Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
the choice of your army should, lets say, reflect your personnality.... The army you choose depends on your likes and dislikes...
for example, i chose the SMs cause i really like their Starship troopers look - their chapters also have tonns of fluff to drown yourself in.... And i didnt find IG to interesting caus they are to "reallistic", but thats just me
the admin of LO also collects the TAU, you should ask him why he chose them (maybe caus he's probably a Star Wars fan)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Shooting is over rated, trust me. Hand-to-hand combat is probably intimidating for most new people who haven't played the game much (hence the newbies section, just gifting you with my briliance ;)) well at least i was always reluctant to do close combat, and i had an army well suited for it.

Regardless, BOTH tau and IG suck at closecombat so i think your safe their.

Personally i play marines cause i'm lame, unoriginal, cheap, and impatient. the other day i played a game with an IG ally. he had ONE troops choice but was feilding 4 squads becuase IG seem to be screwy like that. Go check out the price of 1 imperial guard squad in cash, then compare its point cost, then consider the time and energy invested in painting it, and then realize its probably useless without a lot of tanks backing it up.

So basically, i think you should go tau i guess...

(but i don't really know, just throwing out things to consider)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
whats the cheapest army to buy. since im only 12 and my birthday is coming up so i want the most bang for my buck. so i can tell my parents what i want

·
Registered
245 Posts
i think IG is somewhat cheaper when you compare the number of units in a pack and the price of the pack....
but those battle force packs all cost the same

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by philipmatlary@Apr 20 2003, 05:07
i think IG is somewhat cheaper when you compare the number of units in a pack and the price of the pack....
but those battle force packs all cost the same
But do those battle forces all equal the same points count?

Do you want more models per $, or more points per $??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Go with the tau...their battleforce box is actually a completely playable army to get you started. It's a great place to start...get another box of fire warriors, some stealth suits, and a broadside or two and you're set.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I want more points for $ like the cheapest army to put together and that i can play : can play
If you want a army with low dollar cost and high point value i would suggest Space Marines or Chaos Space Marines, but then again this may not be the armies you look for if you have decided for either Tau or IG.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by hotsause@Apr 20 2003, 18:21
whats a good h2h army cause i might buy that one or collect 2 armies
Someone's getting a bit ambitious awfully fast, wet your whistle on this if you haven't been personally introduced to forgeworld yet...

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/QUATE..._TITANS_31.html

hehe, i love nebies cause their so easy to impress (now watch hes already seen one in a store, I have just made an ass out of myself... Well, i kidd cause i care.)

Why don't you buy the rule book and read it first, theirs a breif overviem of most races in the back i think even if not complete.

Also, as a general rule of thumb i got from LRSeriesIII, if it looks cool, buy it. Unless your really anal about winning, just make an army that LOOKS GOOD, playing well and having a well balanced force and winning lots of games will come with experience, but no matter how many games you win, if your army looks like crap, then you still suck (You can tell I am bias towards the WYSIWYG rule)

The game is meant to be fun, i have more fun painting and collecting then i do playing oddly enough. For me the best part of the game is when i start deploying my models out in the open so the other guy can see how much better painted my models are than his. oh course i promptly die aftrwards but for me that envious jealousness of other people towards my painting skill is the creram of the cake. Just do what ever makes happy and enjoy it, you'll sure as hell be paying enough so you might as well make the most of it.

damn, I'm a prick aren't I?

·
Normal member Fox D:
3,469 Posts
whats a good h2h army cause i might buy that one or collect 2 armies
Unless you have the money and the time, I would only collect one, however thats not to say you can't start a new army after you have finished your first :)
I collect Space Marines, and IG's but at the minute, my IG army consists of about 6 Valhallans :blink:

IMO, and this works for me, just set your sights on the one army at the minute, also once you have made up your mind, it may also be wise not to go out and buy loads of minis at one time.....I tend to use a system where I have to paint ALL the minis I have before I buy anymore.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just some uesful Tau info...the battleforce box is a 550-600 point playable army, so I'd start with that and add on some broadsides, firewarriors, and maybe a squad of stealth suits.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.