Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 316 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Storms rolled across the land, the earth trembled beneath their assembled might, small children cried for their mums, for dread was coming, death was coming, The Awesome was coming.

Yes, The Awesome. That's what I'm calling this for now. We'll see if I can actually make it The Awesome.

I have a few more models to purchase but not many. I will have to convert a War Shrine and a BSB riding a disc. I need another box of Marauder Horsemen along with two mounted sorcerers. The dogs in the pics are my chaos warhounds. They come from Gamezone Miniatures, as does the chariot. Another chariot is on order and should arrive soon. The dogs are the first unit to paint.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Love those dogs, gamezone makes some sick models and these are no exception!

Gonna be a cool army David, keeping my eyes peeled.

Any ideas on the color scheme or future conversions?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sounds like this is going to be a cool project. Is that a harry the hammer box i see? Look forward to seeing any progress on this army.

·
367 Posts
Finally, you can show me how it's done! Can't wait to see your skill as a painter on some chaos models.

Those puppies look amazing. Very chaosy (is that a word?). I like how bulky they are, the GW ones are too scrawny in my opinion.

Out of curiosity, are they gonna be mono-deity? Follow the pantheon, or dabble in just a couple gods (you have to make something nurgle!)?

cheers,

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love those dogs, gamezone makes some sick models and these are no exception!

Any ideas on the color scheme or future conversions?
The dogs are very cool, and I hope I can do them justice. First, I must clean the mold lines and greenstuff the seams.

I'm unsure about the primary color scheme, so I'll start with the likes of the marauders and the hounds. I've already determined a flesh scheme for the infantry, and the horsemen will be done likewise. The warriors won't have a god-determined color. Right now, I'm envisioning a dark steel armor for the warriors and knights.

I've ordered bases from Back2Basix and a few from Micro Arts Studio for the chariots and warshrine.

The two conversion mysteries are the war shrine and BSB on disk. I'm lost when it comes to ideas for them, though I have begun buying parts for a war shrine.

Have you decided what mark your guys are getting?
Those puppies look amazing. Very chaosy (is that a word?). I like how bulky they are, the GW ones are too scrawny in my opinion.

Out of curiosity, are they gonna be mono-deity? Follow the pantheon, or dabble in just a couple gods (you have to make something nurgle!)?
Yes, they are bulky, almost too bulky considering how frail chaos warhounds are, but they look cool, and that's what matters. :p

As for the marks/deities, I'm dabbling a bit. Mostly Slaanesh as this is a tourney army and immunity to fear, terror, and panic is pretty huge. Tzeentch is there just for the BSB, and the sorcerers are Nurgle. I don't feel a need to be "loyal" to any theistic theme as the new book is all about plurality and not tying armies down to one god.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
The dogs are very cool, and I hope I can do them justice. First, I must clean the mold lines and greenstuff the seams.

I'm unsure about the primary color scheme, so I'll start with the likes of the marauders and the hounds. I've already determined a flesh scheme for the infantry, and the horsemen will be done likewise. The warriors won't have a god-determined color. Right now, I'm envisioning a dark steel armor for the warriors and knights.
I've got some really cool, disturbing results with painting my hounds in a human skin color, in my case the same light pink i made my EC marines.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spring Break coming to an end, I spent Friday putting the models together and greenstuffing mold lines. Saturday, I trimmed mold lines and cleaned the models. Sunday, I went to prime and it all went to hell. Bad primer, stripping agent ruined the green stuff. In the end, I pitched them in the garbage. It was disgusting. I've had problems with GWs primer before and now it's settled. I won't touch that garbage again. Even when used "according to directions," the stuff is crap. I don't buy enough of those to say, "Oh, that's a bad can. How odd." I buy very few and have had at last two bad bottles. Not good odds. Three days work, lost. Not an auspicious start.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Spring Break coming to an end, I spent Friday putting the models together and greenstuffing mold lines. Saturday, I trimmed mold lines and cleaned the models. Sunday, I went to prime and it all went to hell. Bad primer, stripping agent ruined the green stuff. In the end, I pitched them in the garbage. It was disgusting. I've had problems with GWs primer before and now it's settled. I won't touch that garbage again. Even when used "according to directions," the stuff is crap. I don't buy enough of those to say, "Oh, that's a bad can. How odd." I buy very few and have had at last two bad bottles. Not good odds. Three days work, lost. Not an auspicious start.
I hope you threw out the cans and not the models! :eek:!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dan I would love to see your pictures of your disc! (and do you have a WoC wip thread? I'll try and search it if ya do)
)
David, that sucks about your guys, do all stripping agents removed green stuff? (I used super clean, and I am starting to have second thoughts about my recently green stuffed warriors for papa nurgle) And get cracking on posting pictures soon, I love looking at your work!

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
Aha! I get in on what is sure to be an awesome thread from the (nearly) word go. No more joining in at the end for me.

Only a couple more of these threads and I'll be motivated to start one of my own.

Let's see some painting!!!

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the enthusiasm. I started scraping some marauders (yes, zemaphore, the hound models were tossed and new ones ordered...don't tell my wife). I don't have much experience doing metal, and I didn't want to jump into the knights or warriors without some forethought. Marauders should be easy to do and will give me the satisfaction of having one of the two ranked units done. I wanted to start with Marauder Horsemen but realized I hadn't bought them yet. I thought I had, but I must've been a victim of my own wishful thinking.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Thanks for the enthusiasm. I started scraping some marauders (yes, zemaphore, the hound models were tossed and new ones ordered...don't tell my wife).

NO! Fish em out! I want em! I'll salvage em!

I don't have much experience doing metal, and I didn't want to jump into the knights or warriors without some forethought. Marauders should be easy to do and will give me the satisfaction of having one of the two ranked units done.
Ranks are fun, cause when you finished, but not painted them, they already make sense, lined up like true napoleonic soldiers!

I wanted to start with Marauder Horsemen but realized I hadn't bought them yet. I thought I had, but I must've been a victim of my own wishful thinking.
Happens to me too, you are just so caught up in planning and "i'm gonna buy this, gonna buy that" that you completly forget what you actually do or do not own! I once bought some models i already owned :|

1 - 20 of 316 Posts