Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple Question Can A Warboss Have A Power Klaw And The Heavy Chopper Thing. If Im Correct It Does Say That He May Replace His Chopper With A Power Klaw Or Heavy Chopper. But I Want Him To Have Both Is This Legal0:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
No.

The entry very clearly says "or", so you may only take one "or" the other. Not both.

:?
As an aside, what do you hope to accomplish with both? The warboss obviously can't use both weapons at the same time. You would have to choose between I4 S7 attacks, or I1 S10 attacks that ignore armor. Plus the big choppa is two-handed; he would lose the extra CC weapon attack.

Now if you just want to model your boss that way, that's all fine and dandy. It would probably look pretty cool.8Y

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He Would Use Different Weapons Depending On Who He Was Fighting. On The Charge W/out Pclaw He Could Have A Str 8 Attack On A Wraith Lord, And Possibly Take Somthing Like That Down Without The Risk Of Being Killed B4 He Uses A Pk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Please don't use capital for every word. Hurts my eyes. Also it's choppa not chopper, and since you replace your choppa with either a power klaw or big choppa you can't have both.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Indeed

You can't double up close combat weapons, as its already been stated, and the only exception in the ork army I remember is Mad Doc Grotznik, who has both a powerklaw and an urty syringe . You can use the powerklaw for the high strength no save attacks, or the syringe to wound on 4+, but in practice, I've rarely used the syringe, unless fighting opponents with low armor saves or very low initiative (basically IG or other Orks).

Always go with the powerklaw. The big choppa will only break your heart. As for the gun, I personally like the flamer/shoota combo.

Of course, the best option as I see it, is to put the warboss on a bike as well. That, or replace him with Ghazghkull, or the Mad Doc. A regular warboss on foot isn't going to do much damage. If I was simply filling an HQ spot for cheap, I'd do a big mek with SAG instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.