Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I`m not sure where I should put this; I guessed here seeing as this is the Rules section.
I wanted to share with you an idea I came up with for a Warhammer 40k Minefield. I`ve written up the rules for it:

Minefields are constructed on a 3� by 4� base (this may vary). They are made from a varying array of materials. If a squad of Infantry (excluding Skimmers and units that have the Hover special rule) wishes to move through a Minefield, they must move through as if taking a Difficult Terrain test. Once the whole squad has finished moving into the Minefield, roll a D6. On a roll of 1, a member of the squad trips a mine. If this happens, place a Small Blast template on a single model in the Minefield. Any unit under the outside of the template takes a hit with a S5 AP4 hit. Note that the model gets a S8 hit with no saves possible. If, by chance, a Skimmer’s base is under the template, it is hit on a 6 with a S3 AP- attack from the shrapnel and debris of the blast. If a unit has survived the initial detonations and is totally inside the minefield, they may remain stationary and shoot without having to take this test. However, a unit assaulting a unit inside the field must take this, and both units in Close Combat must take it for each combat round after that. Units consolidating must take it, also.

So....what do you think?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, crap....

I just realized this is the Warhammer Fantasy battle forum. Apologys. I guess the mods will lock this or move it or something.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
OMG I don't believe this, I suggest that WHFB be put at the front of this very forum to stop 40k posts coming in here, yet they somehow still do?? I've been instructed to warn for threads being put in the wrong place here, so I have to increase your warn level by 10%. Also, don't double post as it is against the rules. Use the edit button.

~Moved from WHFB rules questions to Rules Development~

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually they did have rules for minefields. The iron warriors had an entry for them bout the minefields and only tipping them on a 6. Normal tripping is 4-6 I belive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehe...sorry about that. God, I feel embarressed. Anyway, I have revised rules for moving and vehicle movement but the`re not finished just yet. I`ll get them up ASAP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts