Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
They give you lots of heavy weapons but fill up a very usefull heavysupport slot.

·
Registered
166 Posts
is it true that you cant use them in official tournaments?? otherwise they would be very cool yes i will buy them ( if i have money again :angry: )

--for the greater good--

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Tau need a couple more choices for practically everything. Drones could be an easy quick fix. A drone troop option with pulse carbines, a pulse rifle and maybe a flamer would be nice. And a rail rifle on one would be nice. If they drones could only mount one weapon that would be fine with me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with my drones as they are now, especially deep striking and shooting dreadnoughts in the back ^_^

·
Registered
53 Posts
The new Sentry Drone Turrets look good for a defensive heavy support choice....mmmmm TL Plasma Rifle goodness....

·
Registered
531 Posts
But forgeworld model are not legal with out opponants permision and games over 20000 points.

thas 2000 no 20,000 sorry.

·
Registered
166 Posts
that would be nice, a game of 20.000 points. would take a hell of a lot space adn it will take days to win, but it would be very cool. So it was just your subconscious who said 20.000 :D B)

still the idea of mounting railguns on a drone keeps spinning in my head AAAAAA

--for the greater good--

·
Registered
353 Posts
There needs to be a *good* 40k pc game, then you could play games of 20k points. Instant rolling, instant movement, and saves.

It would still take forever to decide where to move, but man would I love a pc version of 40k to streamline some of the other stuff. Why GW hasn't made just a straight port of the table top, (as opposed to the screwy games they've made, which don't have the depth of the table top game), I dunno. I guess it's because they make all their money on models, or maybe it wouldn't be that popular, a game rendering of 40k probably wouldn't have the same feel as a nice table of miniatures. I'd like it though, and it would help me get a 40k fix without needing so many free hours.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ok, back to the whole gun drone turret thing, does anyone know where they might print the rules? Please help!! Those would look badass in a defensive mission!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by PapaBear@Nov 7 2003, 20:01
I guess it's because they make all their money on models, or maybe it wouldn't be that popular, a game rendering of 40k probably wouldn't have the same feel as a nice table of miniatures. I'd like it though, and it would help me get a 40k fix without needing so many free hours.
That would be awesome Papa! You could have options for terrain, time of day, objectives. The potential is mind boggling!

The only bad thing would be the popularity of real time strategy games. I would prefer a faithful translation of the rules as they are now but to gain more buyers I have a feeling the game would come out as a rts. Nothing wrong with rts but it would lose a little something I feel like that. It would be cool too see a SM lascanon blow a big glowing hole in the hull of an IG tank! The sounds, the smoke, the bits of Eldar, Necrons all over the plce would be awesome.. And there would be nothing to glue or paint!!

I think they could make money on this. Sell it like the do the codex's. You get say the Sm and the Dark Eldar in the basic game and then you buy the Tau or what ever other army you want. It could make them lots of money, but cost us lots as well :( <_< :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.