Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Schoolboy
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, finally the time has come for me to post another one of my models - in this case, the ork warboss from the Black Reach set. Unfortunately Minus T just posted another one of his beauts, so mine ends up hurting the eye more than pleasing it :tremble:

Anyways, this is going to be my signature model for my new commission site (see sig) and so i saw this model to be the most fit. Anyways, c&c GREATLY appreciated and thanks for looking!

Oh a few things; the model has yet to be matt varnished, I havn't done the freehand on the banner yet, the gun arm needs fixing, and there a few touch ups needed, but i really wanted to get the model on the site ;)

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
Looks Beautiful my man. I did notice the gun arm looks strangely attached though, but you said you were going to fix that. Kudos to you Sir!

·
1,053 Posts
very nice and great work on the base to. all in all very good. rep for you.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
I think he looks really nice.
As you say the gun arm could do with some repairs, but you have a good strong yellow going on, and the skin tone is nice. I especially like the top muscles on the gun arm shoulder, some nice definition added to the flat sculpt (and ditto on the trousers and belt buckle face).

I think the thing that I'd like to see improved most is the back banner, the yellow on it is just too flat for my liking.
It could really do with some of the teeth being painted a different colour, or some wear and tear added, I think. Did you see the Warboss Darren Latham painted in WD351? It is very nice indeed, and has some good tips about battle damage etc in there.

Overall, very nice.

-t.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I agree with Mr T there, FOO'! He looks good, the muscle definition is great and overall he looks good but the yellow lacks the depth of the rest of him. I think you need to reshade the back banner and then that, his claw and shoulder pad need some damaging.

Kuffy

·
The Schoolboy
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
hmmm I'd say about 14 hours? The skin took about 8-9 different shades, where the leather took about the same. Also the black took about 6 shades, which is funny since it's hardly noticable in the pictures

anyways, thanks for the comments guys, they're really appreciated. I'll work on the wear n' tear of the model and try and fix the arm. I'll get more pics up when things have been touched up

·
Registered
395 Posts
I like the skin the most - 8 to 9 shades? wow!

-Darksun

·
The Schoolboy
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, it was very time consuming but I like how it turned out....I roughly followed the Warboss article that Minus T mentioned that was in a white dwarf not too long back for the colors too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts