Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted vulkan the colours of my made up Chapter the Warp Masters. I thought it was appropriate because they are based off the Salamanders and use roughly the same symbols. I painted his cloak in my own Tyranid army's colours. I wanted the cloak to look more like it was ripped off something because GW's cloak makes Vulcan look like more of a prince then a warrior. The metal was also an experiment and i think it turned out pretty good. I put a few glazes on the tip of the spear to make look more power weapony.

The fire is my least favorite thing and it is an accquired technique. I tried to use a technique from the Games workshop mastercrafted Skulltaker but it was really hard to get it right.

Enjoy, please comment!

And a custom WarpMaster Lysander is currently in production!

BTW- Sorry about my terrible photography I'm still figuring out how to use my camera! I suggest the FOURTH picture will give you the best impression of the model!!

Photography tips are also welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I first basecoated the cloak with a mix of red gore and chaos black, then i drybrushed the scales mithril silver and red gore, Blazing orange and blood red/mithril silver. After that i washed the entire cloak with a blood red/ chaos black mix and filled in the parts of the cloak that were not covered by scales wiith a darkened tanned flesh. I then went to drybrush the scales once more with sunburst yellow and highlight them individually (took a long time) with bronzed flesh. I then highlighted the skin of the cloak with tanned flesh, tanned flesh and bleach bone and finally a glaze of tanned flesh.

Anybody else have any questions or criticism?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts