Librarium Online Forums banner

Way Back When

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kai-Itza 
#1 ·
I've just posted on another thread that required me to go back and look at the old gamesworkshop website (now even the Australian one has gone all modern). While I've posted on this before I though it might be worth mentioning again for those veterans who want a last look at the old GW site or newer players who would like to look at some of the historical content. While most of what's on there is superseded, there are some things, like the combat patrol rules, which are still perfectly valid, but not available on the new site.

To do this I use the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, which seems to have been saving old websites for a while now (its actually quite a laugh looking at old websites if you are a nerd like me)

The GW pages stored seem to go back to 1999, which while that seems like yesterday to me, was 10 years ago :-(

A note of warning, not every picture was saved and not every linked PDF is there, for example the combat patrol rules from WD 274 are saved, the ones from 284 aren't. As a result the pages look a bit odd and the styling is worng, but GW designed their pages to deal with that, so a lot of text is still readable, many pictures are still there are are a few PDF's. When given an option its best to look at the versions of pages that don't use flash, but sometimes they still work.

My personal highlights are:

Combat Patrol

Creature Feature (note the link to the PDF deos not work, but the big red links to the normal pages do, although some of the pictures are missing)

Tau Human Auxiliaries

and a rather amusing black templar mini campaign I'm sure could be adapted to the 5th edition rules

Rites of Initiation

I'm not sure how long this website keeps stuff on its servers, so it may be worth saving anything you like the look of. Anyone else see any hidden gems in there, (if so post the links here) or is it just history nerds like me who find this amusing ;) ?

See less See more
#2 ·
VERY cool!

This might be a good way to track down those fluff articles, painting guides, other rulessets (like Deathwatch Kill Team, etc.), and other fantastic content that was lost in the "improvements" to the GW sites. Great find!

+rep

#4 · (Edited)
Dark Eldar Raider With Squad

Out Now Boxed Set - £20.00 Part Code: 99120112005Stock Level: In Stock [?] Because of their lack of armour Dark Eldar warriors need to get into combat quickly and the Raider is perfect for this. This box set contains one Dark Eldar Raider and 8 Dark Eldar Warriors and this is a single troops choice in a Dark Eldar army.

$32 for 8 warriors and a Raider! Raiders are $35 by themselves now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.