Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that Warhammer fantasy and 40k is in the same universe ?. Cause once i read a short story in inferno (i forgot which one) it says that 5 mysterious beings (i think they mean Terminators) appeared from nowhere and wipe out a choas hoard or something i forgot.

anyway can anybody tell me is it true ? :huh:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it was in Inferno no 2 (it was a long time ago)
so....anyway if they weren't connected why they put it in Inferno ?
also take note with the Chaos gods and Kaela Mensha Khaine. :huh:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
lol plus the fact that it doesnt make sense. one people using bows and arrows, one using missle launchers.

lol a bow and arrow hits a marine in power armor. marine is like..w t f was that? lol

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think they are actually connected, even if it isn't official..

Remember that WFB takes place around 2000AD sometime, and 40k is in 41,000AD.

Dark Elves God: Khaine
Eldar God: Khaine

Chaos in both.

I actually think that Orcs in WFB and Orks in 40k are the same race, just that on Earth they didn't have guns, and were exterminated.

Dwarves must have died out, and I also think that the Elves are either Eldar that have crashlanded on Earth and reverted back to "Barbarism" as the Eldar would see it, OR the Old Ones created Terra as a way to see which of the races that they created would win out in the end, and so placed them all on it and let them fight it out for supremacy.

Either way, they ARE connected. I've seen too many fluff connections to believe otherwise.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
There are lots of similarities, but that doesn't mean anything. GW has OFFICIALLY stated that WHFB and WH40K are NOT in the same universe. The people who designed the basics of the 40k universe simply weren't creative enough to think about an entirely different background, or they even intended all these similarities in order to make WHFB interesting for WH40K players and vice versa: "Oh, i play Eldar, but i also started High Elves a while ago"

BTW, if i remember correctly WHFB Elves are immortal (concerning age), WH40K Eldar are not immortal.

jwu

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't believe that Warhammer actually occurs on earth, so you don't really have to worry about crazy stuff like eldar crash landing and stuff. The silly rumor that I heard about it was that they do take place in the same universe, just that the events occurring in Warhammer take place on a planet isolated by/in/near the Eye of Terror.

·
Registered
199 Posts
im pretty sure GW used the same names for one simple and logical reason- copyright.

Taking out IP (interlectual property, copyrights) on a product is expensive but necessary unless some1 wants to rip it off. So GW logically thinks- why should we pay for two copyrights when the same stuff can be used twice??

Cheapskate, but thats how u make money in business

·
Registered
878 Posts
In the big codex, one of the kinds of worlds is Feral. I think that those are planets developing humans, but not even semi-close to what the others are at. Maybe WFB takes place on one of those planets, and the Imperium is keeping close watch over them, like an experiment... Bwahahahaha!

·
Registered
857 Posts
The Tomb Kings also remind me of Necrons sort of... not really. Skaven and Vampire Counts don't really have an analog, though...

·
Registered
959 Posts
yeah ive heard similar things, although i heard that the warhammer world was a world stuck in a warp storm. they also both have the old ones involved. honest;y i dont think they are linked and just the similarities like chaos and elves to get people into both 40k and fantasy.

·
DING
1,740 Posts
I havent heard any rumors but WFB was in use way before 40K. So i suppose when GW were launching 40k they sort of sat around and realised that if they had armies in both that were similar it could persude people to play both systems. Then again the Old Ones were the anicent gods of the Lizardmen in WFB and in 40K the Old Ones had a show down with the C'Tan sometime in the depts of time.
Mahhhhh go figure

·
Registered
146 Posts
What about the part in Liber Chaotica: Khorne where we get the Imperial (Fantasy Empire) Scholar having visions of the Black Crusades and then doodling loads of Chaos Marines and Siege Engines (Defilers etc).

And some of the Dark Shadows Magic Items are mighty familliar sounding...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.