Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MAP: http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/...otewar Maps/08_empire_plains.jpg?t=1243929793

The Paint Monkey (ARMY 2):

Black Orc Warbos 145
‘eavy Armour 6
Martog’s Best Basher 15
Collar of Zorga 5
Best Boss ‘at 30

Goblin Big Boss 35
BSB 50
Big Red Raggedy Banner 50
Light Armour 2

Night Goblin Shaman 50 SPELLS: Brain Bursta
2 x Dispel Scroll 50
Night Goblin Shaman 50 SPELLS: Gork'll Fix It
Dispel Scroll 25
Staff o’ Sneaky Stealing 25

CORE

30 Goblins w/shields 120
Full command 20

30 Goblins w/shields 120
Full command 20

30 Goblins w/shields 120
Full command 20

30 Goblins w/shields 120
Full command 20

20 Night Goblins w/bows 60
Musician 4
Fanatic 25
Musician 4
Fanatic 25
Musician 4
Fanatic 25

5 x Spider Riders 65
Musician 6

5 x Spider Riders 65
Musician 6
5 x Spider Riders 65
Musician 6

SPECIAL

4 x Squig Herd 120

4 x Spear Chukka 140

RARE

4 x Snotling Pumpwagon 160

Send the spiders up the right flank, through the trees. Send the gobbo blocks up the right too, flanked by the trees on one side and the squigs on the left. The Gobbos will be in two waves one set of blocks behind the other. Send the arrow boys in first- fire a few shots, block his fast guys and trigger any of those fanatics that the spiders have missed.

Use my own bolt-throwers to stop his fast guys triggering my own fanatics, then target the units of orc boyz.

Send the 4 pump-wagons up the extreme left, forcing him to divert his own response or risk 4 chariots rolling across his back line. If there's 4 of them, 1 will roll well.

Use the BO Warboss in one unit to kill lots of stuff and keep a good Ld. Have the bSB in the unit behind to maximise the number of Panic re-rolls I'll get. Miss no opportunity to kill his BSB and general.

TripleJ7007 (ARMY 1):

Lord
Orc Warboss
Light Armor
Biggeds Kicken Boots
Warboss Ummms Best Boss Hat
Martogs Best Basha
198 pts

Heroes
Night Goblin Big Boss
BSB
Light Armor
Rowdy Grotts Big Red Raggedy Banner
107 pts

Night Goblin Shaman SPELLS: Mork Wants Ya!
Dispel Scroll x2
100 pts

Orc Shaman SPELLS: Gaze of Mork, Waaagh!
Idol of Mork
Level 2
150 pts

Core Units
Orc Arrer Boyz x10
Musician
65 pts

Orc Arrer Boyz x10
Musician
65 pts

Night Goblins x 25
Nets
Spears x 25
Fanatic x 2
Musician
189 pts

Night Goblins x 25
Nets
Spears x 25
Fanatic x 2
Musician
189 pts

Orc Boyz x25
Spears x 25
Shields x 25
Musician
Standard Bearer
190 pts

Orc Boyz x25
Additional Choppa x 25
Big Uns x 25
Standard Bearer
Gorks Waaaaghh Banner
Musician
315 points

Orc Boyz x 25
Shields x 25
Standard Bearer
Musician
165 points

Goblin Wolf Riders x 10
Short Bows x10
Standard Banner
Musician
Wolf Rider Boss
148 pts

Special Units
Night Goblin Squig Hoppers x10
150 points

150 points

150 points

Rare Units
Goblin Doom Diver
80 points

Goblin Doom Diver
80 points

Total Points - 2500
Total Power Dice-5
Dispel Dice -4, also 2 Dispel Scrolls

[Doom Diver] [Doom Diver]
[Arrer Boys ] [Arrer Boys] [Night Goblin Shaman]
Orc Spear [Orc Shield] [Night Goblin BB] Orc 2 Choppa
w/ Shaman w/ OrcWarboss
[Wolf Riders] [Night Goblin] [ Night Goblin] [Squig Hopper][ Squig Hopper][ Squig Hopper]

Colors just mean unit has Chars in it, not the prettiest but hopefully most can understand my deployment.
Goblins screen the orcs, Wolf riders go Spear Chukka hunting. Squig hopper just cause enough havoc to get my boys into da fight.Doom divers thinning the ranks hopefully.I also plan to sacrifice 20 stunies to Gork and Mork so his animosity tests suck and mine kick ass.

