Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What army do you fear and why?

(Multiple choices allowed)

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
The only army I regularly lose to is WH, and that's more to do with the player (AT) and the fact I seem to make retarded choices every time I play him.

Everyone else can kiss my power-armoured behind.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Can't really say I fear any army. All have a way to get around, and this attitude seems to work out just fine for me. Though if I had to pick it would be IG because the ton of vehicles my guard opponent sometimes puts out is ghastly annoying for most of my armies...

Reactions: Kaptin Elwazz

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
I've added a closing date to the poll ;)

My vote was thrown at IG, even though I've yet to encounter them with their latest codex. Guard have such an easy time fielding tons of armor killers, and this should make almost any mech marine player a little nervous.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mainly Guard, i have only ever played 2 diffrent Guard lists, (played one of them a few times) the one i have played a few times, is balanced, has plenty of troops, and 3/4 tanks, so is pretty hard to take it all down....
the other list was 9 or 10 tanks, something like that, with minimum troops, and 1 Hq, all hidden in the tanks, they never got out either..... :( (i have never beaten guard.....)

eldar should be good, i have never played a Seer council on jetbikes list, but have played some other lists and wipped them out... so not too bothered about them....

Chaos are probably hardest to beat, when i have faced them, but i know how to, as i played them for a year, so have pretty good knowledge of them.....

Other than that it depends on what is in the lsit, some deamon armies are really hard, but then once i played a Nurgle list, and only lost 2 Wolf Guard, and 3 Grey Hunters..... and that was with everything down on turn 1 and 2.....

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
It’s really weird seeing everyone saying Guard. Are they that hard to play against? I’m usually using my guard so I’m never really on the receiving end of the Guard Hurt.

As for me, I don't think I really fear any army, well except Bretonians but that’s not up there. . Every army is capable of making lists of pure horridness. Generally though I have the most trouble with Orks as I just can’t kill enough of the fellows to get to that Power Claw wielding Nob.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
It’s really weird seeing everyone saying Guard. Are they that hard to play against? I’m usually using my guard so I’m never really on the receiving end of the Guard Hurt.

As for me, I don't think I really fear any army, well except Bretonians but that’s not up there. . Every army is capable of making lists of pure horridness. Generally though I have the most trouble with Orks as I just can’t kill enough of the fellows to get to that Power Claw wielding Nob.

Haha, I have to be honest. As long as I play inquisition I don't care about guards, nor anybody else. But with Nids it sometimes feels really nasty being on the receiving end of the pain. Even though it's a fairly new player he read forums a lot and take tips from the and the only way for me to properly beat him it to play lists I usually dislike. But that'll change as he makes up his own mind on the units.

With tau I hate korn in dawn of war, hell I hate dawn of war in total with tau:mad:

Ork I just love playing against them, friend of mine just got the codex next to his eldar and it already has proven a blast even though he's still checking out the units. He'll make for a great opponent in a couple of month's. Then I'll probablky agree with you on the PC nob:p

·
Registered
356 Posts
i voted eldar, dark eldar, necrons, tau, and space marines and nids. Nids I really never won against using my tau in tournaments. Mainly because I gear them for anti marines... which work well. Space marines for the drop podding and combat squading some sternguard with meltas and killing half my chimeras. Hasn't happened lately or ever, but could. Necrons for oh hey we can kill anything although I've never lost against them with my guard yet. Tau because they can neutralize my mobility quite easily. Eldar.... alot of firepower as well. Dark eldar... cheap cheesy nuff said.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
IG and tyranids.

IG have too many multilasers and too many chimeras to easily crush with my DE (the russes are meh, but damn those chimeras).

At the same time nids have too many barbed stranglers and too many gaunts for me to move without getting tied down or dead.

·
Registered
127 Posts
As Eldar, I have trouble against Witch Hunters. All those Flamers, Meltas, Powers, and especially Exorcist Tanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Alright. So, i voted Eldar, Orks, and Imperial Guard.

Now "fear" isn't really the right word for what i feel facing Eldar and Orks. Its a sense of apprehension from the knowledge that this will be a tight game and mistakes will cost me.

The army i straight up fear is Imperial Guard. Ive had games where it was basically over on turn two. If my Khorne Bezerkers are laying around in chunks, I'm not gonna hold many objectives ;)

I run an "all comers" list for local games, and i get hammered by "all comers" IG lists. Daemon Prince gets lazed to death first turn, and basically anything i cant get behind cover is dead.

Not saying they're OP... just that i have to fight like heck against any IG army, regardless of the players skill. Its probably just me.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Bah, I don't fear the puny Imperial Guard.

As an Ork and Chaos Daemons player, I fear the Eldar and Daemonhunters.

Why Eldar? They're a very powerful army, with great psychic powers and a solution for every situation. More importantly, Eldar players seem to be far more likely to be highly experienced, as they're a favorite of veteran players.

Why Daemonhunters? Because they have so many rules that are hopelessly outdated...yet affect EVERY LAST UNIT IN MY CHAOS DAEMONS ARMY! Playing against them with the Daemons is simply a nightmare.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I seem to have serious problems facing Eldar, I have very little trouble generally from just about everyone else, but in the 4 Eldar players I know who many of the have fallen when they use their other armies completely annihilate me when using their Eldar. I have about 3.5k of marines to choose from and have faced many diverse Eldar armies from jet bikers to all mech to balanced to even an almost all infantry force and cannot seem to buy a win.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Being a necron player, I don't fear anything as such but I do despise some army lists.

I've found eldar and IG surprisingly easy to kill but that could be the opponents I play against, I don't know.

I do despise Space marine and chaos marine lists that include lots of terminators because, yes necrons can kill anything but they lack low AP weapons to ensure that they do die. I often have to spam gauss just to kill a 6-man terminator squad.

As for other armies, I'm either yet to play against them or I consider them problematic but don't fear it.

So, the marines get the vote under the context that I despise them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My pure Sisters of Battle Mech Precept fear Zilla Nids. Hard to focus enough firepower to kill off big bugs without leaving yourself open to counter charges by the other big bugs.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Dark Eldar, no doubt about it.

Maybe it's just because the few local DE players are absolute masters of the army, but every time I play DE I do pretty well at first only to get hopelessly crushed around turn 3/4 or so.

Doesn't matter what I field, how I play it or what the table/mission is like, turns 3 and/or 4 are always a massacre.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts