·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, sorry about that. I thought it would be received as news. I'll stick with the general discussion from now on. Is new only for official GW news ?

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
It is not a huge issue. The News and Rumours section is for modelling and wargaming news in general, not just for GW, but for Privateer Press and other independent studios and companies as well. However advertising personal blogs/websites is not allowed in the News and Rumours section unless it is the site for your own professional studio/company per se, which has occurred a few times.
However I do applaud your efforts for what you have created as it really does look like a labor of love and does give some interesting details.

JvK B)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand now Jared, apologies.

It has indeed been a labour of love, at times as frustrating as it has been rewarding. I've come a long way, in terms of programming - which was my initial aim. I just wanted something to build that i would actually enjoy while I learned how to build websites. I'm really enjoying it now and have quite a few plans for further features.

Thanks for your comments of support.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most popular Warhammer Fantasy Armies

I've added a new section to the Hobby Choices poll results page.

It shows which army collectors own, paint, want, love, loathe and fear each other army.

I've blogged the details with some observations here:- WFBattles - Army Collections (blogged)

And here's the WFBattles page under the "Polls" section:- Member's Army Collections

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have updated the Members Roster page to give people the option of excluding those members from the Win% ranking who have not posted Battle Report links or Battle Notes when they added their battles.

You have the option of setting your own qualifying criteria for Battle Notes which is set at a default of 500 characters [approx. 6 sentences] (see image below and read on) :-

• (1) Click the check box to only rank members who have posted a link or notes
  • (2) Choose the number of characters written in the Battle Notes that you consider sufficient*...
    ...then hit <Enter> or <Tab> away from the characters text box

* add 1500 to the characters text box if you want to exclude all battles except those with Batrep links.

Please subscribe to this thread or this one to keep abreast of developments.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've restarted development work on WFBattles.com. Here are couple of quick updates:-

I have added a filter to the Member's Roster page to allow visitors to see member Win% ranks by Tournament / Friendly or All Battles. See green ellipse in below image:-

I've added a section to the Battlefields page named Professional Mercenaries & Fun Foes.

It shows the armies listed in order of Fun and Skill (combined) and the enemy they demonstrate the most skill* against and had the most fun battling (where the result was a win or a draw).

* skill is defined as requiring the least Luck (ie. 100 - Luck as recorded on the add Battle page)

I've blogged about it in more detail here:- Professional Mercenaries & Fun Foes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts