Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the new Vampire counts models when i noticed something we all know but was shown again to me: A paint scheme really makes a difference.

I'll illustrate with GW imagery:

Old Zombie paintscheme.

Zombie Clowns!

New Zombie paintscheme.

Scary Zombies!

This is examplery of how a good choice of colors can make a huge difference.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well... I partly disagree. I find the new zombies look a little 'cheap' with their clothes painted all the same.
You could probably argue and say that it's because they used to form a regiment when alive (for real), but this fails to me because of their weapons. Looks like a mob of peasants, and they don't wear uniforms...
Like the new look of their skin thou...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really like the new look.

Zombies are supposed to be peasants right? Peasants would not have access to that many differently colored fabrics in the first place as they are.. peasants.

·
Registered
101 Posts
realistically, yes they should have different looking clothing than each other, but there are two reasons to paint them otherwise.
1) they look better as a regiment
2) they will tie in to your army scheme

hypothetically, they could be a unit of soldiers that were slaughtered but retain some of their uniforms. zombies can be peasants, but they dont have to be, they are just "newly dead" and dont have to look like peasants

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
It's worth pointing out that the faces and bases both work better in the newer ones; they enhance the look almost as much as the cohesion of the scheme.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Think I prefer the older ones to be honest, The colour range makes them look more ''realistic'', different stages of decay etc. Although a bit extreme in the contrasts, toned down a bit i think a variation of colours is better than one dull block.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
There is variation in tone within the second unit, although it is rather more subtle. In the first the tone is uniform for the entirety of each zombie, rather unlike real decaying flesh in all honesty.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to a med student and he said the second pic is a more accurate depiction of decaying flesh. But i agree on the red clothing, it's perhaps a bit too uniform.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts