Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just thinking of a color scheme for my WE army. At first I just wanted the original Spring Theme idea but then after about a week or two of thinking an letting my imagination go wild, i thought of a crazy color scheme which can only be pulled off if one of those Eavy Metal team painters paints my army.

Now I'm not an Eavy Metal painter nor is anybody I know one, but I know a studio which can do the painting for me. Its called bluetable painting. I've seen their work and its just sick.

Anyway the theme I am thinking of is a Wood Elf army... with a certain gorgeous shading of light blue and white with highlighting to make it look like its glowing.

The thing is I want this color for the skin! Think Draenei from WOW

http://www.gamerandy.com/archives/Draenei Female.jpg

http://wow.stratics.com/content/events/e32006/Draenei art/Draenei image 1.jpg

And The hair will simply be detailed shadings of Gray (possibly light blue) and White (Maybe even Space Wolves blue)

I have'nt thought of what the color of their cloaks would be maybe Dark Violet or Just Black to contrast with the hair and the skin.

The highlighting would have to be precise and extreme to pull the scheme off and the fact that I'll be paying someone to do the painting will make this army really expensive if I choose to go with this scheme.

The thing is...

Would the skin color be just too unfluffy?

It's like I will be annoying my opponent if I play with Blue/white ish skinned elves.

I mean how would you feel fighting green skinned Dwarfs or Pink skinned Orcs?

·
609 Posts
If you are worrying about the skin: DON'T WORRY. I think that is a fine idea and I've known elves to be fair skinned, blue skinned, and purple. You wouldn't be straying from the idea of an elf. Also if someone complains, and the wont, tell them your army is painted as if it was during the night. There are night battles!!! For the record: I wouldn't mind seeing pink skinned Orks at all. The way I see it, they are fantasy creatures that can have whatever color you wish as skin. (Humans have many different shades of skin so why not Orks?) Plus it provides diversity! Which is always a good thing. :party: :C

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
I don't know about unfluffy - I don't think skin colour is really covered in fluff. But the scheme you describe sounds awesome, so I say go with it!

And, as trodi has pointed out, why not just say your elves only fight at night or something, as far as I know there aren't any night fighting rules for Warhammer (though I could be terribly wrong) so the time of day of the battle is irrelevant. So why not make it night?

I reckon that would suit the elves better anyway...

Also, I've just thought of Albino Orcs (or Orks, as in 40K), which is probably another topic entirely. But that would be interesting! An albino Orc/Ork leading his warband...

But yeah. Go with the glowing elves, I say, and damn anyone who complains. :p

·
609 Posts
Having an Albino Orc as your whole army style or to signify a particular unit of even just as the Champ in a unit would be sweet. I hope someone goes and does something like that! Like a black Orc unit is all albino or something. hahaha.

(P.S. - I didn't even know that they spelled in differently between the two. Ork vs. Orc. GW is crazy)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.