Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, i was woundering what does Str mean. Its right next to each weapon. Iv searched the rule book three times and still couldnt find it. Deos anyone know anything about that?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
STR What do you mean?

As I would imagine it, it is the strength of the weapon...

But right where I am know I'm not sure..

ok.. do this look at several weapons. If the following weapons have the following "Str" then it indicates strength.

Lascannon str 9
Autocannon str 7
assaultcannon str 6
bolter str 4

Hope it helps you...

Salut!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have played but i only use the Str from the units info in the codex not the weapons section.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and since i have to repeat myself all the time :x i have no GW shop near my area or should i say country

·
The Landlord
5,750 Posts
Hey everybody, i was woundering what does Str mean. Its right next to each weapon. Iv searched the rule book three times and still couldnt find it. Deos anyone know anything about that?
Str=Strength. As in the strength of each weapon. They probably mentioned it somewhere but since GW seems to fear Index's to their rule books it does make it awfully hard to find.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suspected that it meant strength but i use the strength found by the atributes of a squid for example in a IG codex, now how do i know what to use? Thats what my actual quistion was, here is what i think it means tell me if im wrong or right cuase im still a noob, i need to know strength of a tanks side weapons to wound someone? cause i used think that i just had to roll 1 dice for BS.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Just check which weapon you're firing, I think there's a table with weapons on page 69 in the rulebook, it's also in most codexes.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The "S" characteristic found next to all weapons is used for wounding when shooting (see pg 48 main rule book) eg a IG soldier armed with a lasgun wounds a SM on a 5+ (S3 vs T4)

On the other hand the "S" characteristic found in the units profile is used when wounding in hand to hand ( pg 65 main rule book) eg a SM wounds an IG in CC on a 3+ (S4 vs T3)

Both examples above assumes that the targets were hit in the first place

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hey Camus, you say you have no GW shops near you...

What country and where do you come from, couse there has to be something near you...

Eztrovia!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanx Master Belial that was exactly what i needed to know and i live in bahrain(a small island)

·
Registered
1 Posts
About the weapons (St) question. On page 48 of the rule book it explains how to use this characteristic. you cmpare the weapons strenth with the targets Toughness charactoristic when rolling to wound in the shooting phase. hope this helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
its not that difficult, i know most of the rule book almost off by heart and ive only skimmed through it a few times, but that isn't the point, i hope the following helps.

weapon strength is the strength of the weapon when rolling to wound, checking for instant death or when attacking vehicles, this cannot be modified

strength from the unit info is the same as this, but it can be modified ( by abilties or gifts like daemonic strength, and also it is modified by what weapon used eg. chain sword + 3 strength)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.