Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The only thread I have seen in this vein is about three years outdated, and I was curious as to what people were playing these days! So please! Post your favorite Chaos Lord, Sorcerer Lord, Daemon Prince, or Exalted Hero builds. Feel free to include themed or power gamed builds, just whatever you have fun or rock face with.

My current favorite is - Nurgle Lord of Chaff Killing

Chaos Lord of Nurgle w/ Palanquin of Nurgle / Soul Feeder / Nurgle's Rot / Flaming Breath / Amulet of Preservation / Enchanted Shield / Sword of Strife

I found myself having to burn though way too much chaff when trying to bring my infantry to bear, so I designed this guy to tear through as many chaff units as possible, having a company champion do the requisite challenges until the unit hits something meaty. I stick him in a unit with festus - giving him 6 poison attacks from the palanquin, a stomp, a breath weapon, and 7 base attacks. Ain't no kill like overkill when you gotta burn through to get to your enemy generals unit.

But yeah! Please post your own! I am interested in seeing your favorites.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
He can't have poison with a magic sword.

Anyway the lord builds I use are:

Manti-lord
Lord with helfire sword, 5++ tal, Enchanted shield and manticore with iron skin.
This guy gribs monsters and characters alike, I just gota hope the dragon bane gem dont pop up.

Daemon lord
Lord with halberd, potion of strength, Armour of destiny, Scaled skin, dawn stone, soul feeder and daemonic mount with barding.
this guy has never died on my, and if I was inclined to mark my guys going MoT with the 3rd eye would make him even better.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Current builds favored by myself and the community:

Tzeentch Unkillable (Lord/Hero)
Mark of Tzeentch, Barded Daemonic Steed, Talisman of Preservation, Third Eye of Tzeentch, (Soul Feeder) + Flavor to taste
Halberd, Enchanted/Charmed Shield, BSB, for me)
--The traditional 1+3++(Reroll1s), T5, 3W Chaos build. It's very hard to bring down - it can eat challenges and tarpit units all day, and can be built to solo if desired.

Nurgle Abomination (Lord)
Mark of Nurgle, Barded Daemonic Steed, Trickster's Helm, TalPres, Shield + flavor to taste
(Soul Feeder, Flaming Breath, Scaled Skin and Greatweapon for me)
-1 to Hit, Reroll Successful Wounds, 1+4++. He's another really hard one to kill. As the strength drops, he gets tougher. At S5, he'll outlast the "Unkillabe". Not as good against shooting or anything which doesn't roll to hit, or anything greater than S5, but still a nasty build if you're already taking up the Unkillable and you plan on sticking with a regiment.

However, even with that awesomeness rolling around, what I have been using in every recent game has been (drumroll please)

L4 Unmarked w/ Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield, Flaming Breath
--Cheap, with a basic 2+4++, and the ability to kick off Flaming Breath for challenges, unit wiping, or cancelling regen.

Exalted w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Other Trickster's Shard, Talisman of Endurance, Burning Body, Poisonous Slime, Barded Daemonic Steed, Halberd
--S6, Flaming, Poisoned attacks. He forces rerolls on Wardsaves, has a 1+4++/2++, T5 and 3W. I'm not as worried about being "unkillable" because I ride with Knights (soak up everything but cannonballs for me). Most importantly, he's there to bring down Nurgle Daemons. He can hunt monsters, cancel Regen, and because he strikes ahead of the Knights he can knock down regen before they strike.

These two guys fit nicely into my army. Between them, I can make sure that I have lots of access to Flaming Attacks, but not in such a way that I can't answer to the DragonHelm and other anti-fire gear. I have lots of high-strength, lots of fire, all wrapped up in a fast list with more bodies than most people would expect. It has the added advantage of staying away from all the items that the rest of the 'net finds "too cheesy", so even with 6 Crushers and 2 Chariots in the army, it gets a nice and cuddly 11 on the Swedish Comp scale.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
I love myself Khorne builds....

Lord, MoK, Preservation, HoME, Tricksters Shard, Scaled Skin, Poison, Soul Feeder, Halberd.

He chucks out 6 str6 ASF attacks with poison and you have to re-roll ward saves. He's a great all rounder and packs a decent 1+/4++. I usually have a Shrine behind him giving him the odd buff. I once had him up to 8 attacks at str 7 with a 3+ Ward!

The other one is the Ultimate blender!!

Lord, MoK, Jugger, Sword of Strife, HoME, Potion of Might, Flaming breath, Soul feeder.

He chucks out 8 str5 attacks with ASF and he can 'hulk out' and offer 8 str8 ASF attacks. On top of that he can breath fire on you if he really doesn't like you. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
My grinder....
lord, MOT, GW, disc, OTS, scaled skin, armour of destiny, soul feeder, third eye, dawnstone, shield
1+ rerollable vs magic and shooting, 3++ reroll 1s, 5 s7 hits they reroll wards. It is a slow process (2 full turns) but he will win.
If you feel super ballsy, put this one in knights to take out the runefang wielder and/or karl franz
lord, MON, hellfire sword, OTS, shield, barded steed, dragonhelm or dragonbane gem. You can spice him up however. You could also drop OTS and take a dawnstone and just shred cav/monstrous cav. OTS helps bring down characters. His weakness is no ward save but he is hit on 5's and sixes mostly. He could even kill a GUO in one round with OTS.

Obviously dragonhelm means you do not need a shield.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My go to sorc lord hiding in a bunker is -

Sorc Lord of Nurgle w/ Level 4 / Scaled Skin / Flaming Breath / Fencers Blades / Dispel Scroll (doesn't need ward save, in unit with Festus + fleshy abundance) / Dragonhelm

He's not cheap but almost impossible to hit in cc due to WS10 and MoN giving -1 to hit against him, on top of a 1+ / 5+ (4+with fleshy abundance). And because he is in a unit he can't be targeted by range, and he can look out sir against templates. Not very killy, but because characters have to sit in the front rank (grumble grumble) it might as well be very hard for him to die there. So while he is tying up someone in a challenge his unit is getting a boatload of STR 6 w/ 5+ poison attacks (Festus + Putrefaction Blades) against the other guys unit and my lord is breathing fire into his face.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The only issue i see here is that most peeps bring the flaming death to deal with throgg and his troll buddies and chimeras. Your wizard cpuld bite the dust but as you said.. they gotta hit him AND get past a 1+ AS. pretty solid IMO. I just don't love nurgle magic like i love shadow, death, and slaanesh. But with a festus build nurgle magic is great. I should use it more often vs my orc n goblin buddy who loves to drop doom divers and fanatics on my crushers. (Toughness 5,6,7 skullcrushers? Yes, please!!!)

·
Registered
776 Posts
I almost always run this guy with three skullcrushers (would be 4 with champ if I had the models).

Exalted hero - 205
MoK, Ogre Blade, Charmed Shield, Daemonic mount

Solid 2+ save, 5s7 attacks at good I and WS, T5 and 3W from mount. Great value for points, esp. against elites and monsters. He's wiped knights, STanks, hydras and more, and is particularly deadly in smaller games with less artillery presence.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts