Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I haven't recieved any wave serpant sprues. But I went along the GW online store and found 4$ for a whole set of guns. I was wondering if these could be compatible for every other vehicles (Vypers, Falcon, , platforms? Or would they not fit?)

If it will fit then i will be thinking of ordering a few sprues. heh

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
They fit, don't worry about that.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. Thanks mucho. Going to send a massive order of 10x weapon sprues to GW..
mwhahah.... 10 starcannons anyone?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bying the Spues online Hasn't even occured to me, I've been bying platforms for all my heavy weapon needs, not too bad in my strike force but expensive nonetheless.
Serpent sprues are an awesome idea.

Damn I hate being slow...:cry:

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heh vypers and magnetize it on falcons, and heavy weapons platforms ofcourse ;)

Though would they look weird on them without the weapon shield thing or whatever goes on top of the weapon.

·
189 Posts
I absolutely love the wave serpent heavy weapons sprues. I have an old hvy weapon platform as well as a new one and they worked fine. I used the neodymium magnets - had to drill and dremel a bit away though, but it works fine and you can hardly see the conversion work. Just about everything I have now is magnetized, wave serpent, falcon, hvy weapons for guardians, war walkers, etc.

They seem a little smaller than, say the metal heavy weapons hoverpad blister, but they still work great. And $4 for every heavy weapon from the eldar? Seems cheap.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Speaking of which, does the vyper ship only with a Shuriken Cannon or with some other weapons? The GW website doesn't display the sprue.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Vyprt only ships with shuriken cannon main weapon and twin linked shuricats underslung.
The best way to upgrade the latter is to use the shuriken cannon of the the jet bike, the main gun can be replaced by any of the metal guns or plastic ones from serpents, walkers, platforms or wraithlords. Using metal ones can make the gun ,ount unbalanced if it aint glued

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Yeah, as Camel said, the Vypers have a tendency of falling over when you use the metal weapons on them. Plastic weapons are recommended for improved balance, even though the star cannon looks like... well, it's almost as ugly as a Dark Eldar model on my scale. :O

·
189 Posts
True, it may look ugly, but it's effect are so so pretty.

As for the metal vs plastic. I have used both on most of my models, and they work good with the hvy platform, falcon, wraithlord, warwalkers, etc. They are all magnetized with a 1/8" magnet.

You can have some droopage with the metal ones, but they still work.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
heh I just got two test sprues of the wave serpant, now i see its workable.. but yeah have to agree on the starcannons... they are eww. oh well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have designed, (using the chapter approved vehicle design rules), 2 Titan Flyers as heavy support for my Eldar ranger force. These flyers use, (as a primary weapon system), 2 twin linked, gattling D-cannon with extended barrel and mega weapon option, and as for a secondary weapon, one twin linked, gattling, extended barrel, star cannon.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
cirquemeter said:
I have designed, (using the chapter approved vehicle design rules), 2 Titan Flyers as heavy support for my Eldar ranger force. These flyers use, (as a primary weapon system), 2 twin linked, gattling D-cannon with extended barrel and mega weapon option, and as for a secondary weapon, one twin linked, gattling, extended barrel, star cannon.
And that has to do with this thread in which way?

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im not entirely sure... maybe he wants to tell us of his creations.. somehow relating to WS weapons.. without stating it haha... but you got pics to any of those btw? o.o

1 - 19 of 19 Posts