Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am not sure with my Elite choices and Heavy Support choices against Orks. Could you also help me with some tactics against the Greenskins, I am used to being the swarm and I am not used to playing against a swarm. I was thinking:
ELITES
-(3) Zoanthrope Brood
-(2) Lictors
-???
HEAVY SUPPORT
-Trygon Prime
-Biovore Brood???
-Carnifex Brood

Any and all help I would much appreciate.
Thanks,
The Warlord

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Well for a start, your elites are going to be borderline useless. Using zoanthropes to kill ork vehicles is incredibly overkill, the extra shots from hive guard will do the same job, better. Lictors dont have enough damage output to make a difference against orks.

Biovores will be quite effective, but if you take them, make sure you have 6 hive guard, to get the orks out of what vehiclkes they may have. Trygon will be useful against the more elite units, but the amount of hidden PK's will kill him far too quickly. Carnifexs would prove useful, provided you kit them out with 2 TL devourers.

But theres not a lot of advice to give, because you havnt told us the list your facing. If your going to build your list specfically to counter one opponent, then you at least need to post up what your up against.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would say Hive Guard, they would be able to deal with pretty much every vehicle the orks could whip out with the exception of the battlewagon

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
If you're building an anti-horde list -- like an anti-Ork list packed with Boyz, for example -- you want venomthropes and pyrovores for your Elites. Venomthropes will reduce the potency of Ork assaults and give you excellent offense against things like Nobs in Mega Armour. (Really, all poison is going to help you.) Pyrovores are pure anti-horde, so this is one of those rare times they come in extremely handly.

Don't bother with any anti-armour for your Elites. You can get plenty in other force org slots.

Take TL HVC harpies for your Fast Attack.

Put devourers (and possibly HVCs as well) on your Tyrant(s) and Carnifexes. More than enough shooting for your typical Ork list.

·
Registered
370 Posts
played too many times vs orks- at least 6 hive guards, doom can work pretty well, heavy trygon is very good also vs large squads of boyz.
most importent is using lots'a terma in two ways:
1) bare with tervigon- assault that really hurt
2) devilgaunts - dev and keep them 14"-18" away from the boyz, you are more affective at shooting and he's wayy less affective that way.
warrior squad(s) of 4-5 with spitter and barbed are a killing blow. hiding a Prime(with dual bone and spitter) inside will make sure you can slay the boss n' stuff at CC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts