Chaos marauders(290)
50 men
full command
Mot
Great weapons

Rare

Chaos warshrine(130)

Total- 1993

Any tips and pointers im looking forword to constructive criticism. I plan to use my marauders as my anvil and my two units of 24 warriors as hammer. With my chaos lord i wanted something super killy and he is kind of durable beacause of tzeentch stacking with the parry giving him a 5+ ward in combat. with the warshrine i was planning on buffing my units but not trying to make ita deathstar. Where i am almost guaranteed to get divine greatness ( 4+ ward and stubborn)Also I dont want to run a dumb chosen star.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Comments in blue...

Here is my first try at a WOc 2,000 pt army list

Welcome to Warriors dude! Hope you're stay is one of eternal torment. ;)

Lords

Chaos Lord(350)
Mot
Daemon Sword
Helm of many eyes
Steam of corruption
shield

Seriously killy. Both to your opponent and to yourself lol. This guy is also a bit light on the defensive side of things. Most guys who field a Lord go for some decent protection (a 4+ Ward save + MoT) and then spend the rest of his allowance making him kill. Helm of Many eyes and a halberd is my staple build but the hero slayer or Rune Sword are good options too. As he is, he'll probably die after 3 rounds of combat against basic infantry.

Heros

Exalted Hero(180)
Mot
Charmed shield
Dawnstone
favour of the gods

Might as well make this guy a BSB. It's rude not too. A 3+ Sv isn't too hot and as soon as someone gets to str5 your save is pretty rubbish, even with a re-roll. You really are better grabbing a decent ward save. Like talisman of Preservation + MoT.

Sorcerer(175)
Level 2
Crown of command
Mot

We rarely need the Crown of Command and honestly, this guy wants to be no where near combat. At Toughness 4 with only 2 Wounds and a 4+ save he'll be lucky to survive 1 round of combat. Unless there's lots of shooting (cannons etc) keep him away from combat. Also, at this point level only having a LVL2 is a bit rubbish really. Most people are packing a Level 3 or 4 so you're on the loosing side of a magical arms race. Not to fear though, we have the 3rd Eye of Tzeentch to even the odds. Give the boy MoT to boost his casting ability and you've got a cheap Lord level caster.

Core

Chaos Warriors(434)
24 men
Full command
Mot
shields

Chaos Warriors(434)
24 Men
Full command
Mot
shields

Chaos marauders(290)
50 men
full command
Mot
Great weapons

Those are some BIG units.... That honestly scares me a little..... Consider swapping one of the units of warrior for a Halberd unit. The str5 can really make a difference against Ogres and Monsters. Str4 only gets you so far. lastly, unless yo have a character to protect from a challenge, the champions aren't worth the points.
Rare

Chaos warshrine(130)

Total- 1993

Any tips and pointers im looking forword to constructive criticism. I plan to use my marauders as my anvil and my two units of 24 warriors as hammer. With my chaos lord i wanted something super killy and he is kind of durable beacause of tzeentch stacking with the parry giving him a 5+ ward in combat. with the warshrine i was planning on buffing my units but not trying to make ita deathstar. Where i am almost guaranteed to get divine greatness ( 4+ ward and stubborn)Also I dont want to run a dumb chosen star.

The lord can't claim the Parry save unfortunately. If you have a Magic weapon or shield you can't claim it. so he just has a 3+/6++ which isn't hot by anyones standards.
The list lacks a bit of speed and chaf units to be honest with you. You have nothing that can really go after Hell/Blasters and Organ Guns and they'll reap a bloody toll on you if you're trudging up to them all game. Having some fast things like Hounds or horsemen to hunt them down or at least tie them up in combat is worth the points.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Borak pretty much said it all. A Chaos Lord is something you take at 3,000 pts and that's typically considered a "because I want to" move, not because you should. At 2k there's no reason to take one, just use a LVL4 Sorcerer with puppet at your general.

The load out for your general and BSB is rather easy, go the best ward saves allowed. Your general gets the Tal of Preservation and your BSB gets the Armor of Destiny. You can MoT both and you get a 3+ ward on both. Of course you might prefer a different lore but that's your call.

Borak is correct again in stating that your units are a bit big. You don't really offer any counters and you're absolutely going to lose the drop battle. Smaller units at this point level and bring some chaff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry the exalted is suppose to be the bsb thanks for the output.(im use to bretonnia so speed wasn't an issue now it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok guys here is my updated list would like more comments.

Lords

Chaos lord (330)
chaos rune sword
Talisman of preservation
Mot
Favour of the gods
Shield
general
Heros

Sorcerer (165)
Level 2
Third eye of tzeentch

Exalted Hero(195)
Bsb
Armour of destiny
Mot

Core

18 warriors (356)
Full command
Halberds
Shields

18 warriors(338)
full command
shields
Mot

50 Marauders(292)
Mok
Great weapoms
Banner, and musician.

5 Warhounds(30)

5 warhound(30)

Warshrine(130)

Warshrine (130)

I put champions in both warrior units because i was going to put a charecter in each unit. The halberd unit will be my generals and my bsb will go into the other init of warriors.
The sorcerer will roam free if the opponent has no shooting but against empire he will either go in the marauders or the unit that my bsb is in.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Lookin tons better than your first list!

Toss all your musicians. Those are only useful in archer units. Id even toss your standard bearer from your marauder horde. They're so killy that 1 point to CR wont make a difference a lot of the times... And if they lose, theyre still usually steadfast.

Bunker your sorc in a warrior unit and drop a warrior form that unit so you have 17. Thatll make a 6x3 formation. Same if you bunker the BSB. If you have a bunkered sorc, make sure there is a champ. The exalted can probably handle himself with that nice wardsave but give him a halberd or somethin! (wont be using the parry save anyway because of his 4+ ward)

If your Lord has favour of the gods he NEEDS to be bunkered in a unit... preferably one with the wailing banner. That way that unit can get the entire buff AND re roll fear/terror results! You can make some mean units with that combo! (usually done w/ chosen, but warriors can do this combo too)

**I dont mean to bunker the lord, but bunker the favour of the gods! That is to priceless to not have in a unit. If you dont want your lord bunkered, swap it to the exalted and swap the armor too so the points fit. Also, I REALLY like chaos lords on discs! They are so mobile and can ram into the flank of anything that is having trouble with EASE!... Or, if you give them the crown of command then they can solo units on their own. Or add blood clurdling roar so he flys around roaring the **** out of stuff! (at least until he finds viable prey)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys here is my final list tell me if you guys think its the better of the three

Lords

Chaos Lord(330)
chaos runesword
Mot
Favor of the gods
talisman of preservation

Heros

Exalted(199)
BSB
Armor of destiny
Mot
Halberd

Sorcerer(170)
Third Eye
Iron curse Icon
Mot

Core

17 Chaos warriors(383)
Halberds Shields
Champion, Standard bearer
and the wailing banner as my magic banner
Mot

17 chaos warriors(316)
shields
MOT
Champion
standard bearer

5 Warhounds(30)

5 warhounds(30)

50 Marauders(280)
Mok
Great Weapons

Rare

Warshrine(130)

Warshrine(130)

I planning to do test game on staurday so i will tell you guys how it goes.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Sounds great.

My personal favorite banner is the banner of rage on a MoT Halberd unit. Try it out someday, it's pretty nasty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts