Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I started to wonder if a whole army of warp spiders (biel tan) would work. Say around 4 squads of 8 warp spiders as your troops w/ exarch w/ exarch deathspinner,
Backed up by Starcannon vypers, and falcons.
I am rather tempted by this idea (i loooove the warp spider mini's)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
exarch death spinner does nothing in 4th edition, since if you rapid fire the rest of the squad, you can't charge, even though your exarch has an assault weapon.

·
480 Posts
I like the idea. S6 AP- in any spot you want is quite powerful. You'll almost win by default against horde armies, at least, and spamming S6 at vehicle rear armour will blow up most light-medium vehicles.

However, if the back-up is SC carriers, it would have some problems against IG Leman Russ, SM Land Raider, Monolith, etc. Since there won't be any transport to carry your BLs, preferable to put 2 BLs on 2 Wraithlord, or put in an anti-tank SS HQ squad.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Haha If you are interested I'll sell you my army of them I have around 4 squads.
(Just hit me on PM, i have too much eldar)

anyways, for me I had some ups and downs.

Ups, yes I could kill a lot of horde armies pretty easy, and get a way with it. I too could play against other standard army, and do hit and run tactics. Ofcourse I lack in CC, but exarches are there for withdrawal. And ofcourse eliminating some heavy armour might be a nuisances Wraithlords, vypers with CTM, falcons w/ ctm (these ctms can add in more of a hit and run feel heh), wave serpants with guardians (guardian platform + twin linked BLs work well).

4-5 squads would cost maybe around 1000 points, so I'd say high point games would allow you to take those units that can solely anti tank. things below, like to say 500 point patrol, you got some hit and run units which can most likely mean win since you fight against weak units. Otherwise fielding this army, makes your enemy, and including those watching pretty amazed and shocked saying 'woah' hah. It is a very interesting army.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a general idea for the list...

I will field the following....

HQ:
2x farseers w/ fortune, ccw +sp, on eldar jetbike

These guys will be supportive units. they will fly around, making sure my own units are decimated by fire.

TROOPS:

Warp spiders (duh)
5 squads of 8, w/ Exarch with withdraw and power blades.
Now, for this list to work, i think the exarch w/ withdraw is essential.
All the time i wish to be rapid firing and jumping away. If i get assaulted, the powerblades on the exarch can give me a kill (maybe, however for +5 points its in the list for good), and the withdraw will let me run away, and continue to batter them with fire.

FAST ATTACK:

6 vypers, each in squads of 2

2 have starcannons, 1 have 2 bright lances.

Expensive as hell (the troops, point wise) however, i think it will be effective
oh the list comes to 1750 points.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
I'm not totally found of farseer on jetbikes.
And two of them especially, points can be spent elsewhere?
But I guess its okay, if you wish to go on that path, I see how it works, Its just I wouldn't do that.

Dude for 20 or so points more than 2 vypers, You can get a Falcon with Starcannon + Pulselaser. And have a more durable vehicle yeah?

Anti armour will still be hard to kill. I'd ditch all the vypers, and load farseers with singing spears instead, for anti tanking.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I really wish spiders could take haywires like in Dawn of War but alas they can't and you are really going to have a hard time against heavy tanks especially annointed ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts