Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, don't get overexcited, GW aren't releasing a new game. :D

What state do you think the 40K universe will be in 10,000 years from where it is currently?

Personally, I'm not sure, but I know Squats will have returned. :p

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Have a look at the old Chapter Approved book...page 50 IIRC. There is an Imperial study about Ork blood - and it's dated as M53!

So the Imperium still exists, and so do Orks.

jwu

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Squats were a kind of 'Space Dwarfs' that were 'erased' after 2nd ed.
GW now almost state that 'they never existed' and all talk about them is banned from the GW msg boards.

Personally I think they were kinda cool and I actually have a few Squat minis lying around somewhere...

-Rob

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Have a look at the old Chapter Approved book...page 50 IIRC. There is an Imperial study about Ork blood - and it's dated as M53!
Possibly a typo? But if not, then that's cool. How do you see the Imperium in 50K?

And what does IIRC stand for?

·
Registered
506 Posts
What are Sqauts?

Of all the Abhuman strains, Squats are perhaps the closest to normal Humans in physiological terms. They are allowed great freedom by the Imperium, supplying warriors and machine crews for the Imperial Guard in exchange for the comparative autonomy of their Home Worlds.
Despite the fact that the Home Worlds were cut off for millennia, an almost complete history of the Squats survives, thanks to the painstakingly-maintained records and chronicles of each Squat stronghold. Scholars of the Administratum are still engaged in analysing the millions of individual records from the Squat Home Worlds and assessing their significance to the Imperium, but the broad history of the Squats, divided into five ages, is common knowledge:
Age of Founding
Age of Isolation
Age of Trade
Age of Wars
Age of Rediscovery
The Squat Home Worlds are almost unique in the Imperium, as they are not directly controlled by the Administratum. Instead, they are allowed a certain amount of autonomy, being ruled by their strongholds and Leagues just as they were before the Age of Rediscovery. The experiences of the previous millennia has left the Squats with a strong sense of cultural unity and a fiercely independent nature, and instead of rejoining the Imperium as subject worlds, the Home Worlds negotiated a series of treaties which enabled them to keep their independence. The racial character of the Squats - hard-working, tenacious, honourable, and inimical to alien races - is almost perfect from the Imperial point of view, and the Imperium is content to allow them a great degree of self-government. In exchange for their comparative freedom, the Home Worlds provide troops for the Imperial forces, and trade their mineral wealth exclusively with the Imperium - trade that has made the Squats a wealthy race. They also undertook at the start of the Age of Rediscovery to allow the Adeptus Mechanicus unrestricted access to their technology; it is significant that the Squat Home Worlds have a higher incidence of working Standard Template Construct equipment from the Dark Age of Technology than any other group of worlds known to Humanity.

I hope that helps a bit!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
In 10K years the space goblins will run amoc in the galaxy.
And C3P0 will be the leader of a rebel servitor army :twisted:

And Gandalf will arrive and start a new empire of the ring!

Ok I'm nuts, but the space goblins should come around...

Kasutta!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm not exactly, I think by Space Goblins he means a race of self sufficient (I hope that's the word I'm looking for) creatures, and Grotz are ruled over by the Orks, and they get the crappiest guns and stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think that the tyranids would have come back and taken a failry decent sized chunk out of the empire, as they are mass expansionists.

There would also be a lot less eldar, as a dwindling race should dwindle, instead of staying the same as GW like to keep them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Imperium would change alot I rekon that the the ultramarines would consider them selfs to pure for the imperium and break away from there rule. the blood angles would probable turn to chaos and the dark angles secret would be out and they would be hunted down by the Inquosition!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I don't know about the UM and BA breaking from the imperium, but the DA... well how long can they keep a secret from the inquisition? Not another 10,000 years I think!

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
I don't think things will have changed much... The sheer size of the galaxy and the number of foes is too large to simply change.

There will have been many large campaigns but the overall balance will be unchanged.

As for the HERETIC who claims that the Ultramarines will break away from the Imperium, that is the daftest thing I've heard! The Ultras would NEVER benefit from becoming independent and they know it..

Don't be so rediculous...

-Rob

·
Registered
396 Posts
In the year 50K

The Primarch Jagathai Khan returned from another Galaxy along with his Legion of Black Scars.

Along the way they managed to defeat and subjugate a Hive fleet and now use them as transport ships.
Auxuliaries among them include Eldar and Squats.

Another race of man has also emerged known as the Nitzchean. They are a technologically advanced human race that prefer Deathworlds as training grounds for their brethren.
TheInquisition and Ministrotum would have liked to exterminate them, but they actually regard the Emperor as the pinnacle of mankind.
THey have a priesthood known as the Bene Gesserit that has a secret breeding program. The planned end result and the existence of this program is not known by the Inquisition.

:a

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.