Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
For quite some time now I've been thinking about doing something similar to this:

Link removed

Please read our rules, not link to other communities unless it is in a sig.

KU

Its just for a bit of fun and should be interesting. Any ideas/comments/questions?

Thanks
Xuy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah ok sorry about that, I thought it would be ok to link to that particular thread.

Yeah anyway since I can't link I'll just give a quick overview on what it is:

Basically everyone that enters makes a character from any race in WHFB up to a certain point limit and I pair up the characters in a knockout tournament and the characters will fight to the death in a certain area I have on my desk (haven't measured it yet). The winners will advance to the next round and the next until there is only one winner.

I haven't sorted out the details yet as I'm just trying to gather interest but I will fight out each battle as fairly as possible and give both a fluffly description of what happened and also tell you exactly what happened in terms of dice rolls.

All questions/comments/ideas are welcome. :)

Thanks
Xuy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pierced, I'm not actually using models its all in the form of words.

Impending slaughter, because doing it in the form of a votewar is in my opinion a little boring. Actually fighting out the fights and writing up what happened in the form of a story seems better and give forum members something to read and reflect on what actually happened.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Xuy said:
Impending slaughter, because doing it in the form of a votewar is in my opinion a little boring. Actually fighting out the fights and writing up what happened in the form of a story seems better and give forum members something to read and reflect on what actually happened.
True I guess :D And it would stop stat crunchers :glare: So you're talking more battle report format then? I'd be up for it if you did it

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
impending slaughter said:
True I guess :D And it would stop stat crunchers :glare: So you're talking more battle report format then? I'd be up for it if you did it
Yes thats exactly what I'm thinking:D. Yes it would be in a battle report style although I will be telling you exactly what happened in terms of dice rolls.

And thanks for wanting to enter...I need to get a measure of how many people would join if I started one so if you're interested in entering a character please post here to let me know.

Thanks a lot:)
Xuy

·
Registered
248 Posts
it sounds like something that i would want to enter, but why not put in the rp forum, instead of the off topic forum. I think that is just more appropriate.

and yes, count me in.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Sounds like a giggle, how many points were you thinking for the character?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Erm around 210-250 pts and there'll be other rules as well but I haven't decided as I don't know how many people are interested. I'm hoping to get around to 16 people to enter if possible.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
I'll Enter. Count me in, sounds like a laugh to me. :ninja:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If the tourney is with 210 - 250 points you could get a tyrant in his underwear :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
A bruiser can only carry 50 points worth of kit, I know ogre items are dirt cheap but there is still only so much you can get ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Heck, you could have a Chaos Lord in that point range. :D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I think an untooled up tyrant will take down a chaos lord, just through attrition as the ogre has 5 wounds or something daft like that :wacko:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ah, probably not butchers because they are magic users. I'll probably not be allowing magic users to fight because the fights will probably end up with the magic user dying very quickly or winning very quickly and it will be boring so no. Sorry...:(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts