Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Since I just got the DaemonHunter codex I was trying to figure out if it is possible to have a Inquisitor Lord with both a Daemonhammer and Thunderhammer. The plan is to have him act as the other HQ for my IG army and to act as the main punch with the stormtroopers acting as a firesupport for him.

Please help me figure if this is possible or not, and if not then what would be a good idea for a weapon configuration with him.

Thank you and May the Emperor help you all.

BDThrall (Radical in the Making)

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Well, yeah, but..... why?

The Daemonhammer is a Thunder hammer, taking another TH is just a colossal waste. Give him a pistol of some sort instead. Aside from that, just take a Retinue built for close combat (combat servitors, Acolytes with Power weapons, enough other henchmen to act as an ablative shield for the power weapons) and you're pretty much set.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
If what you want is a bad-ass model with two honking great big hammers, then there is nothing stopping you from modelling him as such. Rules-wise you wouldn't count the two hammers as both being thunder/daemon hammers because of the massive points expenditure for no benefit at all when compared to the alternative. Count one of them as a Close Combat weapon. A fraction of the points cost, for the same high strength, initiative vs Daemons and extra attack. You don't get a shot with him though (just take a psychic attack).

·
Registered
130 Posts
go with what corianis said: game-wise, give him a daemonhammer and a CCW and model it as 2 hammers. Then give him the scourging. this will let him shoot, and do some serious CC damage. get him a good retinue to raise his stats. (BS and WS, and some acolytes to take the wounds.)

have fun, but if it's for your Imp army, i would instead either A) get some termies, and have them group together, so he can be deepstriked with them or B) just get a Grand Master, and give him his NFW and a daemonhammer with a retinue of 4 termies. 1 termie with NFW & psycannon, 2 with NFW & SB and 1 with TH & SS. or i would just get a GM with psycannon and MCNFW and holocaust, with a retinue of 5 termies. 1 psycannon & NFW, 4 NFW/SB.

I would suggest more thunder Hammers normally, but as we all know, imps dont really need extra tank destroying stuff, they need units that will slice through anhything in CC, and its harder to do that if you strike at I 1.

this is my suggestion. Either way will work, i would just suggest the latter.

Have fun with you're daemon slicing/smashing allies.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
heh just dont give him two weapons like that ,its a fat useless point sink. You never can use two different CC weapons unless stated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts