraithlord with Star Cannon

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you are playing the 400pts rules . I think it is no model with 2 wounds so the wraithlord and his exarch if it has 2 wounds(not sure if it does) can not be used.
bonekrusher

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
redone said:
Hi guys,

I played a 400 point game against an Eldar player not to long ago and was wondering how cheese it was if it was. It was along the lines of:

6 Swooping Hawks
+ Exarch with Web of Skulls (?)

3 Vipers with Starcannon each

1 Wraithlord with Star Cannon

Thanks for your input.
As said, if you were playing with Combat Patroll rules (which it looks like you did), the Wraithlord is illegal. No models with more than 2 wounds may be fielded, and the Wraithlord has three.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
MiketehFox said:
Plus, unless he was playing a special craftworld, you need to have 1 troop choice.

Mike
With this list, I believe he could be playing either Saim-Hann (Vypers as Troops) or Biel-Tan... I can't recall if Swooping Hawks count as Troops, like most of the other Aspects, though.

I suggest looking over the Combat Patrol rules with this Eldar player, and making sure he knows the rules.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Yeah, never play such small games unless it's going to be using the Combat Patrol rules. Otherwise, many armies can simply be far too unbalanced. Normal 40k games are best played with at least 1000 points per army.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah besides that, he wasn't really playing in the spirit of the rules either. I personally don't think anything is cheesy, but that army list of your opponent's seems to made only in an effort to win. Just in my circle of players, we don't take any game that small too seriously. Those are much more fun when you get into the small amount of models and all that. Besides I doubt a Wraithlord would be bothered to "patrol", LOL.

Yeah as mentioned above, next time make sure all those rules are being followed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts