Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I started warhammer 40k 3 years ago and I have got bored of my tau/kroot/space marine/chaos space marines armies and all my friends who collect warhammer and 40k said that fantasy is wayyyyy better so I have decided to collect fantasy but I can't decide what to collect either high elf, wood elf, lizardmen or tomb kings advice please on what I should collect and what's so good about each army. I would ask my mates but they just wuna make me a noob by saying that space orks are amazing and I should collect them.... not that daft.:shifty:

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey there

i did tomb kings for my first army and they were hard to master but very easy to win with once you know how. i do chaos now and i find them much harder to play with but far more fun.

The first thing you should do is get to know the rules with fantasy, its harder to learn and know, but you need to know what the rules and and know what you are doing with the army that you want before deciding to do one.

For example you need to know what you want to do with shooting if you want to do empire and the like of shooting in fantasy. I personally think that empire are the easiest army to build on and use.

3 of the 4 armies that you have listed as being interested in doing are all very magic orientated which isnt a bad way to play but most people dont like a huge amount of magic. Out of the armies that you have suggested i would say either Lizardmen due to the fact that they are easy to use or High Elves cause they are the most versatile army in the game

Hope i was of some help.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmm, of those 4 armies eh
i dont like elves so that halves the possibilities =)

i'd go LM, magic wise just about the best, especially in big armies, and even if you dont want to go magic heavy, or want to take a break from magic, their melee aint half bad either, 4+ AS on regular troops? yes please

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
all my friends who collect warhammer and 40k said that fantasy is wayyyyy better so I have decided to collect fantasy
They are indeed correct. I find FB to be far more interesting than 40K, and more relient on actually thinking, rather than winning the first turn and list composition.

Unfortunately, there is already a Sticky thread for this kind of thing here, so I'm going to have to lock this one.

*places several tones of dynamite under the thread, and aims fireworks at pile*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.