VOTING WILL CLOSE 48 HOURS AFTER THIS POST

Regards,

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Wow, this is an interesting matchup, considering how similar the armies are.

I've played a bit of Orcs/Goblins in my time, and I believe the whole match will come down to the Squig hoppers. What will happen when the hoppers & wolf riders run into the pump wagons and spider riders? It's a little difficult to say, considering that a lot of the movement will be decided by chance.

However, one thing is clear to me: I don't think Paint Monkey is going to be able to shoot them all to death as he suggests. They're immune to panic, and they aren't ranked, so the spear chukkas aren't going to be as useful, and normal shooting is going to be -1 to hit, since they're skirmishers. Perhaps if the spider riders had bows, like TripleJ7007's wolf riders do, they'd stand more of a chance.

No, it's going to be settled in close combat, and in that case, I have to give the overall edge to TripleJ7007, who I believe will successfully get the charge before paint monkey does, and go on to win the match from there. When it's gobbos versus orcs, the gobbos need superior firepower to win, and in this match, I don't believe they have enough shootiness to win the day.

·
Registered
530 Posts
This is a very nice matchup indeed. From my perspective it all comes down to who wins the first wave of attacks. The nightgoblin bows of Monkey or the nightgoblin spears of Triple. Even though Monkey might lose to the spears his flanks are so much stronger (wagons on one side, spiders on the other) than Triples wolves, and that might tip the favor of the fight. At any rate - a pretty even matchup, but my vote goes to The Paint Monkey for the better written tactics.

- Tash

·
Registered
109 Posts
i think TripleJ7007, as I think both armies magics will cancel out, and I think doom divers will be more useful than spear-chuckas. Although it will be close, I think orcs are likely to beat gobbos in combat, and the squig-hoppers could be nasty.

·
PokeSavant
539 Posts
I think honestly I agree with Psychotic Vampire here. Doom Divers are going to be loads more effective here. TripleJ7007

·
It's what's for dinner
1,284 Posts
I also agree with PsychoticVampre's stance. a lot of these two armies really cancel each other out, and when it ocmes time, the orcs should be beating the goblins in combat. The pump wagons could be a serious prbolem, but unless I here a strong enough conter-argument I'm going with TripleJ7007.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
With everything else being the same, once the orcs/night goblins get into combat, they will most definitely prevail. TripleJ7007 Wins a crushing victory.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well its true that the Orcs probably will prove the better fighters in close combat, but arent you guys forgetting the massively flank opportunities fielded by Monkey, i mean: 4 pump wagons and 4 groups of spiders. TripleJ might have Squicks and the harder Orcs, but a flankattack is in my oppinion inevitable - and when these orcs gets attacked in the front and the flank they'll run for sure. Monkey might be facing a tougher opponent, but he'll win by Combat Resolution.
You still have 36hours to chance that vote..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im with the consensus that the orcs will win the combats. Also the spear chukka's really dont have any proper targets. TripleJ7007

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not one to beat the Monkey so I'll sadly give TripleJ7007 the win only because, well the snot-ling pump wagons make me happy(yes i know there not in his list but well, that's the reason he gets the win), i think there awesome stubbornness can hold the day, but in reality i like the monkeys tactics a little bit more and his not have 500pts is just a cunning trap to get his opponent to self confident.

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
I'm not one to beat the Monkey so I'll sadly give TripleJ7007 the win only because, well the snot-ling pump wagons make me happy(yes i know there not in his list but well, that's the reason he gets the win), i think there awesome stubbornness can hold the day, but in reality i like the monkeys tactics a little bit more and his not have 500pts is just a cunning trap to get his opponent to self confident.
Thanks! Wait... whose side are you on? I'm confused.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.