Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help me? I'm scratch building my first Titan, I will be the proud father to a healthy Lucius Class Warhound, but I feel she may not make it. I am struggling to find a decent material to construct the toe/foot/leg pistons that is also cost effective.
I have previously tried using drinking straws but despite being the perfect scale, the little buggers simply wont glue!!!

Any other suggestions are most welcome. Pic will follow on, just as soon as I can.

Cheers in advance

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Finding plasticard rods or "sheet styrene" brand rods make excellent rods for pistons or anything else similar, just when you are at the shop make sure you get some that are a tight enough fit to use and buy them. It's about 2bucks a rod (australian $) they are maybe a foot long each? I've bought about 100 bucks of plasticard products in the past year.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Many hobby shops should also either carry or be able to bring in various sizes of brass and aluminum tubes, and these are great for making pistons out of, too. If you do decide to try the metal route, grab a small pipe cutter from your local home improvement store while you're out - it makes cutting the stuff a breeze.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that looks spot on!!!

will be heading down to my local hobby store tomorrow, and having a hunt.

cheers for your help chaps!!
hopefully the images have uploaded properly, but this is the stage I'm at so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts