Librarium Online Forums banner

Do you agree with the decision that the War on IRAQ without the 3rd Resoultion is justified?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided/Don't Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: Dear Fellow Forum Members :lol:

My country has commited some troops to war on Iraq, even though more than 50% of the population don't agree with the decision.

I was wondering what people in this forum think on this issue?

I belive it would be quite interesting as there are many Americans, Scandavians and European members in this forum

Just wanted to get the ball rolling... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All this "Coalition of the Willing" nonsense. War would'nt change a thing, it would just give reason for people who believe in certain religions to target those countries with terrorist attacks who take part in the war.
One only has to look back in history to see that war is only a short term soultion.. nothing has or ever will be solved by war. It only brings death and destruction....
BTW there are huge protests here.. what about where ur from?

·
Registered
0 Posts
i dont think that the actual war on iraq is justified but this:

"One only has to look back in history to see that war is only a short term soultion.. nothing has or ever will be solved by war."

is simply not true you just have to look back 60 years in europes history to see that there are problems which have to be solved by force...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think that the actual war on iraq is justified but this:

"One only has to look back in history to see that war is only a short term soultion.. nothing has or ever will be solved by war."

is simply not true you just have to look back 60 years in europes history to see that there are problems which have to be solved by force...
Solved but not permanently . Look at the Balklands for example....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doesnt mean its right though.... UN inspector dudes had barely a month after they went back in...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
quote:"You can't change it, no one can. It's been a way of life for over 2000 years. It will never stop."

Doesnt mean its right though...bit sad how people still have to kill each other even after 2000 years have past. I bet you that terrorist attacks will rise because of this war. as people in other parts of the world will see Iraqi soldiers as Martys. Also sad how the world spends so much on military (that one day of military spending's money can feed the 3rd world for a year)

·
Registered
0 Posts
"Solved but not permanently . Look at the Balklands for example.... "
i meant WWII

"War solves alot of things. You can't change it, no one can. It's been a way of life for over 2000 years. It will never stop. "
thats cheap and rather a quote for 40k than a solution for reality

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I used to be against it. I was in a lot of anti-war demos but I have come to the conclusion that it is better to get rid of Saddam now than after he kills a bunch of people in for example Israel or even Iraq (which he has already done).

You can't just turn the other cheek and hope that the Iraqi people get rid of him. They have tried and they have failed.

I don't care much for George Bush at all but I think this war is the right thing.

As for war 'never solving anything' I have to say that that is the most naive thing I have ever heard! Imagine what the world would be like if the British hadn't declared war on Germany in 1939!
Imagine if they had just said: 'Let's just leave him alone and let the German people get rid of him on their own!'

War is simply an expansion of politics with other tools.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know about war being justified without the 3rd Resolution (I don't remember what it is, or remember if I know it at all :) ), but I am against the war against Iraq.

I just don't think that it is our (America's) duty to keep the peace for the rest of the world. I would probably say that every country has done awful things in their past (even/especially the US). Its just that Saddam is the leader of his country, and we have no right to say how he should run it.

I may be wrong, but I also think that Bush is trying to patch up our economy by going to war with Iraq. It has happened before... Vietnam, US involvement in WW2... Bush is a Republican, and Republican Politicans watch out for Big Business. He has claimed to try to avert war, but he has done nothing but rattle the sabre, and make peace difficult.

They are trying to build weapons of mass destruction, and we don't want them to. By what authority can we tell them not to? We've had WMD for 58 years. If Saddam called tomorrow and told Bush to leave the country and disarm, would he?

That's just my opinion... let me know if I'm crazy/stupid/misinformed or something.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does that mean that I should say nothing about it? That I should just accept this wrong war, and any unjust war our president drags the world in to? Its better to say that I am opposed to it. The United States government is supposed to rule for the people, and if the people are opposed to war, he has to (at least he should... :) ) take that in to consideration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No, the war is right and just. In this case you do not want a militant lunatic with WMD. History has proven that he is a murderous megalomanic. What I'm afraid of is that we are gone pull out before we are done due to the fact that the war may be unpopular around the world. War is not the best solution most of the time, it's trully the most grizzly horid solution possible. I this case it's the only one. I completly support the war but our C&C is the village idiot.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Then why is George Bush allowed to have Nuclear Weapons?

He's a not a militant lunatic... but he is pretty dumb :)

Why is the United States allowed to dominate the world with our WMDs, yet any country who tries to join the Nuclear Bomb club must be disarmed?

·
Registered
664 Posts
i myself am in the United states military, more so, the United States Air force (The reason Iraq had no power in the first 48 hours of the attack in Operation: desert storm). I myself think its justified to attack them. The last thing that Saddam needs is nuclear weapons. He tested out his chem weapons on his own ppl. I dont know about you but i think that classifies somebody as a card carrying psychopath.

Not to mention the fact that he supports terrorism (i had family in the world trade center when those self-righteous [email protected]#$s decided to blow it up. If saddam gets a hold of nukes, well since America is literally the devil to him and his whole religion, there wont really be much of the world left after he tries to nuke us, then we nuke him and everyone else we hate, etc etc etc. Btw my dad was a missileer in the USAF, and he controlled 10/100 of the most powerful missiles in the world "The Peacekeeper" and one of those could take out russia and then some, so trust me, there wont be much left.

Well just an americanized thought to the war :wink:

·
Registered
290 Posts
My 2 cents:

First off, i love how there are all these people protesting the decidsions of their own government about the war. Doesn't any one else think its ironic that a side issue happens to be the fact that if your in Iraq and you protest your own government you tend to disappear in the night or something? So go ahead and protest against the war, but ask yourself this, who CAN protest saddam openly in Iraq? Be thankful you can protest, and then don't abuse the privelage.

Second, about the poll's title, since when did ANYONE need PERMISSION from the UN to go to war??? From my understanding of things the only reason the US brought it up to the UN to get an international effort, to show solidarity in the worldwide fight for peace/freedom/whatever it is we're fighting for. As a friend of mine pointed out to me the UN can never pass a resolution banning the US from going to war, BECAUSE the US would veto it!!

Honestly, who has ever asked the UN for permision to go to war...

Sadly i am kind of ambivelent towards the reasons for war, I support it on the general level that alot of people tend to support something once troops have been commited. I think its kind of moot to protest it now that it has started. Why not direct your energies towards something else like making sure that the post war Iraq is niether dominated by Bush's old oil pals or that france and turkey and the kurds don't get in a fit over reconstruction oil rights and pre-war agreements

Please, if i am mistaken or have made incorrect assumptions some one point them out to me.

Edit[
btw: I saw on the daily show (a comedy spoof/satire of news shows that shows the news in a 'twisted' light) that apparently a contract had been given out by the military to the company that the Vice-pres used to run that lets them repair/reconstruct the damaged oil infrastruceture. Any thoughts/comments/clarifications on that?
]

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.