Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
3 warpeast packs are a must against nids and at least one wych raider squad. At least 40 warriors with splinter cannons. One ravager with disies. Talos if you plan webwaying, if you are then take the beasts to acompany the talos in the webway. DONT take too many ravager cause Hamerheads wil tear them to pieces with their railguns and ion cannons.
My suggestion is charge the nids with beasts and wyches while warriors will hit em from a far. Ravager snipes biger units, so always keep it moving. Against Tau, well Webway is your only option or you will lose at least 50% of your army before you even come into base contact.

·
1,768 Posts
You equip a character with WWP, you can move enough distance as long as you can still shoot in order to open it. You make a roll to open it, its good to have 2 WWP's to make sure if one fails then the other opens. On the next turn you bring in the reinforcements.
If you equip scourges with it, you deepstrike on 1st turn, open it on the 2nd turn, let your units come on third turn. WWP works well mostly for CC dark eldar or wych cult so beware the WWP is quiet expensive

·
1,768 Posts
its in the codex, I cant state on web cause its against the rules to share point value for upgrades but its there. Armory i think

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi there

Some advice on protals. Rules and cost are clearly stated in the DE wargear section.
In a 1500p army take two! Why? If your portalcarrier gets killed before you've opened it, it's lost. Meaning: goodbuy reserves.
I wouldnot recommened scourges as the portalcarriers. I know, fluffwise it looks rather cool. The unit deepstrikes, opens the portal and you attack from behind enemylines. However, you may not move and shoot when opening the portal. And as deepstrike counts as moving you are prosponing the opening of the vortex. In addition, I find deepstrikeing scourges highly precarious. Unlike terminators they lack armour. So there will probably be blown to bits by your opponent before you'll be able to open it anyway.
What do I take as carriers? Heamonculi or Sybarite (not in a raidersquad). Why not a raidersquad? Well we all now that raider are made out of paper. So they get blown out of the sky like nohing. In addition, the serviving squadmembers will be pinned. Meaning you don't get a chance to open the portal.
Nowadays I take two heamonculi on foot as portalcarriers. When I open the portals depends on what army I face. Nids will be very eager to getting close with you. So opening the portals, in turn one, in your own deploymentzone is a fairly good option. Hence reserves can arrive in turn 2. Against Tau, which will probably stay way ahead of you, you'll have to move your carriers a bit further. Meaning, your reserves will be arriveing as soon as turn 3.

I dissagree with wraitgaurd. You don't need to roll to open the portal. Just think of the portal as a heavy weapon. In order to open it your carrier may not move or shoot. Example: Heamonculus doesnot move and shoot in turn one, though opens the portal. In turn two you roll for your reserves to come out - a 4+.
The codex doesnot mention that you need to roll to open it! It just says you roll in turn that reserves may enter.

Cheers

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
WraithGuardian said:
3 warpeast packs are a must against nids and at least one wych raider squad.
You can only take 1 warp beast unit in a normal Kabal army(and then you have to have a unit of wyches).
In a Wych cult you can only take as many warp beasts squads as you have wych sqauds.

And Lorddraahk is correct you do not need to roll to open the gate, only to determine if your reserves show up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts