Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought of a cool deployment tactic for waywatchers that might be fun.

If anyone has done this, let me know how it worked out:

Basically, you'd take the option to deploy your waywatchers IN Line of sight, but outside of the 12". You'd field 1 unit of 10 (or two units of 5 depending on how much maneuverability you want, and if you want a Treeman) and opt to deploy your waywatchers before scouts (take two units of Scouts x10 each) and deploy the waywatchers "firing line" style, at the maximum 2" apart from each other. and then deploy the scouts directly behind them (your own skirmishers block LOS). Thats 30 archers (10 of them with killing blow at short range and a BS of 5) deployed AFTER your opponent, and pretty much anywhere along the center line of the battlefield, not to mention your other 20 archers (or more depending) along your deployment zone. Your opponent would deploy to either avoid or take out the archers you've placed. and all of a sudden there are 30 they didnt expect, in a location they arent too happy about.

Has anyone done this? I think Im going to do this over the coming weekend to test it out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sorry to burst your buble but you cant actually do this plan. Normal scouts have to be deployed 10" away AND in or behind cover (and no waywatchers dont count as cover).

P.S skirmishers have to be max of 1" apart not 2" like you stated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, cool. Thanks. Me and my friends are still used to the "Only have to be out of line of sight" and Skirmishers block LOS. The new rulebook states in or behind interposing terrain."

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think they would be less happy about you deploying them in a forest a few inches away from them... being abe to shoot at close range at nearly any unit, and having a good possition for flank/rear charges on turn 2 or 3. Waywatchers are no pushovers in CC. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts