Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a sprue on ebay but could not really tell. Can I put 5 meltas or 5 of anything else I wanted on them? Am I forced to put the reaper autocannon on? The sprue really looks like a bunch of random crap. Is it just a recast of the previous metal models, or are they bigger like the new marine terminators?

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
You can do a lot with a sqaud of terminators, the problem is that the box gives only a limited amount of parts.
There's 3 combi-bolters, 1 combi-flamer, 1 combi-melta, 1 rac and 1 heavy flamer for ranged weapons, for the cc we have, 3 powerweapons, 2 powerfists, 1 chainfist.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds terrible. I was hoping to field squads of 3 with melta and power weapon maybe I could convert the extra combi weapons and then sell off the excess, but it really sounds like they are just a recast of the old terminators. And they don't even give you any combi plasma.

·
Supreme Evil Overlord
4,873 Posts
The combination in the box isn't to bad as long as you want more than 5 terminators, the combi-plasma;s have to be converted but there are several superb tutorial on this site, just use the search.

·
Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!!
913 Posts
Take a look at this thread concerning modeling the Chaos Terminators;

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/projects/108591-chaos-terminators-karmoon-special.html

And danjones87's combi-plasma guide;

http://www.librarium-online.com/for...w-chaos-combi-plasmas-images.html#post1050672

I highly, strongly, unabashedly suggest you buy a Chaos Terminator Lord box as well. - Think of it as the Chaos Termie accessory sprue. It helps with the weapon load-out - solves lots of problems

You still have to make the combi-plasmas, however.

If you can swing it financially -- believe me, I know that the plastic terminators are very expensive, purchase a loyalist box as well, and mix-n-match to make a whole bunch of chaotic tactical dreadnoughts.

Don't give up -- the termie models are worth it.

P.S., they are not a recast - they are like the new loyalist models, big, awesome, and interchangeable with them! Lots of modeling opportunities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts