Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A legend in my own mind.
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you handle ogres? What units/ greater daemons work best and what gifts, tactics etc work on them.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Ogres should really go down easy. Take flesh hounds to outflank and rip them apart with a greater daemon - their severe lack of static combat res plays right into the daemons' hands.

·
resident iconoclast
791 Posts
Ogres are probably the worst army in Fantasy right now, and Daemons are probably the best. Virtually any Daemons army should be able to wipe the field with virtually any ogres army.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have never fought Ogres yet, but I can picture mass bloodletters just swamping them over. With WS 5 and Str 5, you should have no problem herting them, and on top of that, Killing Blow takes care of the advantage ogres rely on, their 3 wounds. I would also think that Heralds Of Khorne of foot would do good for once with their locus power. Skull Taker in a Chariot sounds like a good idea to me (I have never bothered putting him in the chariot becuase of its 150 pt cost.)

I would leave the daemonettes home for this (unless they are using mass gnoblars.)

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
I have never fought Ogres yet, but I can picture mass bloodletters just swamping them over. With WS 5 and Str 5, you should have no problem herting them, and on top of that, Killing Blow takes care of the advantage ogres rely on, their 3 wounds.
You'll probably want to go and reread the rules for Killing Blow.

Because you're wrong.

Reactions: swntzu

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
I think Kich had it right when he said "Just don't fall asleep for 6 turns and you'll win."

Seriously though, daemons have such a huge advantage in this match that it's not even funny.

You really shouldn't have to resort to skulltaker (any variant), kairos or any of those super broken things. I'd suggest using games like this to test really unusual stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.