Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite sure where to put this in this section - so here is the info, collected from my local store manager:

1) around April army deals are being released for the Fantasy armies

2) limited edition of special dice boxes with dice are being released. Each box contians a selection of dice and 2 chrome dice (for those special rolls ;)). Also 25 boxes will be released all over the world which will have a golden ticket inside -- get the ticket and you get a set of sliver dice!! (worth something like £600 according to the store manager)

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
That seems to agree with what I'd seen. Well the army boxes part anyway, as I haven't heard anything about the dice. If they are indeed having those sets of silver dice...I find it hard to understand why anybody wouldn't want to sell them if they are worth that much! I'd want to flog them and buy a nice all valve Marshall amp or something!

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I heard that select armies were getting models from Warseer, but I have no clue if this was based in fact or crap so take it for what it is ;Y

-K
And we all know that space marines will be amongst the armies getting a model and dark eldar won't. :C

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

Just an update: I've heard / read that it's going to be Warhammer Fantasy only. 40K isn't getting anything.

Evan

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Well as its only the anniversary of whfb it would be strange if anything was released for 40k or LOTR!

Looking forward to seeing what army deals there are...

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Well as its only the anniversary of whfb it would be strange if anything was released for 40k or LOTR!

Looking forward to seeing what army deals there are...
I thought it was the 25th birthday on GW in general, not just WHFB.

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
I thought it was the 25th birthday on GW in general, not just WHFB.
rereading my message it sounds rather snooty as if I was acting all superior.

I wholeheartedly apologise if anyone read it that way!

Didnt we have an anniversary recently? i forget. The founders of GW probably dont know themselves, being jumper wearing, pot smoking hippies in the 70s- not that there is anything wrong with wearing jumpers obviously...

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
rereading my message it sounds rather snooty as if I was acting all superior.

I wholeheartedly apologise if anyone read it that way!

Didnt we have an anniversary recently? i forget. The founders of GW probably dont know themselves, being jumper wearing, pot smoking hippies in the 70s- not that there is anything wrong with wearing jumpers obviously...
Ow i didn't take it that way at all, i'm more embarressed by not getting it in the first place. I do know that gamesworkshop is older than warhammer.

Edit: How old is 40k anyways? more like 15 or so, right?

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
Nah, it's WFB's birthday they're celebrating.
:party::party2:

Sorry, had to add that.

Rogue Trader started in 1986 and the rulebook was released in 1987.
21 years. It's also how long it was since we last won the RWC (Rugby World Cup), so now you know.

Anyways, looking forward to this release, I guess I'd better start saving. Those dice sound pretty nifty, plus there's various others that would be nice to have, like that Collectors Edition book complete with 1st Ed.

-AFG

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jumpers

not that there is anything wrong with wearing jumpers obviously...
Unless you are an un-named crewman on Star Trek, whom we've never seen before, wearing a red jumper, who has to beam down with the rest of the known & named away team. You're gonna die by some bizarre manner, killed by the jumper-eating aliens.

·
is Alpharius
477 Posts
Unless you are an un-named crewman on Star Trek, whom we've never seen before, wearing a red jumper, who has to beam down with the rest of the known & named away team. You're gonna die by some bizarre manner, killed by the jumper-eating aliens.

Kirk:"And the Away-team will be, Bones, Spock, Myself, Uhura and ensign Ricky."

Ricky: "Aw Crap!"

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've heard that hammy the Hammer is Getting a modal (the Guy off the front of the first rule book as the main figure and that most of the armies will get something as a way to celebrate the silver birthday.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.