Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello.

When I'm now after a 6 moth Warhammer break starting to assemble the rest of my Kroot army, I have forgotten everything about what my army was going to look like.

So, I need yer help with two things. I'm starting a 1,000 point army, and I need to know what amount of Vultures should be used. This is so I can buy the correct number of wings for them.

Which brings me to thing numer two: What wings should I buy? As I see it, there are two options. The first one being the curved in harpy wings ( http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=9947021204806&orignav=9 ) , the second being curved out ones (no pic).

Now, any suggestions?

Cheers.

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
Chaos furies provide the best wings imo. nid gargoyles are okay looking, but might be a little odd with out conversion of the more buggy features.

As for unit size, id say 15. depending on what adaptation, and think of putting a master shaper with them.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I used Chaos Furie wings when I made my shaper with wings. Just a little green stuff is needed also to help them sit there.:yes:

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
I find the harpy wings to be very krootesque, as they are nerved on tin bones, to go alongs with the body sculpt of the miniatures.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm gonna go with Harpy wings. I like the way they look better.

Now, the big question, how many curved in and how many curved out ones should I order? 50/50?

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
problem with harpie wings is you dont get the whole wing, as the first section is attached to the harpie body. and the fury wings have a muscular arm attached, where as the harpie on doesn't, as far as i can tell...not on the part of the wing you can buy serperately in any case.

·
Registered
827 Posts
While the harpy wings do look good, you should really save some money. The furies wings dont look too bad anyway...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ShadowZora13 said:
problem with harpie wings is you dont get the whole wing, as the first section is attached to the harpie body. and the fury wings have a muscular arm attached, where as the harpie on doesn't, as far as i can tell...not on the part of the wing you can buy serperately in any case.

How much of the wing is gone, exactly?

And about saving money... It isn't really an issue for me. I want what will look best on me Kroot... Not things that "don't look too bad".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, tbh I don't really understand how the wing is supposed to look ... Which side is up, and how bent they are.

Anyway, do you think I should buy an equal amount of both types of wings, or would it look better if I had some more of one type?

·
heretical thoughts?
948 Posts
i dont know about how bent they are, but its your preference on the more open vs the more closed variety. Note that all the wings have a little bump on them that is used to attach the wing better to the harpie, but can be shaved off easily.

again, I don't know much about the harpie wings, cause i don't like them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts