Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I am looking to get back into Warhammer - 4 years ago I bought a WE army (the army box and a few other bits and bobs) but I never got round to even making the models, let alone playing with them.

I have recently found renewed interest and after reading this wonderfull forum for a few hours and studying the tactica (props for putting that together, was a godsend for a brand new player like myself) I have devised this list. I would really appreciate some input on whether this would work or not if you wouldnt mind :) Be gentle, its my first time making an army list for WE.

Cheers.

This is for 1000 points.

Noble
+Alter Kindred
+Helm of the Hunt
+Hail of Doom Arrow
____
150pts

Branchwraith
+Level 1 wizard
+Cluster of Radiants
+Annoyance of Netlings
____
165pts

Glade Gaurd x10
____
120pts

Glade Gaurd x10
____
120pts

Glade Rider's x6
+Musician
____
153pts

Dryad x8
____
96pts

Wardancer x7
+Musician
____
145pts

Great Eagle
____
50pts

Total; 999pts

Please give me your thoughts and any improvements you deem appropriate.

Thank you for your time :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks like a good solid base army, just a couple minor changes I would suggest.
Noble
+Alter Kindred
+Helm of the Hunt
+Hail of Doom Arrow
____
150pts
Alters really need a great weapon to shine, and you should probably also give him light armor and a shield to protect from shooting if there are extra points. Will bring him up to 158pts

Branchwraith
+Level 1 wizard
+Cluster of Radiants
+Annoyance of Netlings
____
165pts

Glade Gaurd x10
____
120pts

Glade Gaurd x10
____
120pts

Glade Rider's x6
+Musician
____
153pts
It is probably best to field glade riders in only units of 5, musicians are very useful for them.

Dryad x8
____
96pts

Wardancer x7
+Musician
____
145pts
Check your math, should be 133 I think, units of 7 are fine, 8 works good too since you will have a few extra points to spend. 8 with music should be 151 points

Great Eagle
____
50pts

Total; 999pts
By my math, if you drop a glade rider, you should be able to take an 8th wardancer and give your alter his GW,LA,SH and still have 11 points left over. Not much you can spend this on other than a musician for one of the glade guard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you find the list lacking in Close Combat, you could drop the 6th Glade Rider and the Branch Wraith for two more units of 8 Dryads. With just a quick look at the math then I believe you may be a few points over, but I'm not certain.

Just a though. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.