Librarium Online Forums banner

WASPS! *bzzzzzzz* (1750 'Nids)

677 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Hive Fleet Cobra 
#1 ·
Allright, since my IG-list seems to be nearing conclusion, I'm going to turn my focus away from it, list-wise, so that I don't do all to many changes to it...

Instead, I'd like to focus a bit on my Wasp-list. Tyranids, that is.

I want to make a list with a clear wasp-theme, and thus, I will regard my Fast-attack-choises a bit like my troops... they are supposed to be the core of my army...

Of course this list would have a winged CC-tyrant, winged cc-warriors, and a horde of Gargoyles. As many as I feel that I dare take...

For troops, I'm thinking Leaping Rippers. Modeled as smaller wasps, combined with the Catalyst-power, so that their low initiative won't be so devastating.

1750-point first draft list:

HQ:
166 — Hive Tyrant, Winged, 2x Scything talons, Warp field

Troops:
140 — 10 Leaping Rippers
140 — 10 Leaping Rippers
140 — 10 Leaping Rippers

Fast attack:
228 — 6 Warriors, Winged, Scything talons + Rending claws
384 — 32 Gargoyles
384 — 32 Gargoyles

Heavy support:
180 — 3 Zoanthropes, Catalyst, Warp blast

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks interesting, though those Gargoyles may be problematic. First of all they're the most costly models (dollars per point) in the Tyranid army. Also, broods of 32 might be difficult to manage.

#4 ·
Not only would the cost for the gargoyles be high, unless you found somehwere wto buy the rippers seperatley, youd need to buy a box of gaunts or warriors for every base! I'm a bit worried that the zoans wouldn't keep up, but i can't think of anything to replace it.

#5 ·
Ostsol said:
Looks interesting, though those Gargoyles may be problematic. First of all they're the most costly models (dollars per point) in the Tyranid army.
I'm probably gonna make them from gaunts, seeing as I'm gonna convert them a lot anyhow... I'll replace the middle-limb witha wing, and use the cut-off leg to replace the hind-legs... not all that difficult, and the result? A cheaper gargoyle :)

Marvus said:
Not only would the cost for the gargoyles be high, unless you found somehwere wto buy the rippers seperatley, youd need to buy a box of gaunts or warriors for every base!
I don't think I'll use rippers, but I'm more likley to build my own with the help of the left-over weapon symbiotes from the gaunt sprues... I'll probably be aimingfor something like this;
http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/creatures/6/

Marvus said:
I'm a bit worried that the zoans wouldn't keep up, but i can't think of anything to replace it.
I'm thinking about giving one of them the Synapse creature-power instead of Catalyst, so that the zoans won't get out of synapse range... better, perhaps? And they'll be able to keep up with the rippers up until the rippers get within 12" of an enemy and are able to charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.