Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boiiing!
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As you may (or may not) know I am not one for painting ^_^ My models have never been masterpieces (especially when my main gaming opponent is King Ulrik, who puts my models to shame)

Anywho, having recently started up a WHFB Chaos army (again), I present to you the first warrior from my new army...

The weapon looks a little bright in the picture, but it has since been inked to dull it down a little.

Anywho, thought? Suggestions?

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
That came out better than I had expected it to, to be honest. I see you decided against the black armour with silver? I'm glad - I think that would have been a bit too flat.

This guy looks like he has more of a rustic feel to him.

Do you trim your flash before hand? I think I see some going up the side of the horns. But to be fair, I know how hard it is to remove that particular piece of flash.

·
Formerly C/-Rt3r
833 Posts
Wow that looks really good. It like Caluin said has a very rustic feel.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Knape97 said:
As you may (or may not) know I am not one for painting ^_^ My models have never been masterpieces
Lier! It looks brilliant. The armour looks really good like everyone else says with the 'rustic' feel... hope to see more soon:yes:

·
Registered
171 Posts
:yes: Very nicely painted love the armor

·
Boiiing!
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys ^_^ Cant believe I am getting so many good comments about the armour. It is simply sprayed Black, drybrushed Boltgun, and then drybrushed Dwarf Bronze, nothing special.

The clock on the other hand I am proud of, 2 layers of Desert Yellow, a layer of Desert Yellow / Kommando Khaki (50/50), a layer of Kommando Khaki, then 2 drybrush layers of Bleached Bone.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Good work here.
One thing is that the armour would probably benefit from a little more shading, but it is really a good paintjob overall.
The cloak would improve with some more shading as well.
But I can say it is at least above "table-top" quality and with some training these guys will look awsome.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think the armor looks fine but as camel said the cloak could do with some shading but other wise it looks fineBTW nice work on the shield

·
Boiiing!
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I am hoping to get the Champion, Standard Bearer and Musician finished tonight so that I at least have a front rank.

Now I know the paint scheme I am working on I should be able to get through them a little quicker ^_^

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Nice

Looks pretty good man, keep up the good work.

Caluin, as a Black Legion player I take offense to the flat black comment, trim detail is tedious because you have to do it exactly right for you can see spill overs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts