Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically the topic says it all, what armies give you trouble, and more importantly why?

Reason I ask is I sometimes feel like the eldar are a bit overpowered.

Our mix of speed and firepower seems unmatched by most other armies, our tanks are arguably the toughest in the game and everyonce in a while I feel kinda bad when my reapers kill 8 marines in 1 round of shooting and my opponent has that "how cheap" look on his face.

Granted our CC is a bit lacking (considering how specialized it is) compared to some other armies, excluding harlies which I don't use, but the Avatar is one of the most durable units I have ever seen and all our units seem to have very useful special abilities and special rules.

Perhaps I feel this way because I mostly face marine and necron players who still haven't figured out how to deal with my army, the most trouble I have had so far was against an IG player with whom I had a very close draw on a cleanse mission.

Anyways, whats challenging to VS as eldar (or a specific eldar army variant) for you guys?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I can understand your thinking that Eldar are a bit overpowered, my tyranid friend has shown his 'how cheap' face to me when my Dire Avengers's destroy 3 squads of hormagaunts and genestealers in as many rounds of shooting. But that is when everything is going our way. the fact remains that we are less than Meq, and a lot of opponents will often do the same to us. Losing a warwalker to rapid firing marines because it's armour is so weak, or losing eldrad because he gets instakilled by a single S6 hit, that's annoying.

In rersponse to your question I would say GK Daemonhunters. But I don't have much experience outside the three or so armies I play against.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
trouble? dont have trouble!
I agree with Shiz, eldar when they work well are lethal, if you disrupt them they tend to fall appart, hence things tend to go very well or very bad, that said, I think Crons is probably the toughest opponent

·
Registered
502 Posts
Lately, most of my trouble has come from Tyranids. My army's generally very good at eliminating the smaller bugs but really struggles when it comes to dealing with the carnifexes and hive tyrants.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Against nids, especially Nidzilla. I use lots and lots of starcannons, watch the big bugs hit the floor!!!

-V

·
Striving for the right
941 Posts
trouble? dont have trouble!
I agree with Shiz, eldar when they work well are lethal, if you disrupt them they tend to fall appart, hence things tend to go very well or very bad, that said, I think Crons is probably the toughest opponent
I agree wholeheartedly with Chered on this one. Eldar are just fine and dandy when the going is good, but when the going gets tough they are just not durable enough. I'd also say that I'd happily - and confidently - take on any Eldar Army with my Tau any day of the week.

And as for the toughest opponent? Again I'm with Chered - it's got to be Necrons, hands-down. Even in the hands of inexperienced gamers they can be a real problem to overcome. Those WBB rolls and the battlefield potential of the Monolith are always a very real concern to me.

~ Ravenscraig ~

·
124 Posts
Problem Races:
Imperial Guard: too many lascannons
Necron: Glancing hits negate my vehicles
Daemon Hunters: Daemon hosts + lascannons
Tau: railguns

My Good Races:
Space Marine: usually not enough anti-tank to kill me
Eldar:

I play Eldar Armour company (3 fire prisms, 4 vypers and jetbike troops). All have holofields. I usually lose because my vehicles keep getting shaken and can't return fire. as thats where most of my firepower is, you do that math.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the most problem with tyranids. The hormagaunts, with their ability to move 6" fleet 6", and charge 12" is always devastating to me. Usually my dark reapers do good, until lictors pop up next to them and slaughter them. Mostly i have to worry about the huge amount of little guys and unable to kill them all, so when 6 hormagaunts charge my dire avengers, hold them until a carnifex charges in to kill everything else.

Oh and of course the genestealers are always horrible.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Honestly, the new orcs give me the hardest time, but then again I did gear my army towards wiping out Marines and Necrons like nothing else. Theres just nothing quite like wiping out a full squad of 'crons, then waiting until he's about to make his we'll be back rolls and then reminding him that he can't...But orcs, w/ their incredi-low cost and their inherrent goodness (ws4, t4, 4 attack on charge for 6 pts) is just plain troublesome for my non-dire avenger/striking scorpions army.

·
Registered
304 Posts
'crons

I either phase them out (about half the time) or I choke and die miserably...not much in between.

Partly, I didn't learn the 'cron rules and guys were cheating...partly cause I didn't understand the 'cron rules so I didn't exploit them. Now I only lose a bit less then half the time, before they kicked my but 2/3 of the time.

One day, if I work hard, I'll get my overall win record against 'crons over 50%.

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.