Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting the Tyranid Battle force set (made enough money from selling all my old Warhammer stuff on ebay :>)
And I cant decide what weapons to put on the 3 warriors,
help? : >
(Im going to be mostly fighting necrons)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used to play tyranids and it all depends on what you want your warriors to be.really shooty and have strong guns give them either vennom cannons or barbed stranglers. if you want to be shooty and alot of shots give then devourer or fleshborers. i would recomend scything talons and rending claws, and bio-plasma attack because they will just tear people apart with those close combat weapons. :huh:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep, got to agree with White hawk, lots of rending claws and scything talons. If you're feeling adventureous, you could give them wings (I recomend the dark pegasus wings from the morathi model) though this takes a lot of time and you've really got o pin them on. But they're awesome on the battlefield.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Against Necrons, the choice is obvious: Rending claws and scything talons. Don't try to outshoot them, for you can't (most tyranid ranged weapons ar horribly ineffective against necrons). Better tool them up for close combat.

jwu

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the rule book it says you get +1 attack if you have 2 close combat weapons,
if the warriors have rending claws and scythes, do they get +1 as well the +1 for
the scything talons?

·
1,019 Posts
If you are playing against guard alot i recommend Deathspitters. They're instant-kill against guard if you hit (slap some enhanced senses on 'em) and they're blast markers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My other friend should be getting IG, but I still like the idea of rending claws and scythes on my warriors.
Ill probably make another warrior brood with ranged weapons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.